Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-05-01 - The Intersection; Grand Rapids, MI  (Read 6660 times)

bandfan

Setlist: 2005-05-01 - The Intersection; Grand Rapids, MI
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 03:21:37 pm »
Quote from:

Spacey-
I live right outside of Grand Rapids.  Yeah, it was a good show I just wished more people would of been there to see it. (there were prob only 80-100 people there)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 03:23:14 pm »
80-100 aint so bad at all though, especially for a sunday night.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 03:24:41 pm »
80-100 people at a Breakfast show?

That, as I am sad to say, has been one of the better turnouts for the BAND outside of CT. Glad you folks enjoyed it.

I am sure we will see you again soon out there. Still haven\'t decided if I am going to make the trek out there for 10k Lakes. I hope I do!!!!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 03:27:14 pm »
I am definately trying to figure out if it is at all reasonably possible to make it out to 10,000 lakes....Would love to do that festie...and I hate festies...
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 03:29:58 pm »
I just want to go out there so I can unload a shitload of handbills for their set/show. If it is a sperate tent show. This is an oppurtunity that can not be missed.

If enough people from here want to go, we should look into renting a van for the drive or something like that.

Well?

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 09:57:33 am »
bump for 10klks crew
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2005, 10:24:48 am »
i think that late night set is gonna be the one to kick em up a serious notch. i went on 10KL message board a couple days ago and saw some people bitching about not having a Signal Path or Particle late night set.... HAHAHA...... so i basically told the retarded folks that TB\'s late night has serious potential (i know that we know it will be) the best set of the fest. this is something we all gotta be relentless in talking up on boards everywhere, cuz even if people are gonna be stubborn in thinking "im sure theyre not that good" they will show up to check it out, and will be floored. 10KL is by far the biggest show for the band, as of right now, this summer. the bill is huge and theyre music is going to blow people away. just gotta get people to go.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2005, 10:52:32 am »
Quote from: Spacey
I just want to go out there so I can unload a shitload of handbills for their set/show. If it is a sperate tent show. This is an oppurtunity that can not be missed.

If enough people from here want to go, we should look into renting a van for the drive or something like that.

Well?

i think that\'s a great idea and i for one would love to go to this. i\'ve only been to mn during a layover in minneapolis on my way to denver like a year ago and for some reason i\'m intrigued by the midwest (i know, i know it\'s weird)

i would be so down to help out with driving and would take my car but it can only fit like 1.5 people and chances are that it would blow up before we got there...

if someone wants to look at rental rates, please do so. i can\'t rent a car in my name cause i\'m not 25 or whatever the stupid law is. one recommendation from me, don\'t get one of the heavy duty vans..get like a barrel minivan-they are very good with gas, and who knows maybe there could be 2 in the works...

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2005, 11:47:42 am »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya

i think that\'s a great idea and i for one would love to go to this. i\'ve only been to mn during a layover in minneapolis on my way to denver like a year ago and for some reason i\'m intrigued by the midwest (i know, i know it\'s weird)..

I am intrigued by some of those states as well.  I see no reason for me to ever travel to Kentucky, West Virginia or the Dakotas so I\'m always looking for an excuse to get there.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2005, 11:49:49 am »
i am going to look into this and see what I can\'t find out...

it wouldn\'t hurt to have the message of the Breakfast spread by those that already know.

this show/festival can make this band become what we all know they are capable of doing. I have no doubt in the boys, i have doubt in the people who don\'t know....

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2005, 12:00:56 pm »
Spacey, not sure how long youve had the Wiggum quote, but i definitely just gave a loud chuckle.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2005, 12:12:01 pm »
gordo, i would have to say no longer then a week

traveler93

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2005, 01:55:47 pm »
Tim mentioned the Grand Rapids crowd was bigger than he imagined after I\'d apologized for the turnout.  The band More was pretty tough to sit through.  Musically they had a bit of potential but that lead singer kills the band.  They looked like a young band so maybe they\'ll evolve a bit.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2005, 02:11:55 pm »
that is a very solid turnout.

some palces these guys play to 15-20 people. i bet they were pleased with the turnout up there.

good work!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2005, 02:34:06 pm »
so wheres the setlist from last night??? anyone have any idea what went down in OH?