Author Topic: Sat. 02-18-06 Iron Horse, Northampton MA  (Read 3852 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Sat. 02-18-06 Iron Horse, Northampton MA
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 01:37:09 pm »
Weekie you comin tomorrow?????  Longtime no see....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 02:07:45 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
Weekie you comin tomorrow?????  Longtime no see....

ohh, you better believe i\'ll be there
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 07:41:09 pm »
I really hope this show it two sets but I won\'t get my hopes up........
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 07:44:35 pm »
i believe that if it was two, they\'d be saying that. since they are saying nothing, i have to assume that it\'s one.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 08:04:10 pm »
There is no such thing as a two set show at the Iron Horse.  that goes for any band.  Unless the guys take a break in the middle of a 110 minute set, but nobody wants that.  They turn the lights and shut off the sound the second a band goes over too.  Seen a couple bands cut off in mid-song.  In fact, the only band I ever saw go over time there was The Breakfast on 9/14/1 when they played the national anthem to close the show 3 days after 9/11.  They didn\'t cut that off.

Whathefunk

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 08:20:55 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
There is no such thing as a two set show at the Iron Horse.  that goes for any band.  Unless the guys take a break in the middle of a 110 minute set, but nobody wants that.  They turn the lights and shut off the sound the second a band goes over too.  Seen a couple bands cut off in mid-song.  In fact, the only band I ever saw go over time there was The Breakfast on 9/14/1 when they played the national anthem to close the show 3 days after 9/11.  They didn\'t cut that off.

while i agree with 95% of what you said seth, i have to mention that i did see TLG play a 2 set show there last semester.  And ya i\'m sure you\'ll come with the "oh but how long were the sets" argument, and i do admit that i am not sure, but honestly they both felt long enuff, maybe not the two longest sets ever, but believe me when i say it was well worth it.  Now don\'t get me wrong, i would much rather see 1 superset of the nastiest Bfast going than 2 sets of TLG any day, hell i\'d take 2 bfast songs over 10 TLG sets, but all i\'m saying is that the band got up on stage at 10:30 and took a short set break about 50 mins later and it was way more enjoyable that way.  The whole dynamics of the show change and you don\'t get antsy half way thru the one superset just waiting and hoping that the drum solo doesn\'t come soon to mark the pending close of the evening.... that\'s all

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2006, 08:25:29 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
There is no such thing as a two set show at the Iron Horse.  that goes for any band.

1/2 the reason I won\'t be there, $$$ is the other half, and next weekend is the other 1/2  :biggrin:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2006, 11:26:22 am »
I\'ve seen them turn the lights on at a raq show but they just kept playing.  I think they stopped about 5 after 1 and the employees were pissed to say the least
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2006, 12:19:44 pm »
It depends how early they get on stage. If they really do start playing at 10:30 sharp they can easily pull 2 sets. Either way its not gonna be the longest show of all time...

but the last time I saw them at Iron Horse it was a sick 1 set 4-part Rufus sandwich, so they definitely make it interesting either way :)

I\'ll be at Packard\'s at 8pm... see you crazy critters tonight
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2006, 12:27:28 pm »
Whats Packards? a grocery store? I\'ll look for you...you still offering up that prize?....CANT WAIT FOR TONIGHT!!!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 12:29:34 pm by MakisupaPJ »
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2006, 12:36:11 pm »
Well, I have to say I am excited to see the band again at the Iron Horse. I have a real good feeling that tonight is going to be packed. Going to be a good show tonight, definitely some favorites played last night but them be the breaks.

I hope I can still get a ticket, I doubt I will be in Northampton until 8-9pm. Gotta family engagement I have to attend to in New Britian and then I am making it the Iron Horse were I will be in the funnies for most of the night.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2006, 12:43:45 pm »
Makisupa: Packard\'s is a bar on Masonic St... not very far from Iron Horse, like a 2 minute walk actually. I can\'t think of a good and accurate way to describe how to get from one to the other, but ask anyone walking around Northampton and they\'ll point you in the right direction.

A limited number of special prizes are available :)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2006, 01:05:13 pm »
What are these special prizes you speak off?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.