Author Topic: If The Breakfast are going to make it...  (Read 6920 times)

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
If The Breakfast are going to make it...
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2006, 01:02:50 pm »
I never said the Breakfast was my favorite band.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2006, 01:03:01 pm »
still just trying to start shit here leith.

Alot of very reasonable logical points have been made here, and other than Mike, you ignored than all and stuck with your bull headed blind attitude.  What are you accomplishing man.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2006, 01:04:44 pm »
Quote from: Powerslave;121224
Dude, man, brah, you\'re totally right! What the hell I\'m I doing thinking about my life and future, I gotta be thinkin about the Breakfast\'s future! How unbelievably seflish I\'ve been. I\'m repenting my futile ways right now, in front of all y\'all dot infoers, my mission is now to help these guys make it. Get a Phd, screw that, how does that help the Breakfast? Answer: it doesnt, bye-bye. Savin money for applications? I can use that money to fly out to Wisonsin and get drunk at some bar and talk up my buddies. Money for school? Fuck it, I\'m gonna trip my balls off in San Diego and tell everyone this is the best band ever. Work? Lame, I work for the Breakfast now. My house? Whatever, I don\'t see the Breakfast living here, do you? My band? Is it called the Breakfast, let me check...nope, peace out guys, I\'m off to Tennesee!

I can see it now, years later, Breakfast is the biggest thing since Nickelback! Money, fans, cars, houses, and I helped! "Hey Ron, awesome show man (at f\'n Meadowlands, biatch!), say, my rent\'s overdue, can you spot me a few bucks? No? Oh well, that\'s cool man. Oh, take a shower? Sure, once I sell enough frienship bracelets and veggie burritoes to get my water turned back on." Man, years after that, Breakfast are rock legends! I can tell my kids how I was part of that musical revolution (they\'ll have plenty of time to listen, since I have no money to send them to college). Now I can lay on my deathbed and thank God above that I sacrificed my life for, not the poor, the sick, or the homeless diseased orphans, but the mother f\'n Breakfast!

Dude fuck that

POST OF THE YEAR!!!

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2006, 01:05:20 pm »
Dude, man, brah, you\'re totally right! What the hell I\'m I doing thinking about my life and future, I gotta be thinkin about the Breakfast\'s future! How unbelievably seflish I\'ve been. I\'m repenting my futile ways right now, in front of all y\'all dot infoers, my mission is now to help these guys make it. Get a Phd, screw that, how does that help the Breakfast? Answer: it doesnt, bye-bye. Savin money for applications? I can use that money to fly out to Wisonsin and get drunk at some bar and talk up my buddies. Money for school? Fuck it, I\'m gonna trip my balls off in San Diego and tell everyone this is the best band ever. Work? Lame, I work for the Breakfast now. My house? Whatever, I don\'t see the Breakfast living here, do you? My band? Is it called the Breakfast, let me check...nope, peace out guys, I\'m off to Tennesee!

I can see it now, years later, Breakfast is the biggest thing since Nickelback! Money, fans, cars, houses, and I helped! "Hey Ron, awesome show man (at f\'n Meadowlands, biatch!), say, my rent\'s overdue, can you spot me a few bucks? No? Oh well, that\'s cool man. Oh, take a shower? Sure, once I sell enough frienship bracelets and veggie burritoes to get my water turned back on." Man, years after that, Breakfast are rock legends! I can tell my kids how I was part of that musical revolution (they\'ll have plenty of time to listen, since I have no money to send them to college). Now I can lay on my deathbed and thank God above that I sacrificed my life for, not the poor, the sick, or the homeless diseased orphans, but the mother f\'n Breakfast!

Dude fuck that

:that: :yay:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2006, 01:05:51 pm »
Letihbag strikes again.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2006, 01:10:24 pm »
Quote from: WALSH;121225
I never said the Breakfast was my favorite band.

:lol: true true
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

leith

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2006, 01:21:03 pm »

Dude fuck that

:lol: Yeah tht\'s exactly what I meant..

I still have not heard anything but excuses. If I decided to stay in high school in my Senior year and not followed the Dead I may have gotten into USC instead of having to settle for SDSU YEARS later. Wow I bet my salaried life would be sooooooooooo good right now.

If I had decided to be a good little sailor when I was in the USN I may have missed out on Big Cypress and the numerous other Phish shows I bailed shifts for. Yeah I got in some trouble but I am here now AND I got an Honorable Dischrarge.

Maybe if I had not spent all that money seeing The Breakfast in \'05 I may have a better car than my Hyundai piece of crap or a better computer or.... Fuck that my memories of those shows are worth a fuck more than you can possibly imagine.

Yeah the main priority in my life is music what else is that fulfilling? For me not much.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2006, 01:21:33 pm »
Quote from: leith
Chris well my NYE may well be 4 nights back east. Seeing as TLG has balls to do NYE on the opposite coast!

12.28.06 Teaneck, NJ @ Mexicali Blues
12.29.06 Falls Church, VA @ The State Theatre
12.30.06 Annapolis, MD @ Rams Head (acoustic)
12.31.06 Philadelphia, PA @ TLA (with The Brakes)

your right the Breakfast has no balls, shit I forgot I recant anything I\'ve ever said.  You know leith why don\'t you start a band, and work at making it sucessful, and then come on here and start some shit.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2006, 01:24:40 pm »
Quote from: leith;121223
Well instead of flying out to Vegas for a band that really does not need your money and will most def. be around for years to come you could have planned a jaunt out to support your friends.

well leith, you got me there. who needs a crappy summer vacation in las vegas when the wife and i could have been tipping back bud lights listening to the breakfast in wonderful boise, idaho in mid-october?! obviously there\'s something wrong with me/us. i could have been seeing my 270th breakfast show, but instead, i was at my 20th pearl jam show. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?

you\'re talking to someone who has seen the band 260+ times in 14 states, has travelled to another country to see the band in -20° weather for a show the band didn\'t even make it to, and has recorded probably 96-98% of the shows he\'s been to. so PLEASE check yourself.

Dude fuck that

powerslave\'s posts = quality, not quantity. :thumbsup:

leith

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2006, 01:24:40 pm »
Quote from: Me!;121232
your right the Breakfast has no balls, shit I forgot I recant anything I\'ve ever said.  You know leith why don\'t you start a band, and work at making it sucessful, and then come on here and start some shit.

See right there is your guilty conscience about the band again. I NEVER SAID The Breakfast does not have balls.
It was a general statement that since they are from the west coast it is ballsy to play NYE AWAY from home.

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2006, 01:26:26 pm »
ok leith, so because you dropped out of high school to see the dead that means that everyone who doesnt do something of the sort for their favorite band (the breakfast) isnt worthy of being a real fan or something? please....i plan on having a future and loving the breakfast and seeing them often, however again, i do not see it as my job to make them succesful.  i do my part by ordering every piece of merchandise and going to every show i can, but your essentially comparing everyones situation to yours.  you settle for lesser quality things in life for the joy of seeing more shows.  ok, congratulations, do you want a medal? this is a joke..everyone loves this band so much and you just say no ones doing enouch, your the kind of person who will keep the band down if anything with this bullshit

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2006, 01:26:55 pm »
Quote from: leith;121231
:lol: Yeah tht\'s exactly what I meant..

I still have not heard anything but excuses. If I decided to stay in high school in my Senior year and not followed the Dead I may have gotten into USC instead of having to settle for SDSU YEARS later. Wow I bet my salaried life would be sooooooooooo good right now.

If I had decided to be a good little sailor when I was in the USN I may have missed out on Big Cypress and the numerous other Phish shows I bailed shifts for. Yeah I got in some trouble but I am here now AND I got an Honorable Dischrarge.

Maybe if I had not spent all that money seeing The Breakfast in \'05 I may have a better car than my Hyundai piece of crap or a better computer or.... Fuck that my memories of those shows are worth a fuck more than you can possibly imagine.

Yeah the main priority in my life is music what else is that fulfilling? For me not much.

yeah leith but that\'s YOU.  Who are you to say what\'s right for everyone else.  That\'s great that you\'re happy with your life.  I\'m really glad for you.  You know what I\'m pretty happy with mine too.  Just because it was right for you doesn\'t mean it\'s right for everyone else.  We\'re all individuals brah, each person has to do what they have to do, on their wown schedules and merits.  You coming on here and beating everyone up for not dropping everything isn\'t gonna change the fact that I have to wake up every moring and go to work and then go to school after work.  So what are you telling me I should quit my job drop outta school and tour with the band.  Thanks I did that for 2yrs, and where did it get me?  not very far.  SO now it\'s time for ME!  As is the same with many people on here.

leith

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2006, 01:30:51 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;121233
well leith, you got me there. who needs a crappy summer vacation in las vegas when the wife and i could have been tipping back bud lights listening to the breakfast in wonderful boise, idaho in mid-october?! obviously there\'s something wrong with me/us. i could have been seeing my 270th breakfast show, but instead, i was at my 20th pearl jam show. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?

you\'re talking to someone who has seen the band 260+ times in 14 states, has travelled to another country to see the band in -20° weather for a show the band didn\'t even make it to, and has recorded probably 96-98% of the shows he\'s been to. so PLEASE check yourself.

Yeah you\'re right. Sorry. If anyone on this board has travelled on his own dime for these guys it\'s you. Just got caught up in blastin\'

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2006, 01:34:27 pm »
Quote from: leith;121238
Yeah you\'re right. Sorry. If anyone on this board has travelled on his own dime for these guys it\'s you. Just got caught up in blastin\'

exactly leith, that\'s all you\'re doing anymore is blasting, there\'s no bas eto it it\'s just to talk siht at this point.   Not to toot my own horn, but I havn\'t done a shit load for this band? Wolfman, Spacey, Todd, come on.  we all do what we can when we can.  Don\'t put us down for not flying to Cali.  I as well have seen 250+ shows and make every one I can and will in the future.  Don\'t try and tell us we dont\' do enough.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2006, 01:36:21 pm »
your path doesnt need to be everyone else\'s path.  you have no right to pass judgement on anyone here, leith.  i would ask you to check your holier than though `tude.  this thread is accomplishing nothing but making you look like a grade A douchebag.  i know you\'re a good guy, but its really unfair for you to judge someone based on the lifestyle they choose to live.  and p.s. the breakfast is not my favorite band.
Postcount +1.