Author Topic: new album daydreaming...  (Read 4220 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 01:16:44 pm »
You\'re welcome Chris.  

The more people I talk to about Good Things the more it seems they have a sentimental connection to the song, whether it be memories of Timmy Tour or being part of The Breakfast fam.  Maybe one of these days...

I\'m still keen on hearing Tres Eschers..... Was ANYONE at Giavanna\'s conscious for it\'s auspicious debut? Or did the band wait until everyone passed out ;)
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2006, 01:19:32 pm »
I wastn\' there but I\'m not sure if it\'s a "real" song.......
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

davepeck

• Administrator
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2006, 01:53:14 pm »
a prelim. version was played at giavanna\'s. pretty sure with no lyrics. the lyrics were just recently finished up, again by Justin Maturo. also like the other EE, adrian wrote the music....

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2006, 02:09:22 pm »
id like to hear all of the new tunes out of the studio.. as far as oldies that havent made the cut, my choice of 3:  Mayfly, The Chase, Hard Luck Harry
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2006, 02:16:57 pm »
i think they should throw an instrumental (or two?) on any new album coming out, like cut me some slack. and good things could be my favorite song ever
caress me, aunt jemima

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2006, 02:23:29 pm »
i know Wake Up In A Coma was on Zone 1 and mokijam, but it\'s absolutely one of my favorite instrumentals from the boys. i never get sick of it.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2006, 02:45:59 pm »
I think The Chase aka Count Funkula would be a perfect choice for the new album, with special raised levels on Ron\'s slapping during Jordan\'s solo.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 03:11:12 pm »
the chase has the same feel as the new songs as well as lit. those are my choices. lit and the chase.
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 04:07:43 pm »
Bring Back Kote!!!!!

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 04:42:47 pm »
space city affair>
intension
honeybutter
esher\'s part 3
LIT
good things
psygn
the chase
surreal radio
the late and great>overexposure
episode III
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

OMS

• Egg-Head
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2006, 04:45:00 pm »
Love Lake

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2006, 01:27:53 am »
Quote from: TreyChica

The more people I talk to about Good Things the more it seems they have a sentimental connection to the song, whether it be memories of Timmy Tour or being part of The Breakfast fam.  Maybe one of these days...

I\'m still keen on hearing Tres Eschers..... Was ANYONE at Giavanna\'s conscious for it\'s auspicious debut? Or did the band wait until everyone passed out ;)

Yeah If you actually listen to the words of Good Things it is a tearjerking romantic ballad.
It is an awesome example of Tim\'s continuing maturity in his songwriting. It also shows he realizes he cannot just play a million notes all the time,he needs to find that space between notes and he is doing so in baby steps.

As for EE3 Adrian mentioned to Tim he wanted to run through it. As the night went on I saw EE3 becoming just a faint hope. So when it became Gia\'s dad, Tim and Adrian jamming I mentioned it to Adrian and sure enough about a 1/2 hour later...

It is gonna be sick for sure!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2006, 01:35:35 am »
niiice, leith you just made me wet.. ;) ;) ;)

Quote from: Gordo
niiice, leith you just made me wet.. ;) ;) ;)

:sarcasm:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 01:37:33 am by Gordo »

Giavanna

• The game is to change
    • http://www.giavannakersulis.com
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2006, 01:48:43 am »
Quote from: davepeck
a prelim. version was played at giavanna\'s. pretty sure with no lyrics. the lyrics were just recently finished up, again by Justin Maturo. also like the other EE, adrian wrote the music....

I was conscious (I think???)... It was/will be totally awesome (yes, I\'m a SoCal girl) when it\'s officially debuted.

Speaking of writing the music... I was going through cds/lyric sheets the other day and found most of the answers but, for newcomers, is there a place where the authors of words and music to the songs are listed?

GOOD THINGS = TICKET TO RADIO STARDOM!!!!!!!
This song, to me, is easily the most main stream accessible song they have right now, not to mention the fact that it\'s just a fantastic song!
Even Opera Singers love "The Breakfast!" - la pace fuori

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2006, 09:10:41 am »
Lyrically I identify with Psgyn and feel that it\'s a double edged sword. It could be recorded as a short 4 minute cock rock powerhouse or it could be a 20 minute psychedelic vortex.  Tim\'s great at capturing psychological matrices lyrically, now his love lyrics on the other hand....... I\'ll take Vera St. anyday of the week.