Author Topic: Not Cool!somebody Fucked Up Uac Last Night>>  (Read 7737 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Not Cool!somebody Fucked Up Uac Last Night>>
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2005, 12:26:57 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
The worst that could possibly come of it is that the court makes you pay for new mirrors, which you were about to sign yourself up for anyhow just because she told you to.  

they wouldn\'t even do that. you\'d owe for the judge\'s assessment of the depreciated value of the old mirrors, NOT for the cost of brand new mirrors.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2005, 12:33:59 pm »
your right dave-o, the cost of the mirrors would be at replacement cost of the mirrors at their current value, not new ones, good thinkin\' mang
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2005, 01:32:09 pm »
The 1 post I may have failed to see in this thread is that we know the band was supposed to lock up did they ? who was with them ? what time did they leave ? I haven\'t seen 1 post by anyone claiming to be the last ones out saying we locked up the place was sealed etc.

and there was no broken mirrors.

Waiting for a moment when a younger crowd would rent a hall and then sneaking back in the wee hours to smash 1 mirror not all of them for the purpose of getting new mirrors sounds a little farfetched to me.

Drunken tomfoolery seems to be the leading motive here IMHO
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2005, 01:39:40 pm »
I believe it was a couple of mirrors or so I thought.

However, the responsibilty of renting a hall has to end at some point.

So theoritically, if the band got out of there and locked up at 3, are they responsible from 3 to whenever the next person comes in?

Who says the mirrors where broken at night? There were a few people who got there cars the next day and didn\'t see no broken glass nor did they investigate the area either.

Drunkards are most likely but there is a huge grey area in this entire situation that we all continue to speculate on. We do need facts and that is all we can work with.

We know that the band were the last people to leave and that mirrors were broken sometime between when they left and when the dance lady arrived. Are there any other facts?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2005, 01:44:27 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
So theoritically, if the band got out of there and locked up at 3, are they responsible from 3 to whenever the next person comes in?

well, the band didn\'t rent the hall, so it was never their responsibility.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2005, 01:45:58 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

True.

My point was that they were the last to leave, which should have ended the responsibilty of the night there. So, when does it becomes UAC\'s repsonsibility or the next persons responsibility or is it still TerryOB\'s until the next morning.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2005, 01:48:47 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

True.

My point was that they were the last to leave, which should have ended the responsibilty of the night there. So, when does it becomes UAC\'s repsonsibility or the next persons responsibility or is it still TerryOB\'s until the next morning.

again, probably a question that the police or a judge could better answer; not a breakfast message board..

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2005, 01:53:10 pm »
but, there are non involved and I do understand your point.

I guess a better question for TerryOB would be, what is the rental agreement between UAC and himself. If he didn\'t have a written contract/reciept.agreement then a lot of this is going to be difficult for it to be decided outside of court or an arbitraitor.

TerryOB

• http://
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2005, 01:54:23 pm »
Bottom line is we need to know who was there last.  I can\'t get an answer out of the band or any of the fans as to who were the last people in the UAC.  There were a good 20-30 people still there when I hit the road.  

I did ask the band to "do a once over before they left" and they agreed.  However, in the end, I\'m still responsible for the UAC even though I had left.

Apparently when the first person got the UAC in the morning the doors were unlocked and open and the lights were still on.  So it could be that the band left while there were still people partying there and nobody ever locked the place up.  And those people might have trashed the mirrors.

I am at as much of a loss as the rest of you.  I can\'t seem to get any answers out of anyone.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2005, 01:57:48 pm »
if I learned one thing from mafia movies is, if no one talks, no one saw anything and you will never know.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2005, 02:17:07 pm »
You can\'t get a straight answer out of the band?  As in... they don\'t know, or they don\'t want to tell you?  

Someone on this board HAS to know who was there last.  Am I the only one who thinks it sounds like people might be trying to cover for someone?

In an earlier post someone (melanie maybe) said they couldn\'t accept that peope who were there at the end would do such a thing... who were these people who were there?
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

aJwvof

• http://
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2005, 03:08:56 pm »
lebowski is helping terry out this friday

http://www.thebreakfast.info/forum/showthread.php?t=5807

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2005, 07:14:27 pm »
Quote from: Marcial
Am I the only one who thinks it sounds like people might be trying to cover for someone?

I think it\'s equally if not more conceivable that the dance lady sent someone in to break the mirror so she could try to extort money out of Terry.  It almost worked too.  I bet she\'s got a closet full of those mirrors at home but needed some quick dough and waited until there was an event at the UAC to have someone break the mirror.

Nobody seems to have broken into the place, which means either that someone stayed after the show OR the place was locked and empty and someone who could let themselves in... let themselves in.  

Very fishy also that she never filed a police report, but rather immediately started screaming at Terry and the UAC guy to throw money at her.  Why is she 100% concerned about getting money in her pocket and 0% conerned about finding out how it happened and bringing the people who did it to justice?  Sounds like a big extortion racket to me.

It\'s also equally conceivable that someone broke it by accident when moving things around the closet and threw it outside, figuring it wouldn\'t turn into such a big deal.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2005, 07:22:27 pm »
dance lady=doucheragwhore
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2005, 07:47:26 pm »
:shrug:
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig