Author Topic: The State Of The Breakfast Address....(A Stephengenc\'s Perspective)  (Read 7597 times)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
The State Of The Breakfast Address....(A Stephengenc\'s Perspective)
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2005, 07:24:35 pm »
when was josh in charge?  when did he stop being in charge?  how many heads were on the .info then?  how many have come out of the woodwork since then?  just because it may seem better on a personal level, does that mean it was better for the band or their growth?  

i don\'t have the answer to any of those, just curious.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2005, 07:34:39 pm »
Quote from: leith
The amount of people that have heard of PB and now The Breakfast in this point of their career is way more than had heard of Phish @ the same point. So yeah The Breakfast are following that same path of developing a dedicated NE fanbase but my point is they DO NOT HAVE TO DO SO! They have a fanbase already spread all through the nation. They just have to tour and they will get crowds. It really is as simple as that.

:that:
Look how many users are on this .info website... almost NINE HUNDRED!!! While that is way more than I\'ve ever seen at the shows, knowing that TB has cause that many people to at least be interested in the band & to sign up on this board alone has really made me think about how much power we have as a fanbase... & the power this band must have to create that awe in such an extraordinary amount of users!  I truly think the major problem is this: We, as a fanbase, are doing our part to spread word of this band...
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2005, 09:28:41 pm »
^^HUH???  We are doing our part and that is the problem???  And if you mean that the fanbase isn\'t doing their part then you are FUCKING NUTZZZZZZZZZ!!!  I love these guys but if they aren\'t going to tour around the country what is the fanbase supposed to??  Is Spacey, who i know does ALOT, supposed to head out on a campaign trail to "Sread the word of the Breakfast"???  NOTHING good is going to happen on a large basis until the band starts touring and letting the rest of the country see them play music.period!  To think that the fanbase has ANYTHING to do with the Breakfast not being larger is GARBAGE; and I feel dumber even reading your post!

Excuse me I think I just vomitted in my mouth!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2005, 09:56:11 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
when was josh in charge?  when did he stop being in charge?  how many heads were on the .info then?  how many have come out of the woodwork since then?  just because it may seem better on a personal level, does that mean it was better for the band or their growth?  

i don\'t have the answer to any of those, just curious.

From my complete fan/friend perspective, meaning that I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, Josh left the band sometime in late 2003 or early 2004.  It was a sad day, but I think it was for the best, at that time.  And if he were to come back, I think it would be for the best, at the time.  Considering him and the band didn\'t let their separation hurt their friendship, seeing as they were all at his wedding this past weekend.  But who knows what will happen....  Time will tell, and boy is it a pretty exciting time to be a fan of this band....

Josh and .info are 2 separate things and really have no correlation other than his posting on the board.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2005, 10:11:20 pm »
Quote from: WALSH
^^HUH???  We are doing our part and that is the problem???  And if you mean that the fanbase isn\'t doing their part then you are FUCKING NUTZZZZZZZZZ!!!  I love these guys but if they aren\'t going to tour around the country what is the fanbase supposed to??  Is Spacey, who i know does ALOT, supposed to head out on a campaign trail to "Sread the word of the Breakfast"???  NOTHING good is going to happen on a large basis until the band starts touring and letting the rest of the country see them play music.period!  To think that the fanbase has ANYTHING to do with the Breakfast not being larger is GARBAGE; and I feel dumber even reading your post!

Excuse me I think I just vomitted in my mouth!

WOW!
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2005, 11:27:06 pm »
I think this band has mostly everything on target musically, now they need to start maturing into professional musicians...shitty vocals isn\'t exceptible anymore, not that i\'m saying their vocals are bad!  IMO.
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2005, 11:34:53 pm »
Quote from: Ant-Man
I think this band has mostly everything on target musically, now they need to start maturing into professional musicians...shitty vocals isn\'t exceptible anymore, not that i\'m saying their vocals are bad!  IMO.

so then what are you saying?
The vocals haven\'t been shitty for a long long time....before you had pubes
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

Spunk

• http://www.rezi.org
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2005, 12:01:22 am »
I havent read anything but steve\'s post

I think what is hindering them is $$$$ Cha Ching!!
Yea they make a good deal of money touring,
but a lot of the bands just above the breakfast have lots of $$ backing them

Particle..... apparently one of their parents bought their RV and trailer they tour in (Rich Kids)

I hear the same thing with Raq (same level as breakfast) someone is investing a lot of capital in these guys, as well as a very experienced manager, their guy (Brett) brought strangefolk from bars to clubs to theaters before they broke up. He has all the contacts he needs

Phish, i hate to break it to anyone but these kids has $$ too, 2 rich NJ kids, 1 rich MA kid, and 1 rich  Syracuse kid

etc...

lots of money and some marketing genius would help in "making the band"

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2005, 12:05:22 am »
I see your point spunkster....definitely a good one....but since they dont have $$$ backing them from a familial point....they have to find other means...

dawgmusic

• Are You Talking?
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2005, 12:10:16 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs
Look at these old timers trying to hijack this thread.....

Though Tim\'s busted SG is definitely applicable to the current state of the Breakfast...

I am wondering how he sounded with Adrian\'s Fender at Wormtown....  I didn\'t notice any posts about that in the Wormtown thread....  I do know that Adrians guitar is pretty fucking nasty....  So the questions of the next few shows will be....What guiatar will Timmy be playing?  Also, What will his newest "own" guitar be?

...problem being taken care of.....
After speaking with you, I\'ve realized how much dumber I\'ve become.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2005, 12:19:18 am »

You\'re kidding right? The vocals are passable now but they were absolutely atrocious  up to about the end of 2003 imo and the opinion of every person I tried to turn on to The Breakfast up to that time. They are getting better and will continue to do so w/ the type of songs they are writing now that call for more developed vocals.

I see your point spunkster....definitely a good one....but since they dont have $$$ backing them from a familial point....they have to find other means...

FUCK!!!!!!!!! That was the whole point of my Fund thread. Well at least I got you all talking. Sheesh!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spunk

• http://www.rezi.org
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2005, 12:25:09 am »
for instance  why is every Raq and particle move, tour, show, sit in, etc... announced on the daily jambands.com news, personally I think both of those bands are generic crap, I dont give a rats ass

I think other bands are affraid, seriously affraid. I think they know how good the breakfast is.  

The North East is retardedly competitive as well. If you go on someone elses message board and say "hey, the breakfast is playing come check it out" they reply with Fuck you, this band (whom ever message board it is) is the best band in the world and fuck the breakfasst sucks.... go to phantasy anything, Bisco radio, BP radio, Hyperfunkalicious.com (Raq, these guys are serious jokers, the band isnt just a bunch of Breakfast wannabee\'s but their fans are too, you know how we have teams, all of a sudden they have clans, I am a lurker over there, but anyway they just started covering Message in a Bottle and they sadly hack Echinda\'s Arf, and their guitarist suddenly plays telecasters, I hate Raq) Enough of that rant
the northeast sucks when it comes to who everyones favorite band is, people get stuck in a rut and dont want to give other shit a chance. I dont disclose myself to the breakfast, I go see these bands dont get me wrong, AGP (zzzzzzz) Raq  (cheeseball) particle(trustfund, need i say more) Brothers past (dtssdtsssdtss), I give them a chance but none of them are mind blowing, the breakfast is mindblowing, I get so pissed when I see people dissing them. Then they say their vocals suck, thats a load of horse shit because they are doing harder harmonies then any band out there, they go beyond the simple triads, they\'re cool jazzy chords. The simple minds just dont get it. I just went on another rant

leith  FUCK!!!!!!!!! That was the whole point of my Fund thread. Well at least I got you all talking. Sheesh!

yeah but its not $5 from each of us, its someone investing big bucks in terms of marketing and promotion, grassroots is cool, but it only goes as far as like your home town and like 10 or 12 other markets where someone happened to tell their entire town..... like I did with Oneonta aka team red bull, I enlightened them all.  after that its serious marketing and promotion that costs SER $$$

oh yeah, come to the show early on friday and check out my band Rezi
or whatevers left of it, it is  unfortunately our last show for good,  with guest keyboardist jeremy wall
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 12:31:49 am by Spunk »

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2005, 01:04:24 am »
Quote from: leith

You\'re kidding right? The vocals are passable now but they were absolutely atrocious  up to about the end of 2003 imo and the opinion of every person I tried to turn on to The Breakfast up to that time. They are getting better and will continue to do so w/ the type of songs they are writing now that call for more developed vocals.

FUCK!!!!!!!!! That was the whole point of my Fund thread. Well at least I got you all talking. Sheesh!

passable????  This is how I see it....  In the begninng, Jordan was the best singer in the group.  His raspy bluesy howl can and has brought tears to my eyes.  Then Ronnie developed his vocals.  I am not sure on when I realized this but I am pretty sure it was sometime in 2002, probably soon after the grand band slam.  Next was Timmy.  Vocal coaching, Ian Schumacher, and practice have turned Timmy into a pretty darn good - dare I say great - singer....And I don\'t know but hearing Adrian sing the VT song at SBC in milford, made me realize that now the enitre band knows how to sing, and you can tell in their harmonies.  Leith, I know that you are less biased then me but I think passable is not giving them enough credit for how far they have come.......

As for the money thing....Those bands had money in their families not phamilies.  Rich parents.  Rich Friends. SER Money.  From what I have seen at breakfast shows, there are no rich trustfund kids here with hundreds of thousands of dollars to throw around at their disposal....

On a sidenote referring to the derailment (and probable closing) of this thread.  I would like to congratulate Wolfy for saying what some of us have only been thinking....that takes some balls my man and I commend you....

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2005, 01:16:09 am »
I\'m not trying to start a petty argument with you Steve, but I think Tim was singing better than Ron a few years back.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2005, 01:22:01 am »
no argument Al.....
I just know what I remember and am sure there are examples that can be sited where your point is valid....

not saying that your point isn\'t valid....but you know what i mean....right?