Author Topic: Vote For Change Tour  (Read 2891 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Vote For Change Tour
« on: October 15, 2004, 08:07:05 am »
Vote For Change – Meadowlands, NJ 10/13/04

Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band

Main Set
Star Spangled Banner*, Born In The USA, Badlands, Lonesome Day, No Surrender**, Darkness On The Edge of Town**, Betterman**#, Johnny 99, Centerfield***, Dejavu All Over Again***, Fortunate Son, The Promised Land***, The Rising,      Racing In The Street^, Mary’s Place, Born To Run

Encore
Proud Mary***, Bad Moon Rising***, Traveling Band***, What’s S0 Funny About Peace Love & Understanding^^, The People Have The Power^^

*    Solo Acoustic - Instrumental
**    Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band With Eddie Vedder
#   First Time Played
***   Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band With John Fogarty
^   Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band With Jackson Browne
^^   Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band With Everyone

First off I know that some of you hate Bruce and I know that some of you are sick of me posting.  For those of you that fall into this category, you don’t have to continue reading.  I’m mainly posting this because there are some people on the site that like Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder appearances will fall into the category of interest for those people.  Now onto the show.

Star Spangled Banner – It’s definitely an interesting piece when played on a 12 string acoustic with no accompanying music.  Not as powerful as some of the other versions on this tour, but he’s the Boss, what more can you ask for.

Born In The USA – Fairly standard version.

Badlands – A fan favorite usually saved to be included in the encores

Lonesome Day – You knew that he was going to play some songs off of the rising, but it was enjoyable none the less.

No Surrender – When Bruce introduced Eddie is sounded like he said Danny Merryweather, but it was plainly Eddie.  There was an instant connection between Bruce and Eddie and no one could deny it.  After the end of the song, the cheers for Eddie were louder than the ones for Bruce; I’ve never seen that before.

Darkness On The Edge Of Town – More Eddie

Betterman- Eddie comments that Bruce asked him to play it.  They trade verses and Bruce really tries to hard to fit the mold of the way Eddie sings it and falls short.

Johnny 99 – This was played in the country style that was introduced during the Shea Stadium Shows.  I’d prefer the raw acoustic version that can be found on the Nebraska albmum.

Centerfield – This is a really cool song.  Fogarty came out with the baseball bat guitar and was calling the shots on stage like it was his show.  

Dejavu All Over Again – A really cool tune.  It’s like a Who’ll Stop The Rain of the 21st century, seeing that both are protest songs about wars we should never have involved ourselves in.

Fortunate Son – I was hoping that Eddie would come out and join Bruce and John, but no such luck.

The Promised Land – Cool to hear Fogarty sing a Bruce tune

The Rising – See Lonesome Day

Racing In The Street – A great song that Jackson Browne almost botched.  He was so busy reading off the teleprompter that he almost lost the melody.

Mary’s Place – This was really cool! Bruce performed a political exorcism and converted a Replicant to a facist.

Born To Run – Nothing more needs to be said.

Proud Mary, Bad Moon Rising & Traveling Band – More John Fogarty.  This man impressed me.  I hope he does a solo tour.

What’s So Funny About Peace Love & Understanding & The People Have The Power – In my opinion, collaborative efforts of so many musicians falls into 2 categories, it works or it doesn’t work.  This worked.

All in all, this was a really cool show.  It didn’t get too political, but Bruce did make his mini speech.  But I agreed so it went quick for me.  That was more than I can say for the row of pricks behind up that yelled four more years in between each show.  Now, you’re at a show title the Vote For Change, couldn’t these guys find a more constructive and effective way to get their message across to people that might be interested in their way of through.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 11:24:24 am »
when I heard about this show last night the first throught was "man, hope db was there - springsteen and veder on stage at once, he must have gone nuts."
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 11:44:18 am »
rydb,you outta retirement again of what????good to see your still alive and kickin though....
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 01:06:42 am »
i absolutely do not enjoy any single Springsteen song.  I really think he\'s terrible.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 01:07:48 am »
I vote for a Springsteen retirement.  Now that seems like a great vote for change!

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 02:13:37 am »
Bruce Springsteen has been a shining light in American Music for as long as I can remember. His songs tell the story of an America that was once a beacon of light for the world and how far we have fallen from that peak. He writes what the everyday man/woman thinks and gives voice to those that otherwise would be overlooked.
 I hope THE BOSS stays around for a long time to come.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 03:32:49 am »
We haven\'t fallen.  This is the best country!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 03:35:35 am »
I will never underatand how Springsteen\'s garbage songs became so popular.  

Hail Breakfast!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 06:27:26 am »
hey al, do you like rage against the machine\'s \'ghost of tom joad\'? thats a cover of springsteen frm the nebraska album.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2004, 09:13:58 am »
Paul,
Great comment, but The Ghost of Tom Joad was the title track of the 1995 or 1996 release, The Ghost of Tom Joad.  It was another solo acoustic album like Nebraska, not nearly as powerful as Nebraska in my opinion.

Not everyone likes Springsteen.  That\'s understandable seeing that Bruce hit mega stardom in the 80\'s with Born in the USA, a fairly commercial album.  And if you don\'t like people that are commercial, that would have totally turned you off.  But his earlier albums were far from commercial.  Actually, his first two albums were shunned because most of the songs were deemed too long.  But what has propelled him to the popularity that he is at now is his live shows.  I have seen a lot of different shows, and there is nothing like a Bruce show.  But I don\'t want to be too preachy
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 04:23:24 pm »
DeBlock, you crack me up.....

57 channels and nothing on is a great song
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 04:46:02 pm »
how\'s he lookin after his Botox injections?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 04:49:05 pm by DocEllis70 »
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Re: Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 06:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Yoda
Vote For Change – Meadowlands, NJ 10/13/04

– More John Fogarty.  This man impressed me.  I hope he does a solo tour.

Here ya go....
http://www.johnfogerty.com/tour.php
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2004, 07:39:32 pm »
Originally posted by leith
Bruce Springsteen has been a shining light in American Music for as long as I can remember. His songs tell the story of an America that was once a beacon of light for the world and how far we have fallen from that peak. He writes what the everyday man/woman thinks and gives voice to those that otherwise would be overlooked.
 I hope THE BOSS stays around for a long time to come.

i\'m with you on this one....long live the boss

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
Re: Re: Vote For Change Tour
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2004, 07:40:14 pm »
Originally posted by leith

Here ya go....
http://www.johnfogerty.com/tour.php

he\'s playing the beacon in november ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 07:42:24 pm by oldnewbie »