Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-10-27 - 9th Fonghoulish Freakout:Higher Ground; So. Burlington, VT  (Read 37842 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Setlist: 2007-10-27 - Higher Ground Showcase Lounge; South Burlington, VT
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2007, 08:26:57 pm »
Quote from: boombox;166368
Quote from: ds673488;166367
we need the audio!!!

i have a 2 and a half hour drive to a wake tomorrow morning I need this show for the drive to cheer me up!!!

Ah well, too late for me. Had hoped this would be up for me to listen to in the two and a half hour drive back home tomorrow night after going to see Rick Wakeman in concert (where I will be sporting my new Breakfast tee). Still, the best things come to he who waits...

Quote from: galenas;166361
every year i miss a freakout, i promise myself that i\'ll never miss one again. somebody - for the love of god - make me keep this pledge next year. i never learn. never.

I keep saying the same thing! Ya never know - boombox at 10th FF? Might be a possibility if I don\'t do any other gigs next year.

Worth every penny that people save up plenty and maybe spend it once a year.

Quote from: FreeSpirit;166370
We listened to it on the way home from VT yesterday (thanks, fitzy) ... it was :drool:  I can\'t wait to listen to it 100 more times!!!

Bastard! Come on now Robyn.... (yesssss, love being able to actually use a real name..)

Seriously though, let\'s get this show uploaded.

Also, I brought it up before, but I would really love a poster from the show if any are left. I totally dropped the ball on that and am regretting it big time. Help!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:26:57 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2007, 08:32:01 pm »
Quote from: boombox;166368

I keep saying the same thing! Ya never know - boombox at 10th FF? Might be a possibility if I don\'t do any other gigs next year.

The weakening dollar would have been helpful for travel to the States this year.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2007, 08:34:26 pm »
here\'s the deal..

my aud recording has been up on archive since this morning, but i haven\'t made it available yet.

since this is probably going to be an extremely heavily downloaded show, i wanted to put the matrix up. so i mixed down the matrix today, while i was waiting to get permission to upload it (which i got).

it\'s bouncing right now. in the morning, the matrix will be up on archive. :)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2007, 08:39:09 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;166381
here\'s the deal..

my aud recording has been up on archive since this morning, but i haven\'t made it available yet.

since this is probably going to be an extremely heavily downloaded show, i wanted to put the matrix up. so i mixed down the matrix today, while i was waiting to get permission to upload it (which i got).

what exactly is "the matrix"?  

thanks dave!

also, i have to leave at 8am for my trip, PLEASE PLEASE have it up by then if possible!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:39:09 pm by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2007, 08:39:32 pm »
Thanks Dave, I\'m going to sleep right now then.

:hehehe: :shh: :zzz:

:banhair:

Oh my God, leith how\'d you get in my post?!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2007, 08:43:31 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;166382
here\'s the deal..

what exactly is "the matrix"?  

thanks dave!

also, i have to leave at 8am for my trip, PLEASE PLEASE have it up by then if possible!

not possible, unfortunately. sorry.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2007, 08:49:22 pm »
here\'s the deal..

Thanks Dave, you are the man per usual. I can\'t wait to listen to this show again!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2007, 08:52:49 pm »
Sweeeet... Matrix!!!

I also spaced out on getting my hettie poster. Who wants to sell me one?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2007, 09:12:37 pm »
whoo hoo!!!! i KNEW you were getting a matrix together!!!

as always, thanks brother dave!!!

JaimeBisbee

• Jaime Bisbee
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2007, 09:23:03 pm »
i can\'t even explain how incredible this night was.  favorite part = standing next to the breakfast and mike gordon as they prepared to take the stage together.  Unforgettable run this weekend - i\'m so glad i was able to fly all the way back over here last week.  AMAZING.
"Ancora Imparo"

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2007, 09:26:55 pm »
matrix meaning audience and sbd audio matrix or audio and video matrix?

gordo were u dressed up? I wanted to meet you.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 09:28:30 pm by Klout »

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2007, 09:35:07 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;166376
Also, I brought it up before, but I would really love a poster from the show if any are left. I totally dropped the ball on that and am regretting it big time. Help!

All 30 were sold when I left, though the artist (Jon Warner) might have a few more... it\'d be worth checking out... it might be up on one of the following sites:

J-Dub AllStars
Evan\'s Ink
Jon\'s Myspace Page
GigPosters.com

edit:  just found it here:  GigPosters.com

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 09:36:50 pm by FreeSpirit »
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2007, 09:53:36 pm »
was it a good night for the band at the merch table robyn?

cheezenug

« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2007, 10:00:57 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;166356
cheesenug, where in albany do you live?  im from guilderland, and go to SUNY albany
I live in Delmar and i also go to UAlbany.  We could hook up and do some bowls n\' beers if ya like.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2007, 10:01:33 pm »
Quote from: psychjosh;166204
So the news blip will go to jambands.com maybe someone wants to write a review for Jambase???

Done and done.  I brought the A game for that review.  I think it will get published.  I will not post it here right now because they want exclusive material, so if it\'s not up in a week or two I\'ll post that review here for Breakfast fans.  Until then, here\'s my more informal, personal take on the matter :)

BEST FUCKING SHOW EVER!!!!

Hehehehe.  Well, in the words of The Late and Great, "That\'s debatable", but the terms "Instant Classic" and "Automatic Top-10" are very safe descriptors, as are all of the other big words and positive superlatives that have been thrown around this thread such as "nailed", "crucial moment", "unbelievable" etc.  Lawn Boy met and exceeded all expectations I ever had, and my expectations were pretty high.  Here\'s what I posted on these pages back on September 22nd:
Personally, I would lose my #&^$ if The Breakfast covered a Phish album and would love every second of it. In fact, it would make a serious run at being the greatest 90 minute stretch of my life. And any good fan of The Breakfast or Phish would feel the same.

It worked out even better than that.  I think I hugged damn near everyone in the room during Squirming Coil.  Definitely everyone I knew, anyways.  My hands were on my head in legit shock and awe in the rare moments when they weren\'t hugging someone.  When I fully grasped what was to come, i.e. Reba, SOAM, Gin, and Antelope, I screamed "YES! YES! GO GET \'EM BREAKFAST!" so hard that it made my throat hurt for the rest of the night.  Each one of those tunes was better than the one before, they just kept getting more and more into it.  Heck, we were even RAGING to My Sweet One for crying out loud!  Nothing against My Sweet One, but nobody ever rocked as hard to that song at a Phish show as we did Saturday night.  Nobody could stop dancing even during setbreak, I remember big groups getting down to Funkadelic, Thriller, and The Message and several "Best setbreak ever" comments.  What a party.  

The Gordon sit-in was great, and in classic Phish style, it was treated with a level of zaniness to relieve the pressure of the moment.  That ludicrous performance of I Will Survive was undoubtedly the most uninhibited moment I have ever seen from The Breakfast while onstage.  It has to be seen to be believed.  Finally, I loved the 5-song double-encore.  I\'m pretty sure this was my first double-encore since my first show.  The crowd was INSANE after the set and the first encore, and got everything they wanted after the 4-song second encore.  It left everyone feeling really good and satisfied, not that uncomfortable semi-letdown when the lights come on after a 1-song encore and the place is begging for more.  I know some people weren\'t totally happy with Honey Butter being played for the third time in three nights, but I didn\'t care at all.  To be fair though, I understand that view of it and I might have been in the same boat were I not a sucker for Honey Butter.  

Anyways, I was really glad that they ended 20 minutes before curfew so everyone could hang out together in the room for a while.  I really needed that time to decompress from what had happened and to just be in love with everyone in the room.  I will never forget this show.  

Finally, the potential positive aftershocks and ramifications of this show are very real and I\'m eager to see what comes of it.  To quote myself again from last month,
The key word in Breakfast marketing needs to be DIFFERENTIATION ... the band has never really had any PR whatsoever.
 Well, here\'s a colossal dose of PR and differentiation.  Nobody else has pulled off a feat quite like this...covering a Phish album in Burlington with Mike Gordon watching.  It\'s free stories like this that can take The Breakfast to the next level.  Of course, I also posted somewhere that the backlash from idiotic "fans" hating on bands for covering Phish could be equal to the positive reaction, but right now I don\'t believe that anymore.  I hadn\'t considered the possibility of an actual member of Phish sitting there and enjoying the whole thing, putting the ophishial stamp of approval on every moment.  That\'s what Mike\'s presence brought to the table...a validation for the outside world that this was indeed legit, worthy, and even downright badass.  Now that I\'m on the other side looking back at it, it was so incredible and well executed and openly blessed by Mike Gordon that there\'s no way any sensible music fan could take this moment down.  It\'s all good.  May the after effects of this moment spread far and wide for The Breakfast.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:08:19 pm by Wolfman »