Author Topic: Phish rumors. I believe...  (Read 4660 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Phish rumors. I believe...
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2005, 02:52:26 pm »
Quote from: TerryOB
Trey will be playing MSG on NYE this year

is this fact or fiction?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

TerryOB

• http://
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2005, 03:01:09 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Quote from: TerryOB
Trey will be playing MSG on NYE this year

is this fact or fiction?

fact

an announcement will be made later today

my morning jacket had to back out so Trey took their spot

line up looks like this:

North Mississippi Allstars

Trey

Black Crowes

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2005, 03:03:10 pm »
no shit.

hmm...
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

RobdogUk

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2005, 08:30:33 am »
Quote from: boombox
I have to admit that I would be first in line of they played over here - but then again, I never got the chance to see them. From recordings I have, they were never as good post hiatus, but I\'d take that chance.

Hey there, haven\'t seen you around lately. Hope everything\'s ok with you. I tend to lurk most days than post myself as it is but I hope you\'re well.

Anyway...

I for one woud love to see it happen and I will be on a plane to see them play if it does happen. HOWEVER..... I\'m not gonna get my hopes up.
If they do come back or even if they are just thinking about it I have my theories as to why they might want to do it so soon after the break-up.

I always thought that, although I have only seen two shows (or do you count coventry as two seperate shows?) in which in case it would be three, that the split was a little out of the blue and somewhat a knee jerk reaction to the fact that the post hiatus shows were not going as smoothly as they had hoped. There are several reasons for that which have been discussed at great length so I won\'t go into them again. Maybe they felt that it was the only way to clear their heads and that another hiatus wouldn\'t do it. Maybe they began to feel the hiatus should have lasted longer...who knows for sure?

But if the decision is made to come back I can\'t help but feel that they\'ve realised their problems did not lie with the band itself and everything that goes along with that and their personal problems, whatever they may be, could not be solved by splitting up. It may have only been a year but it\'s long enough for some serious introspection. It could be simply that they\'ve solved their problems and have come to the realisation that they might have made a mistake. They are only human after all.

I totally respect the opinions of the older Phish fan who has seen first hand how the scene has changed. I\'m completely disconnected from it over here but these were just my first poderings when I heard about the rumours.
I only wonder how many people would be calling for Phish to quit if they had not split last year. If they return then not only will I be there (girlfriend in tow. She has been warned) but I\'ll applaud what would no doubt be a very brave and risky decision for them to make. I\'m not at all of the belief that this  would purely be a monetary decision because I believe they are better than that. Even if some members were having financial difficulties I don\'t think for a second they would sully their own and everyone elses memory by plundering their music for financial gain. Touring, playing, \'practicing\'...ahem....would ultimately stress things out further for themselves.
Call me nieve if you will but I don\'t believe it. If I\'m wrong and they were to come back for these reasons then they would still be plaugued by the same problems they claimed they needed to split for.

bonzo

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2005, 03:59:01 am »
it will be alsome if phish gets back together

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2005, 08:22:15 am »
people think too much about the politics that surround music.  If it contributes to great music coming out of your speakers, then don\'t think twice cause it\'s alright

RobdogUk

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2005, 12:39:06 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
people think too much about the politics that surround music.  If it contributes to great music coming out of your speakers, then don\'t think twice cause it\'s alright

Seconded