Author Topic: Phish rumors. I believe...  (Read 4638 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Phish rumors. I believe...
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2005, 08:43:19 am »
MRFMTD

Maybe Rich Farts More Than Dave...

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2005, 08:44:41 am »
Quote from: davepeck
MRFMTD

not likely..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2005, 08:49:11 am »
was wondering who was gonna be the one to call me out on that...

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2005, 09:46:53 am »
It\'s not like Phish is going to come back and play like they did in the 90\'s. They are going to come back and play all the songs that never made it in before they split and on top of that, they will probably play songs that Trey has written for the other band.

I think there is a potion of "fans" who have never seen a show or saw a few shows after the hiatius and crave for the band to come back because they never had the opportunity to see the band.

Phish isn\'t going to comeback the same.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 10:46:03 am »
Quote from: Spacey
I think there is a potion of "fans"

Somebody has been watching too much Harry Potter.

MRFMTD = My Real Friends Might Totally Disagree
or My Roommate Feels My Testicles Daily

MRFM2D = PT jargon

If they come back I will go watch. I won\'t expect greatness but I do know I will have a good time. It is hard not to enjoy yourself at a Phish show.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 11:19:10 am »
Quote from: obsession600
Quote from: Spacey
I think there is a potion of "fans"

Somebody has been watching too much Harry Potter.

:lol:

I wouldn\'t waste my time with that movie. Just not my cup of tea.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 11:50:08 am »
WHEN they come back i won\'t expect greatness, but i will witness it... they are obviously coming back because they never played the connection live, duh...

if you don\'t want to see them great, easier to get tickets...and

More Room For Me To Dance

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 12:48:33 pm »
It is hard not to enjoy yourself at a Phish show.

unless you\'re listening to trey...

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2005, 12:54:56 pm »
As big a Phish fan as I was/am, I\'m not sure how excited I\'d be about the next round of Phish shows.  I find it interesting asking myself how much I would be into it at this point.  I know they\'ll never be as good as they were when I started seeing them or as good as they were on all the live recordings I listen to.  Tickets will be 3-5X face value again.  Half the show will be Trey\'s new pretty little dittys with a few legitimate Phish tunes mixed in, just like Summer \'04.  The whole scene will be 16-22 year-olds who got too little, too late and are just trying to get a taste of The Great Phish Phenomenon.  There\'s nothing wrong with these people and I don\'t blame them one bit for being so eager to get back into it.  I\'d be desperate too if I were this big a fan and had only seen 15 or fewer shows.  However, I feel that the audience\'s motivations are rooted in desperation, which ultimately leads to stress and even hostility.  Couple that with the band\'s questionable motivations and it all leads up to some very suspect shows.

I would almost certainly hit up "mail-order" and Ticketmaster on-sale for shows in my area, but as soon as I got shut out of those (which is a certainty this point) I would not go hitting up websites for $150 tickets.  I think I may be satisfied to simply consider myself lucky to have seen the shows I did.  I don\'t need anymore.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 01:18:18 pm by Wolfman »

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2005, 01:30:57 pm »
I have to admit that I would be first in line of they played over here - but then again, I never got the chance to see them. From recordings I have, they were never as good post hiatus, but I\'d take that chance.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2005, 01:35:54 pm »
i only saw them post hiatus... though i have lots of tapes...there are certain things i feel that if it was better than that before hiatus i feel screwed, but 2.28.03 tweexer 7.31.03 hood, IT, 12/2/03 (Rock and Roll>Weekapaug>Tweeprise>Frank>Kung>Stien)

man, please come back

oh and 12 shows so wolfman i am in your brakcet of <15, but i\'m 23, not 22

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2005, 01:39:06 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
Quote from: davepeck
MRFMTD

not likely..
It\'s not the quantity, it\'s the quality!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2005, 01:48:14 pm »
I can\'t wait for when Phish comes back and opens with a 20-minute version of Hotel California

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2005, 04:25:14 pm »
Quote from: RadicalRich1138

Well, you get the idea.  The age and number of shows seen for the desperate fans is not in itself important, I just think that the vast majority of desperate fans happen to fall between ages 16 and 22 and have seen less than 15 shows.  What\'s important is the extent of their desperation.  This desperation will once again lead to absurd ticket prices, overcrowding, general hostility, and too many people around who are more concerned with what it\'s like to live on the road doing drugs than listening to music.  Knowing that the band will not be as good as they were, I\'m not sure I\'m ready to put up with all of this again.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2005, 04:42:06 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
Quote from: RadicalRich1138

Well, you get the idea.  The age and number of shows seen for the desperate fans is not in itself important, I just think that the vast majority of desperate fans happen to fall between ages 16 and 22 and have seen less than 15 shows.  What\'s important is the extent of their desperation.  This desperation will once again lead to absurd ticket prices, overcrowding, general hostility, and too many people around who are more concerned with what it\'s like to live on the road doing drugs than listening to music.  Knowing that the band will not be as good as they were, I\'m not sure I\'m ready to put up with all of this again.

well said
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies