Author Topic: AWESOMETOWN; Morrisville, PA  (Read 1389 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
AWESOMETOWN; Morrisville, PA
« on: April 29, 2009, 09:23:48 pm »
Awesometown: The Second Frame
Snipes Farm and Golf
890 West Bridge Street
Morrisville, PA 19067
info@awesometownfest.com

$50 / $65 DOS
Buy Tickets

5pm Acoustic set and  All star electric jam with Allen Aucoin (Disco Biscuits), Matthew McDonald, and Aaron Goldberg!

Also playing: Give Us the Money Lebowski, DrFameus, The Brew, SeepeopleS w/ Matt McDonald, The Heavy Pets, Lo Faber Band, Nate Wilson Group, The Indobox, Wyllys, Seepeoples w/ Matt McDonald, The Macpodz, Cliffsidepush, BuzzUniverse, Thing-One, Quest Theory, My Friend Ben, E-Boro Bandits, Baby Brotha and the Long Hairs, Sapienwalking, DJ Drizno, John Huss, Aaron Goldberg

[MAP]

"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:57:58 am »
won\'t you take me to [-]funkytown[/-] awesometown
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:32:43 am »
thank you for finally posting this date. im very excited to be helping host this event.  last year was a blast and this \\year is that much better. the superjam is not to be missed!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:21:27 am »
hope this shit is taped
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

wiredchicken

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:42:40 am »
im sure this will get taped. have no fear!

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 01:02:20 pm »
just out of curiosity, anyone know why this is a timmy tour gig and not a breakfast show? i mean, i\'m glad tim gets the gig, but i\'d think a set of bfast and a tim set would have worked, too.

is it conflicting schedules or something, i imagine?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 04:42:36 pm »
Check out the Lo Faber Band-top notch!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 04:59:55 pm »
Quote from: Mark;229282
Check out the Lo Faber Band-top notch!

GSW represent!
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

wiredchicken

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 08:41:54 am »
anyone know why this is a timmy tour gig and not a breakfast show? i mean, i\'m glad tim gets the gig, but i\'d think a set of bfast and a tim set would have worked, too.

the breakfast played last year. they didnt want any repeats other than allen and the host band....which i can agree with eventhough i was pushing for teh breakfast. im good with timmy solo then supergroup set...

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 10:22:16 am »
weird concept for a fest, but ok. cool that tim got to go back, at least.

wiredchicken

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 11:50:11 am »
cant please everyone. this fest is gonna be a ton of fun. no bout a doubt it

wiredchicken

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 01:02:05 pm »
speaking of GSW and Lo Faber band....here an interview from today i think...

This weekend at the Awesometown Festival in Morrisville, PA, founding GSW member Lo Faber returns to the stage for a set with his solo band on Saturday at 3:45PM. We recently spoke with Lo about what his fans can expect from the Lo Faber Band performance and here’s what he had to say…

Hidden Track: It’s been a while since the last Lo Faber Band gig, why did you decide to get the band together for this show?

Lo Faber: First of all to be clear, the players in this band aren’t the same folks from the last incarnation of the LFB - they’re the best of a bunch of folks I’ve been playing with locally for the last couple years since living in Princeton. While focused on my PhD I’ve played an occasional bar date, covers mostly, just for fun, and an occasional GSW tune… now since I’m gonna be moving to New Orleans for the next year to do full-time dissertation research, we figured it’d be fun to play as much as possible before I leave — including one or two dates actually focused on my own stuff — hence the Awesometown gig. READ ON to find out what Lo plans to play at Awesometown…

HT: Can you discuss what material you’ll be playing during your set at Awesometown?

LF: I think mostly GSW stuff — rearranged a little perhaps, as is my habit — probably a couple covers thrown in too (it’s just a 4-piece, gtr-bass-keys-drums, and we have limited rehearsal time, so the craziness of the Henry’s House/Friday Night Freakshow stuff probably is out of the question).

HT: How have the rehearsals been going in preparation for your set?

LF: Rehearsals? What rehearsals? Well, but seriously I play semi-regularly with these dudes, so although some of the tunes are new to them, we’re used to jamming together.

We’ll have much more with Lo over the next few weeks, but we just wanted Winos to get a feel for what they can expect at Awesometown. Tickets for this two day event (Friday and Saturday) will be available at the gate for $65 starting Friday and the organizers have just announced that Saturday only passes will be available for $40. Other HT favorites performing at Awesometown include Give Us The Money Lebowski, The Brew, The Heavy Pets and three sets from our boy Wyllys. Don’t miss it.

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 02:41:06 pm »
i am thinking about hitting this up...

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 09:53:38 am »
If Tim plays at Awesometown, and nobody from dotinfo is around to hear it, what does it sound like? Any reports?
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 10:57:36 am »
from PT:

sir psycho sexy ecore was ( o Y o )
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor