Author Topic: Acoustic Cafe; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 2044 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Acoustic Cafe; Bridgeport, CT
« on: April 05, 2009, 07:35:13 pm »
Acoustic Cafe
2926 Fairfield Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06605
203-335-3655

21+ / $5

8pm

Also with
Darian Cunning
Johnny Durkin and Friends feat. Cyrus Madan and Rob Somerville of Deep Banana Blackout

This is a benefit to raise money for The CF Foundation (Cystic Fibrosis)

[MAP]

"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 07:38:12 pm »
so who from the breakfast is playing this gig?

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 07:50:28 pm »
Side Project: Tim Palmieri Solo Acoustic
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 10:57:42 pm »
wow a cystic fibrosis benefit eh? thats pretty sweet, its nice to see profits going to a cause for a change.... any particular reason for cystic fibrosis? someone know some who has it?
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

LBoogie

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 12:46:30 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;225779
wow a cystic fibrosis benefit eh? thats pretty sweet, its nice to see profits going to a cause for a change.... any particular reason for cystic fibrosis? someone know some who has it?

my nephew.  it\'s been a real struggle thus far and he\'s only 8 years old.  most adorable and spirited kid i\'ve ever known.  the foundation has done alot for my family over the years, so i try to get involved in something like this every year.  there is a walk we do as well called "great strides" taking place 2 days after the benefit in norwalk/wilton area if you or anyone else is interested :)  it would mean the world to me!  this year has been a tough one for donations since the economy blows, so here we are.  amazing people banding together for an amazing cause and some amazing music to boot.  may is also cystic fibrosis awareness month.  i\'ll post some links soon with some more info about the event itself:)  i\'m also picking up the flyers this week if anyone out there would like to help spread the word.  lets pack this one and actively take part in finding a cure!!!!!!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 08:37:02 am »
Definitely try and hit this one up people.  Supporting a cure for CF is the right thing to do... I grew up with a guy who both he and his brother had it.  His brother passed away when he was around 18 and my friend had a double lung replacement a couple years back... Get behind this cause...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

LBoogie

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 09:33:42 pm »
ok fellow dot infoers...show some love (if you could) to the facebook event page, and INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TOO :)  It would be much appreciated!!  And anyone interested in signing up for the walk can contact me, or sign up the night of the show...we\'ll have a booth set up with all the info....thanks again  :)

check out the event here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=91491062787&ref=nf

LBoogie

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 01:00:10 am »
http://www.youtube.com/v/hq-z_ucReYI&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/hq-z_ucReYI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

if i can\'t convince you maybe one of my heroes can:)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 01:00:10 am by LBoogie »

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 09:24:45 pm »
can\'t wait for this, lauren. what\'s the format gonna be for the night? just wondering...

LBoogie

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 12:41:07 am »
Quote from: galenas;230190
can\'t wait for this, lauren. what\'s the format gonna be for the night? just wondering...

tims on at 8, then darian, then johnny and fam :)  theres another solo artist coming through from cali thats playing 15 minute sets in between all of them, and the possibility of a massive blackrock jam to end the night.  but knowing my boys that "possible" will happen :)  there\'s also going to be a signup sheet and table with info on the disease/local walks that you can join.....and possibly food.....as in free food.....which will probably go quickly....lol.  doors are at 7 and we\'ll (b~rock kids) all be there at 3 or 4 to set up/decorate....anyone is welcome to help out if you wanna hang with some cool cats and/or pregame....it\'s going to be an amazing event....i look forward to raising some ser. money for these guys.  they\'re responsible for my nephew still being here today.  can\'t wait to see you di!!!!  and i hope to see many more of your faces as well!!!!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 07:24:40 am »
Good luck raising money for this cause. Wish the best turnout for you.

I am unable to make it do to some serious prior engagement.

Enjoy yourselves.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

LBoogie

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 12:34:32 pm »
thanks spaceman...sorry u can\'t make it :(

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 10:28:09 am »
sounds great, girl. heading up straight from work, so see u around 8.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 10:57:41 am »
Quote from: galenas;230374

are you coming through Port Chester?
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 11:36:18 am »
Quote from: NickNels;230378
Quote from: galenas;230374

are you coming through Port Chester?

not "through" PC but if you want to meet me somewhere convenient off the highway i\'d love to have you jump in. but just fyi, not sure if i\'ll be able to hang all the way til the end of the night. tba on that. text me, k? prob wont be on here much today.