Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-03-14 - The Warehouse; Hartford, CT  (Read 39196 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Setlist: 2009-03-14 - The Warehouse; Hartford, CT
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 02:43:03 am »
wait til you hear this set leith it\'s wicked
*Gia*

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 02:53:02 am »
Yeah from what I heard over the phone(from Slipknot! on) it was ser as fuck.
Gencs called me at 3 my time to let me know that the Beef >2001>Barley was just stupid.
I just don\'t want to get my hopes up that I\'ll hear it anytime soon.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2009, 07:55:09 am »
Quote from: bezerker;223141
long trail is not piss water

that night it was, it tasted like crap (and I love a good long trail). seemed like they got a bad batch or something
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2009, 09:48:21 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;223154
I\'ll be honest, I wasn\'t that impressed with the venue.

Yeah, it feels weird there if there aren\'t a lot of people.  I\'ve only been there twice (and both times maybe I wasn\'t in the most going-out of moods) but it has a bit of an odd/anxious vibe.  
The band sounded incredible though, per ujjj.  Looking forward to listening again if any of the recordings came out.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2009, 10:16:43 am »
Musically the band brought there A game. Tight and really motivated playing. They played with purpose and hung onto it all night. The Beef>2001>Barley was the highlight. The 2001 was spectacular. The Mooboo\'s was a great ending at 2:07 a.m. and it makes sense after reading Duane\'s post why they were able to play an encore.

The venue had good sound and a great light system. The place reeked like urine and stale beer. Threw up walking into the bathroom. Beer selection was piss poor. Few minor changes and that place is a great venue.

Breakfast should have never played there. Without a solid street team and some sacrifices be the fans and the band to do promotion or create some kind of buzz. They will never grow the fanbase. The more people hear the name and see the name around town the more common they become. Companies don\'t spend millions on advertisement only to piss away money.

The turn out on Saturday night was sad and embarrassing. The elevated stage had to make it worse to look out and see no one.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2009, 11:15:57 am »
Quote from: Spacey;223183
Musically the band brought there A game. Tight and really motivated playing. They played with purpose and hung onto it all night. The Beef>2001>Barley was the highlight. The 2001 was spectacular. The Mooboo\'s was a great ending at 2:07 a.m. and it makes sense after reading Duane\'s post why they were able to play an encore.

The venue had good sound and a great light system. The place reeked like urine and stale beer. Threw up walking into the bathroom. Beer selection was piss poor. Few minor changes and that place is a great venue.

Breakfast should have never played there. Without a solid street team and some sacrifices be the fans and the band to do promotion or create some kind of buzz. They will never grow the fanbase. The more people hear the name and see the name around town the more common they become. Companies don\'t spend millions on advertisement only to piss away money.

The turn out on Saturday night was sad and embarrassing. The elevated stage had to make it worse to look out and see no one.

These are the same kind of posts that have been made on .info since there was a .info. Just rinse and repeat.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2009, 11:24:20 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;223193

These are the same kind of posts that have been made on .info since there was a .info. Just rinse and repeat.

I understand that but...

Then what the fuck are we doing here?

If no one is willing to make a sacrifice to the betterment of the band then why pretend? Why don\'t we just let the dog die?

The band should just quit.

Why should I invest my time or energy into this band then?

Frankly, Saturday made me realize this painful truth.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2009, 11:24:21 am »

seriously.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2009, 11:26:21 am »
Quote from: galenas;223197

seriously.

Sad thing is that we all realize it but even with our efforts nothing came to it and nothing will.

Fuck it, I am done!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2009, 12:23:23 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;223196

I understand that but...

Then what the fuck are we doing here?

If no one is willing to make a sacrifice to the betterment of the band then why pretend? Why don\'t we just let the dog die?

The band should just quit.

Why should I invest my time or energy into this band then?

Frankly, Saturday made me realize this painful truth.

The only people who should really be sacrificing for the band is the band. If they aren\'t gonna go out and drum up support for their band then why should anyone else ? The days of them relying on others to fill a venue has long since past (if there ever was one). One of the biggest issues I saw over the years is that the band doesn\'t self promote. They rely on other people to do it. They stick / stuck with an inner circle and let the dice roll.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2009, 12:40:54 pm »
There are enough fans in enough areas of new england/new york to start building a decent street team. We just need to get organized. If we could each do certain small things they would pay off and equal better turnouts. like Mark said, the local papers should be informed a month or two ahead of time, posters need to go up at near by colleges, promo discs need to be handed out. etc. Shits not gonna happen over night, its gonna take time and effort from all the hardcore fans who want the band to succeed. Make some kind of buzz about the band in CT, Boston, and Upstate since these are the home bases, and hopefully the crowds will slowly but surely get a little bigger each time. :shrug: idk seems like a lot of this has been done in the past but it has consistantly NOT been done for a couple of years or so.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2009, 12:58:22 pm »
well, one of the best shows I\'ve seen in a long time.  I was goo on the floor after that show.  The Tribal wore me out, really drained the energy outta.  Mooboo\'s was unreal.  Loved the midnight lamp tease too.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2009, 01:24:53 pm »

Quote from: Gfunk;223205
Shits not gonna happen over night, its gonna take time and effort from all the hardcore fans who want the band to succeed. Make some kind of buzz about the band in CT, Boston, and Upstate since these are the home bases, and hopefully the crowds will slowly but surely get a little bigger each time. :shrug: idk seems like a lot of this has been done in the past but it has consistantly NOT been done for a couple of years or so.

What happened to the WPOAC Street Team?!

I\'m very disappointed in the turnout as well.  We all have friends... well, most of us ;) I texted 40 people about the show the other  night, and each of those 40 people could have also sent out a text to others.  Fans who are going to college could hang up a few promo flyers around the walls or bathrooms.  I remember when there were flyers that could be printed out for every show the band had.  I haven\'t seen any in a long time.  Facebook?  Myspace?  Promo CD\'s?  Local events/shows?  Let\'s pick just ONE of the upcoming shows and all put effort into promoting the schnot outta it.

Also, there seems to be a lot of willing fans, but just not enough time before show announcements to really make any progress.  Someone (like the band) needs to start being accountable & organized for promoting, or they\'ll never get any recognition. :/rant:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2009, 01:41:17 pm »
as ser as intension was, how fuckin bad ass would an atsd>intension been ?  save dipped out almost before tim finished his solo almost seemed like he felt obligated to sit in.   regardless one of the sickest sets i can remember seeing.  loved every second of it thanks to everyone involved
*Gia*

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2009, 01:49:14 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;223112
setlist looks amazing...anyone tape?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.