Author Topic: Wed. 3/8 - St. Louis - CANCELLED  (Read 16930 times)

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
Wed. 3/8 - St. Louis - CANCELLED
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2006, 01:11:44 pm »
the show must go on.

hopefully there is a good reason for this. hell, i\'d even give it up to a serious case of the squirts. but at this point, with folks trying to pull friends to shows from afar, playing for a couple of folks for no money is better than pissing off folks and ensuring a bad vibe about themselves the next time through. you\'re on tour. suck it up and remember, the show must go on. i had an irritated phone message from my friend in stl this morning, myself.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2006, 01:12:43 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Quote from: Me!
lest we all forget this is a BUSINESS, yes we all have a great time and it\'s nice to dilude ourselves and think it\'s all about the vibe and what not, but these cats are in this to make a living. And all decisions are business decisions.............

business can\'t grow on poor business decisions (see George Bush\'s prior business record)

agreed I\'m just assuming there were good reasons, and it was a good business decision, and was made for the right reasons, cause it  looks like some people are PISSED!!
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

spacebrush

• Non-conformist informant
    • http://www.key17.com
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2006, 01:15:19 pm »
All it takes is one let down fan to give you a bad name.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2006, 01:15:38 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
lest we all forget this is a BUSINESS, yes we all have a great time and it\'s nice to dilude ourselves and think it\'s all about the vibe and what not, but these cats are in this to make a living. And all decisions are business decisions.............

business can\'t grow on poor business decisions (see George Bush\'s prior business record)
agreed I\'m just assuming there were good reasons, and it was a good business decision, and was made for the right reasons, cause it  looks like some people are PISSED!!

Well, like JKing said, I\'d personally give in for a severe case of the squirts. I just hope it wasn\'t because they didn\'t "like" the venue. The previous line-ups in the past have many bands that are at the same stage of the game as the breakfast, so the decision has to carry some merit.

The old addage is that "bad news spreads faster than good news"
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2006, 01:17:58 pm »
no such thing as bad publicity?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2006, 01:18:56 pm »
touché, my good man, touché
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2006, 01:22:47 pm »
Oh my!!

I really hope they\'re covering up for someone\'s squirts....  

If not....

Wow, just wow!! I really hope we get to the bottom of this so we can explain the band\'s position rationally to these awfully nice St. Louis peeps.  I\'m sorry St. Louis guys, I know what it feels like to look forward to something and then have it not happen.  This one Christmas my son Bart snuck downstairs early to open his present. He hastily played with a fire truck that caused an electrical fire, burning the tree and presents. Christmas was ruined and I never got my sausages.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

phishermanjohn

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2006, 01:23:29 pm »
still waiting on the band to chime in here.

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2006, 01:26:18 pm »
And all decisions are business decisions.............

i cant believe i am reading people defending this.  NO VENUE is too bad for the band at this point.  this is a terrible move for the band if they deemed the place "not suitable for the breakfast"  

this is exactly the reason they need a tour manager, not the bass player being the tour manager.  

and you cant ell me it was becuase no one was there.  teh show in Jersey not long ago had fuckin 5people there.  and they threw it the fuck down.  real radio 2nd set.

i hate reading shit like this. i would hope by now people know the real story as to what happened.    eitherway, they are there, they should play. at least let all the fans know why you are cancelling a gig.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2006, 01:32:35 pm »
no till they get back prob

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2006, 01:34:56 pm »
I really think there should be a cell phone call placed to the band at this point.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2006, 01:38:40 pm »
Have some faith guys! The guy said there was a tiny PA so maybe the venue could not power the band. We all know these dudes have played poor places and for little money. We dont know the details but im sure that it was justified.
phishermanjohn, thats really awesome that you did all that grassroots work for the band. Im sorry you got let down and I hope that the boys make it up to you :(
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2006, 01:41:01 pm »
they should go back and play 3 shows in one day to make it up to everyone there. ;)

as far as the PA issue. i would think when booking a venue, you would see what PA they run and make sure it will be enough to power a band before swending them all the way out there....
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 01:48:34 pm by wiredchicken »

daffodil

• http://phishhook.com/lists/antelope5
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2006, 01:57:38 pm »
this makes me sad.  especially after going to a show last night where the band was so very mediocre yet pulled a large crowd.  things like this don\'t help.  knowing the places the band has played though, and putting their hearts and souls into playing for 5 people, i tend to think there\'s gotta be a good explanation?  maybe they didn\'t want to set another pa on fire?

anyway i think an official announcement is in order here, like, pronto.  a lack of one is irresponsible imo.

ScottT

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2006, 02:02:58 pm »
The bar has live music all the time - several nights per week.  They have a 16 channel snake that runs from the stage to the back.  You can run a soundboard out of the way back there to achieve a decent mix.