Author Topic: Meebo & Meebo Mondays  (Read 489 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Meebo & Meebo Mondays
« on: July 30, 2007, 07:46:34 pm »
Not sure how many of you know of or use meebo (http://www.meebo.com or https://wwwl.meebo.com/ for the secure client) but I have been using it as my IM client of choice for a while now, ever since they blocked AIM where I work. Anyway if you have an AIM account, Yahoo IM, MSN, jabber, google talk or ICQ account you can sign in to them all at the sametime using meebo. The best part is you can sign in from anywhere and there is no install program because it is web based. Well anyway when you sign in they have a greeting from the developers etc and today was the below. I thought it might be a cool way to help the band out, maybe announce things etc to a very large base of folks etc etc. I figured I would post it here and see if it perked some interest from the grass roots folks.

-Meebo message below-

You’re way too beau-tee-ful, guurl!
danny posted this on July 30, 2007

meebo users are huge music fans. Jamie is a huge Lil’ Mama fan (so am I, ha) and thinks she has the cutest voice. Cheezehog digs trip hop like RJD2 and Lemon Jelly. A few of our users, like Paperclip and Max Sornik, rock out to Mudvayne, a really cool metal band from Peoria, IL. Megan loves a bunch of different bands, from Eminem to Hinder. Andrew Lee even composes his own music!

Every Monday from now on we’re going to feature and promote a few bands that are about to do something big, like releasing an album or going on a massive tour. We’ve even thought of a super clever name. Get ready … drumroll, please. Introducing meebo mondays!

How do meebo mondays work? Good question! In the music industry, new albums generally launch and become available on Tuesdays. The Tuesday an album comes out is called the “street date”. All meebo mondays artists will feature cool content in their meebo rooms, like songs from the album, videos, live footage, exclusive interviews, etc., inside their meebo room the day before the street date! meebo users, as well as band followers hanging out on a band’s websites, can chat with other diehard fans live and chat up new albums before everyone else.

This week, we’re featuring great music from Sean Kingston (love him!), Korn, Kia Shine and The Starting Line. Each artist is releasing a huge new album tomorrow! So exciting!

We’re also rolling out a big, big promotion with the Family Value Tour. That’s right, meebo’s going a bit metal (ha, ha). Fans visiting meebo.com, the Family Values Tour and featured band websites have a chance to win 2 free concert tickets and backstage access every day of the tour. Fans may win by chatting in the official Family Values “Circle Pit” meebo room and sharing their home videos and photos about their Family Values tour experiences. Join the Family Values Tour Chat from 3-4pm ET (12-1pm PT) every show day. The best photos and videos will be syndicated across the Web inside the “Circle Pit” for fans to discuss and view live. The best of the best will receive free tickets to a tour stop of their choice. Check out the contest rules for more details. How sweet is that?!

For music fans on meebo, this is just the beginning!

Rock on,

Danny
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Meebo & Meebo Mondays
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 08:57:27 am »
that would be a great recourse. what, you just sign up, start a page, and send in a request to be up on the front page?
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-