Poll

Better Chicago Sit-com: Family Matters vs. Perfect Strangers

amily Matters
4 (28.6%)
erfect Strangers
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Better Chicago-based sit-com: Family Matters vs. Perfect Strangers  (Read 5236 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Better Chicago-based sit-com: Family Matters vs. Perfect Strangers
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2005, 03:53:19 am »
Yea, MWC is Chicago. The open of MWC starts with a shot of some famous fountain in Chigaco.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2005, 12:22:46 pm »
Quote from: derickw
I know it\'s not Chi town but what about Silver Spoons and Growing Pains.

back on track Celebrity Death Match Erkel vs. Balki
who would u put money on?????
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2005, 03:00:45 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa
Yea, MWC is Chicago. The open of MWC starts with a shot of some famous fountain in Chigaco.

yes, its the Buckingham Fountain. ive taken a swim in it, pretty warm waters, lots of bacteria. wouldnt recommend it.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

stabmasterarson

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 09:53:09 pm »
def urkel, remember when he would do that transformation thing into some other character who could do all kinds of athletic shit. i bet he would whoop balki\'s ass

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 10:55:25 am »
Quote from: oldnewbie
Quote from: Mark
Um, Bob Newhart...

most people here are going....."wait...who?"
Yeah, but what about the popular drinking game that swept the nation based on this show? For those who don\'t know it, watch an episode and drink everytime someone says "Hi Bob". You will be hammered in 30 minutes!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 12:08:10 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa

Unfortunately, my poll is by no means an exhaustive list of all Chicago-based comedies.  If I didn\'t rush to submit my thread and poll, I probably would have remembered some Chicago essentials.  Can\'t believe I forgot Married With Children, which I rank higher than both of the shows in the poll.  Sorry Mark, I think I missed Newhart by a few years, though my parents were fans of it.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex