Author Topic: Setlist: [Tim and Adrian Acoustic] 2008-12-09 - Burke\'s; Yonkers, NY  (Read 1706 times)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
I: jam > Strawberry Fields Forever, Into the Great Wide Open, Ripple, Boogie On Reggae Woman > She Belongs to Me, Immortality > Burn One Down, Ziggy Stardust, Don\'t Let Me Be Misunderstood, Gumbo, Question Mark And The Mind

II: The Sound, Life\'s Been Good, I Wanna Get High > Joe\'s Garage > Bird Song > Episode 1 (Happy) > Bird Song > Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)* > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)**, Folsom Prison Blues

III: Blister in the Sun, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town, Basket Case, Under the Bridge, Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > Language Of The Gods, Christmas Time Is Here^, Watching the Wheels^^, Golden Slumbers& > Carry That Weight > The End&&

E: Episode 3 (Awakening)#

Adrian on mandolin for first set and congas for second and third sets, except \'Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town\', on which he played mandolin

Excerpt of the show from \'Basket Case\' through \'The End\' featured Jim Cobb on acoustic guitar

Bulk of the second set written by Steve Gencarelli, who was celebrating his 33rd birthday, and who had \'Happy Birthday to You\' sung to him prior to the set

* played over the melody of \'Bird Song\'
** with \'Pure Imagination\' (Leslie Bricusse/Anthony Newley) tease
^ instrumental
^^ preceded by \'Linus and Lucy\' (Vince Guaraldi) tease
& preceded by Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) [Gene Autry/Oakley Haldeman] tease
&& with \'Buquebus\' tease
# preceded by \'Gotta Get Drunk\' (Willie Nelson) and \'Crazy\' (Willie Nelson/Patsy Cline) teases
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 12:07:57 pm by ChrisPitch »

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Setlist: [Tim and Adrian Acoustic] 2008-12-09 - Burke\'s; Yonkers, NY
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 09:30:15 am »
^^^There was a Mario Star Jam in there somewhere

Billy Chags...I have your zippo.  I will get it back to you ASAP
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 10:57:47 am »
Quote from: NickNels;213212

correction: Steve\'s zippo.  Steve\'s birthday present zippo from the Indian at the Pond Point Krausers.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 11:32:41 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;213221
Quote from: NickNels;213212

correction: Steve\'s zippo.  Steve\'s birthday present zippo from the Indian at the Pond Point Krausers.

NIce...nothing better than stealing from the Bday boy.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 11:47:14 am »
echidna\'s arf acoustic with jim cobb?
SER!!!
caress me, aunt jemima

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 01:42:59 pm »
Tim said there was no Super Mario Bros. Star Power tease. He also said that Norwegian Wood was played in its entirety, even though I thought it was just one verse. The tape will tell the tale was Fitzy was in the house.

Anyway, an outstanding time celebrating someone who\'s unquestionably deserving of such. It was great to see Steve get a bit embarrased when we sung him Happy Birthday. Also, great job by Holly in leading the birthday boy convoy and for making cupcakes, as well as Diana for her sugar-laden goody bags.

As far as the show, can\'t ask for much more than six Breakfast songs, including the three Episodes. Adrian\'s conga-ing in Mooboo\'s was definitely a highlight, as was his mandolin solo in Elderly Woman. Cobb stepped in and did a fine job as we all know Echnida\'s is no picnic. He also initiated the whole deal with Christmas Time is Here (aka: the Peanuts Christmas song) and then Tim ran with it.

We pretty much owned the place, though a few unfamiliars seemed impressed and contributed to the encore, which was my highlight, though Steve clamoring for Episode 4 was a close second. I think he also spearheaded a nice "Let\'s Go Mets!" chant, which was appropriate considering the big news of the day and the location.

Another in a long time of wonderful times.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 12:08:53 pm by ChrisPitch »

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 03:09:12 pm »
what a night!

i\'m so glad that people were able to make it down on a tuesday to celebrate the stephengencs birthday! he was surprised and delighted with everyone who came out to party. even lil johnny upstate got a lady friend to drive him down from oneonta for the event.

diana, it had been way too long since i received a goody bag at a party. they were adorable and the candy assortment was marvelous! i look forward to using the smiley face pencil at my exam tomorrow while wearing the beautiful shiny necklace that was also included in my goody bag.

fun times all around..great to see jimmy cobb sit in! let\'s go mets!

fizzlefest

• Your Mom...
    • http://www.craigwendler.com
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;213235

We pretty much owned the place, though a few unfamiliars seemed impressed and contributed to the encore, which was my highlight, though Steve clamoring for Episode 4 was a close second.

Last time I took credit for an encore, I didn\'t get a very warm welcome (acoustic Price is Right Theme at Daniel St.)  Hopefully I\'ve made up for that this time.  I told Tim since they played Episodes 1 and 2, how about continuing the theme.  He loved the idea.  

:)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 09:16:31 pm »
See what happens when you actually request a good song. Nice work!

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 12:34:36 pm »
good times! went waaaaaaaay fast!!