Author Topic: Setlist: [The Beatles A-Z, Part 1] 2008-08-03 – Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 4186 times)

lilblondie

• the FU queen
Setlist: [The Beatles A-Z, Part 1] 2008-08-03 – Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 12:30:29 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;198141
Regarding last night\'s setlist and the way it was constructed, obviously, it\'s imperative that we know who played what instruments and who sang lead on each song.

Of course, I went the extra kilometer with my notes regarding the covers and anthology songs. However, considering the nature of this project and how it encompasses all the music recorded by The Beatles, I felt it was prudent (Dear Prudent?) to not only distinguish the songs they didn\'t write, but also the ones which are not part of their proper discography.

And sure enough, as I was putting it all together last night, I knew somebody was going to say something about the way the setlist looked, yet I proceeded anyway. A once-in-a-lifetime concert merits a once-in-a-lifetime setlist. I mean, if three guys can learn 220 songs, surely we can follow an * from the top of the screen to the bottom, can\'t we?

Anyway, you\'re welcome.

Pitch

Meanwhile, back at the show...

i just want you to know that i think your detail is super and i thank you for all the time that you put in it...we were unable to go so again thanks for the cliff notes and we will be up to date ready to rock next sunday! you rule....
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 12:43:55 pm »
Were there any tapers?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 12:44:54 pm »
Quote from: galenas;198142
Quote from: ChrisPitch;198141
I mean, if three guys can learn 220 songs, surely we can follow an * from the top of the screen to the bottom, can\'t we?

now you\'re asking a lot...

:lol:
DS Newbers

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 12:53:36 pm »
Show was indeed recorded via the means of both audio and video. So thanks to Fitz and Ken, respectively.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 01:00:39 pm »
Nice documenting Pitch.

What I really enjoyed seeing last night:  older folks who know nothing about the breakfast, losing their shit over the talent on that stage.

At one point I heard this guy on his cellphone:  "Yeah, we just walked into this place in Milford called Daniel Street and it\'s fucking awesome, you got to come down".

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2008, 01:23:43 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;198154
Nice documenting Pitch.

What I really enjoyed seeing last night:  older folks who know nothing about the breakfast, losing their shit over the talent on that stage.

At one point I heard this guy on his cellphone:  "Yeah, we just walked into this place in Milford called Daniel Street and it\'s fucking awesome, you got to come down".

that\'s awesome!

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 04:25:33 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;198128
A great night of music on polar sides of the spectrum going from this sit down beatles singalong with kids and old beatles fans alike to the insanity that is gogol bordello.

:lol: yeah - for us, going from the Neville Bros @ gotv, to the Beatles at Daniel Street, to Gogol Bordello at Toad\'s was indeed a weird mix.  Btw, Paul, you were so right when describing gogol\'s sound, too -- I think you said it was "a mixture of pirate music, accordion, and distorted yelling." I\'d never heard of "gypsy punk" before, but it was definitely a lot of fun! ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 05:08:07 pm »
the guys were so unbelievably on point last night. i can\'t wait to hear this one and hopefully will make it to as many of these as i can.

Quote from: SlimPickens;198154

yeah..one man who i was talking to at the bar just ended up at daniel st after seeing the a-z poster the day before the show and couldn\'t get over the guys\' performance. he said that he\'ll probably be back every sunday in august and wants to check out the breakfast when they play there on the 15th!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 05:11:02 pm by Mamalakabubadaya »

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 05:14:56 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;198182
and wants to check out the breakfast when they play there on the 15th!

yeah, I can\'t wait to see that guy at the Aug 15 electric show.  He\'s gonna think he left the planet.

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 05:20:32 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;198183

yeah, I can\'t wait to see that guy at the Aug 15 electric show.  He\'s gonna think he left the planet.

:lol: definitely. he has no idea what he\'s getting himself into...

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 06:36:33 pm »
i wussed out.  wish i hadn\'t, i\'d have probably made it back to boston before they closed two lanes on 91 and two lanes on 84, causing me to sit in 82 minutes of traffic on i84. i didn\'t time the first one cause i cut around a lot of it...

but yeah, note to all of you, apparently this is going on for months late night in CT

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2008, 07:45:33 am »
yea, there\'s a lot of construction in ct right now. They\'re working in downtown new haven as well, which with one way streets can make for some very long slow detours, not to mention taking away many parking spots. Say around bar, when you\'re trying to get to a timmy show. :banghead:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2008, 10:40:45 am »
this is way over my head, but thought some of you nerds on here might be interested. ;)

http://www.icce.rug.nl/~soundscapes/VOLUME03/Words_and_chords.shtml

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2008, 10:45:20 am »
If Tim is on John Lennon vocals and Sean is on Paul McCartney vocals, am i led to believe that Ron is on George Harrison vocals?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2008, 11:22:02 am »
And would that leave Adrian to fill Ringo\'s tunes?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen