Author Topic: Setlist: [The Beatles A-Z, Part 1] 2008-08-03 – Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 4188 times)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
I: A Day in the Life#&&, A Hard Day’s Night#&@, A Taste of Honey@%, Across the Universe&, Act Naturally^@%%, All I’ve Got to Do&, All My Loving@, All Together Now^#@, All You Need Is Love*#&, And I Love Her*#$, And Your Bird Can Sing&, Anna (Go to Him)&+, Another Girl@, Any Time at All&, Ask Me Why&, Baby It’s You@++, Baby You’re a Rich Man*#$, Baby’s in Black#&@, Back in the U.S.S.R.#@, Bad Boy*#$=, Because&@$, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!&

II: B้same Mucho#@==, Birthday#@, Blackbird@@, Blue Jay Way*&, Boys*@~, Can’t Buy Me Love$, Carry That Weight&@$ > Chains&@$~~, Come and Get It#&<, Come Together*#$, Cry Baby Cry#&$$, Cry for a Shadow*#<<, Day Tripper#$, Dear Prudence@, Devil in Her Heart@-, Dig a Pony*&, Dig It*@, Dizzy Miss Lizzie*#&--, Do You Want to Know a Secret#&, Doctor Robert&@, Don’t Bother Me@, Don’t Let Me Down*#&

E: Don’t Pass Me By*#@

This marked the first of a five-show series that chronicles The Beatles’ entire proper discography, in addition to material from The Beatles Anthology, played in alphabetical order.

The primary lineup featured Tim Palmieri on acoustic guitar (\'The Spider\') and vocals, Ron Spears on H๖fner bass and vocals, and Sean Miller on vocals.

* Sean on acoustic guitar
^ Sean on mandolin
# Adrian Tramontano on drums

Lead vocals

& Tim
@ Sean
$ Ron

&& Tim on John Lennon’s vocals and Sean on Paul McCartney’s
@@ played and sung solo by Tim
$$ Sean on vocals for “Can You Take Me Back” ending

Song Notes

% written by Bobby Scott and Ric Marlow and originally performed by Scott; from Please Please Me
%% written by Johnny Russell and Voni Morrison and originally recorded by Buck Owens; from Help!
+ written and originally recorded by Arthur Alexander; from Please Please Me
++ written by Burt Bacharach, Luther Dixon, and Mack David and originally recorded by The Shirelles; from Please Please Me
= written and originally recorded by Larry Williams; from Past Masters, Volume One
== written by Consuelo Velแzquez and originally recorded by Emilio Tuero; from Anthology 1
~ written by Luther Dixon and Wes Farrell and originally recorded by The Shirelles; from Please Please Me
~~ written by Gerry Goffin and Carole King and originally recorded by The Cookies; from Please Please Me
< written by Paul McCartney and recorded by Badfinger; from Anthology 3
<< written by George Harrison and John Lennon; from Anthology 1
- written by Richard P. Drapkin and originally recorded by The Donays; from With the Beatles
-- written and originally recorded by Larry Williams; from Help!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 04:54:17 pm by ChrisPitch »

Whoareyoumacher?

• http://www.iansmusic.net
Setlist: [The Beatles A-Z, Part 1] 2008-08-03 – Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 02:51:29 am »
Wow...I wish I was there for this...
Glad to hear Seanie is up and kicking.
Hope all you kids are having a great summer.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 07:06:11 am »
by the end of the night most of the bar was up at the stage singing and dancing.  Old folks, young kids, wookies and squares standing elbow to elbow belting out the songs word for word.  The arrangements, the harmonies all sounded great.  Listing highlights would just involve retyping the setlist.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 09:37:02 am »
I\'m hoping that this was taped and will be available to DL somewhere (you know, for those of us that don\'t live in CT or aren\'t able to drive 2-3 states to make a show).
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 09:47:20 am »
Quote from: Whoareyoumacher?;198097

Me too...

Does the setlist really need to be written this way? It seems a bit ridiculous to me. Can\'t people look up who wrote the songs, what albums they were on, etc., should they so desire? This setlist gives me a headache just looking at it.
Masturbation in the MFA

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 09:50:32 am »
it is a pretty busy setlist... but props to the researcher/executer of such a project!!

last night was absolutely awesome. a totally random mix of people, all united by the beatles. the guys were *fantastic* and exceeded even my highest expectations. i will certainly be back next week, and my mom probably will too ! (she had a BLAST!)  :)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 10:02:04 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;198111
and my mom probably will too ! (she had a BLAST!)  :)

i\'m bringing my mommy next week, too! :)

Quote from: jocelyn;198107
Quote from: Whoareyoumacher?;198097

Me too...

Does the setlist really need to be written this way? It seems a bit ridiculous to me. Can\'t people look up who wrote the songs, what albums they were on, etc., should they so desire? This setlist gives me a headache just looking at it.

joc, i disagree. i think the setlist is very informative. even if i so desired to look up all this info, i would never have the time. so thanks, pitchy.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 10:02:04 am by galenas »

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 10:57:50 am »
I definitely think the setlist is very confusing at first glance, but it was very well organized for the amount of information he was trying to get in there. A great night of music on polar sides of the spectrum going from this sit down beatles singalong with kids and old beatles fans alike to the insanity that is gogol bordello. Was not fun getting up at 3am for work however. ugh.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 10:59:48 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;198128
Was not fun getting up at 3am for work however. ugh.

i don\'t know how you do it...

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 11:09:40 am »
:shrug:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 11:28:26 am »
Quote from: galenas;198130
Quote from: FrankZappa;198128
Was not fun getting up at 3am for work however. ugh.

i don\'t know how you do it...

he\'s got an obligation to make mike n mike the best it can possibly be
*Gia*

klaashole

• I miss Jerry
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 11:47:03 am »
We will not be able to make the next three Sundays, but we will be back for the finale.  If you get a chance to make one or all of these I highly recommend it.  Everything about the evening was great.  Nice size crowd, the sound was very good, and the food is always a treat.  Spread the word!!!!!

Chris thanks for the setlist.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 11:55:43 am »
setlist is very clean and organized, but i do think its a little over the top with the amount of information given.  for example, i dont really think it needs to be noted who sings lead/etc in each song.

with that said...this looks incredible...i cant wait to hear it
DS Newbers

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 11:59:39 am »
Regarding last night\'s setlist and the way it was constructed, obviously, it\'s imperative that we know who played what instruments and who sang lead on each song.

Of course, I went the extra kilometer with my notes regarding the covers and anthology songs. However, considering the nature of this project and how it encompasses all the music recorded by The Beatles, I felt it was prudent (Dear Prudent?) to not only distinguish the songs they didn\'t write, but also the ones which are not part of their proper discography.

And sure enough, as I was putting it all together last night, I knew somebody was going to say something about the way the setlist looked, yet I proceeded anyway. A once-in-a-lifetime concert merits a once-in-a-lifetime setlist. I mean, if three guys can learn 220 songs, surely we can follow an * from the top of the screen to the bottom, can\'t we?

Anyway, you\'re welcome.

Pitch

Meanwhile, back at the show...

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 12:09:42 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;198141
I mean, if three guys can learn 220 songs, surely we can follow an * from the top of the screen to the bottom, can\'t we?

now you\'re asking a lot...