Author Topic: bonnaroo?!  (Read 5243 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
bonnaroo?!
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2006, 03:05:29 pm »
Quote from: Steffmo
Leith...

With all do lack of respect, this is the last time I will ever address your ignorant, unprofessional post.  The people that have dedicated their time and money tokeeping The Breakfast out there certainly do not deserve the kind of inuendo based slagging you specialize in.  Especially since you have never done ANYthing in this indistry to back up your assumption that loud mouthed, abusive commentary will win any support for the band in the offices that matter.

As I have stated before....go out and do something of your own to show some credibility if you want to get some respect.  Its very asy to sit there in the catbird seat with 20/20 hindsight and tell everyone what they SHOULD have done.  Until then I simply have to see you for what you are, a bored, disenfranchised rabble roused.  You are not doing this band any favors, I assure you.

Quote from: leith
Quote from: sequia
So now we have a band member whining about this stuff on the fansite?
That seems sad to me.

yea and your gonna be whining about my foot up your gapeing hole.
now that could be a sad sight....

oh come now Jordan.
I am sure your energy can be better directed @ getting on the phone and discussing the reasons the band is not on the initial lineup for the \'Roo or if there is a possibility of it w/ your MANAGEMENT.
 Like maybe your booking agency or anyone that could DO SOMETHING about it instead of talking shit to me.
 It just looks sad for a member of the band to come and START a thread whining about how they got dissed again. :sigh:

Quote from: freddiewaht
Quote from: Me!

If so you would think band members would be bitching to them instead of starting threads here.

Leith you know this shit pisses people off why do you perpetuate???

It seems to me like now it\'s all you do on here try to piss everyone off

he thrives on it,i think..

You would know the feeling wouldn\'t you Wah?
No I just think that since you all think this website is searched by players in the music industry so much, do you not think it looks bad for a band member to be posting crybaby shit like this thread?
All they have that I can see is a bunch of people jocking them and not challenging them to be a BETTER BAND overall,not just better musicians.

A FUCKIN MEN!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
bonnaroo?!
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2006, 04:27:14 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
Does Bonnaroo HAVE to be all jambands?

Included among artists I don\'t particularly want to see at a festival:

Widespread Panic
Galactic
Trey (you want to talk about bringing in a crowd of idiots...)

No, it doesn\'t... it has never been an exclusively jamband festival.  However, this year they are putting on a radio-band festival with a few jambands mixed in... completely going against what, in my eyes, had made the festival so great the past few years.  I predict that, with this line-up, this year\'s bonnaroo will not be anywhere near as successful as previous years.

Regarding who you don\'t want to see at festivals... ARE YOU SER?  You don\'t like Galactic either??  No Panic, no Galactic, no Keller... after that, you have slipped down a notch and are now only "moderately edible".
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
bonnaroo?!
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2006, 05:55:36 pm »
Quote from: Marcial

Widespread Panic
Galactic

No, it doesn\'t... it has never been an exclusively jamband festival.  However, this year they are putting on a radio-band festival with a few jambands mixed in... completely going against what, in my eyes, had made the festival so great the past few years.  I predict that, with this line-up, this year\'s bonnaroo will not be anywhere near as successful as previous years.

Regarding who you don\'t want to see at festivals... ARE YOU SER?  You don\'t like Galactic either??  No Panic, no Galactic, no Keller... after that, you have slipped down a notch and are now only "moderately edible".

rotfl
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
bonnaroo?!
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2006, 02:14:35 am »
Leith...

With all do lack of respect, this is the last time I will ever address your ignorant, unprofessional post.  The people that have dedicated their time and money tokeeping The Breakfast out there certainly do not deserve the kind of inuendo based slagging you specialize in.  Especially since you have never done ANYthing in this indistry to back up your assumption that loud mouthed, abusive commentary will win any support for the band in the offices that matter.

As I have stated before....go out and do something of your own to show some credibility if you want to get some respect.  Its very asy to sit there in the catbird seat with 20/20 hindsight and tell everyone what they SHOULD have done.  Until then I simply have to see you for what you are, a bored, disenfranchised rabble roused.  You are not doing this band any favors, I assure you.

Exactly what I expected. Are you the ONLY one helping this band? I do not think so. Why when I mention things could be better in management( a feeling shared by a few others on this board) you automatically assume I am pointing you out?
I have consistently thanked you and praised your helping the band.
 So if you want to take my posts as slams on you fine be paranoid.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
bonnaroo?!
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2006, 03:55:05 am »
Quote from: Marcial

Widespread Panic
Galactic

That\'s alright. I never said I had good taste in music. With the exception of the Breakdfast of course...
Masturbation in the MFA

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
bonnaroo?!
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2006, 03:29:51 pm »
Leith...

Exactly what I expected. Are you the ONLY one helping this band? I do not think so. Why when I mention things could be better in management( a feeling shared by a few others on this board) you automatically assume I am pointing you out?

leith your posts come across this way to a lot of people, so you might just want to look at your part in it for a minute.  i mean all we can really control is our own part in something, so we might as well put our focus there rather than on a whole bunch of things we have absolutely no control over.
Postcount +1.

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
Bonnaroo: One European\'s Perspective
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2006, 07:45:22 pm »
To get this thread back on track - can\'t believe how much crap I have had to wade through to get to the end of the thread - I agree with those both inside and outside the band who would like to see the band playing these big festivals. It would bring excellent exposure and hopefuly useful commercial returns from the hoped for/deserved slot on a major tour (though who\'d be brave enough to let them open, I don\'t know).

This year\'s line-up is however, something of a mystery to me - I, like someone else in this thread (can\'t remember who - it was back that many pages!) always saw the festival as a chance for jambands to have their own festival unpolluted by chart shit. Seems like Bonnaroo has gone the way of both Glastonbury and Reading here - excellent Rock festivals which went mainstream, got too big and lost their special identity. Yes, they keep a notional number of decent bands, but bit by bit, these get sidelined. Gotta agree with marcial - weakest line-up so far - and even the breakfast, panic and the biscuits couldn\'t save this one.

Which brings me to this:

All I keep thinking about is how Radiohead is going to flip some people out. I do not think the wooks and "kidz" are even ready for a band as intense as Radiohead. I hope Radiohead gets into the spirit of Bonnaroo and jams the hell out of some of their songs and sends a few folk to the looney bin!

NO f***ing chance of that - they couldn\'t even think about how to jam!! Intense? They couldn\'t even spell it. Sorry guys, but much as I would like to see the boys play Bonnaroo, do they really want to play at the Bonnaroo with the first named band being those boring, burned out tossers who are Radiohead? Though I have great respect for leith\'s taste in tlg and all matters Dead related, Radiohead??

On the other hand, do I want The Breakfast to be remembered as "the band who blew Radiohead off the planet"? Mmm, tempting idea.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
bonnaroo?!
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2006, 08:11:50 pm »
Quote from: boombox

All I keep thinking about is how Radiohead is going to flip some people out. I do not think the wooks and "kidz" are even ready for a band as intense as Radiohead. I hope Radiohead gets into the spirit of Bonnaroo and jams the hell out of some of their songs and sends a few folk to the looney bin!

NO f***ing chance of that - they couldn\'t even think about how to jam!! Intense? They couldn\'t even spell it. Sorry guys, but much as I would like to see the boys play Bonnaroo, do they really want to play at the Bonnaroo with the first named band being those boring, burned out tossers who are Radiohead? Though I have great respect for leith\'s taste in tlg and all matters Dead related, Radiohead??

On the other hand, do I want The Breakfast to be remembered as "the band who blew Radiohead off the planet"? Mmm, tempting idea.

lol How did I know you would dog Radiohead? I have said before that live they need alot of work. That was 2 years ago. The talent is there for sure but I do not think they know how to jam as we are used to. Make great albums but to headline a Jam fest? We\'ll see, well @ least hear it afterwards.

Quote from: Jim Cobb
Leith...

leith your posts come across this way to a lot of people, so you might just want to look at your part in it for a minute.  i mean all we can really control is our own part in something, so we might as well put our focus there rather than on a whole bunch of things we have absolutely no control over.

Yeah I assume people have better memories than they do and post under that assumption. I am attempting to rectify that as of now.
So be prepared for longer posts than usual. Maybe.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 08:14:46 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
bonnaroo?!
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2006, 03:22:31 pm »
Quote from: sequia
after all, i too am a fan. ...

What\'s your favorite tune ;) ?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Rujah

• team digest
bonnaroo?!
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2006, 09:59:47 pm »
Bonnaroo Sold Out!     
THE 2006 BONNAROO MUSIC FESTIVAL IS SOLD OUT ::

There will be no tickets available for sale at the festival site. If you don\'t have a ticket, we strongly urge you to stay home and not to come to the festival expecting to purchase one.

Thanks to everyone for your tremendous enthusiasm and support for our 5th annual festival. We\'re really excited about this year\'s Bonnaroo and we\'re looking forward to seeing you in a few days.

5 years and still The Breakfast have yet to perform. That\'s just a damn shame if ya ask me.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
bonnaroo?!
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2006, 10:27:21 pm »
bonnaPOO!!!

not that it wouldn\'t be great for the guys to be on this bill, but that is the only way I will ever go to another bonnaroo.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Rujah

• team digest
bonnaroo?!
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2006, 10:48:32 pm »
Me! too, although I have never been to any of the five bonnaroo\'s I have heard several reviews and some have been good while others not so good.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................