Author Topic: Disco Biscuits Saturday July 23rd @ Stone Pony Asbury Park, NJ  (Read 4640 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Disco Biscuits Saturday July 23rd @ Stone Pony Asbury Park, NJ
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 03:47:12 pm »
From Jambands.com

A Late Night Omen for the Biscuits

The Disco Biscuits’ tenth anniversary party at the Stone Pony will extend late into the evening tomorrow night. Though the group’s performance will be an early one, 6-10PM in the venue’s outdoor performance space, the band has added a special indoor set by DJ Omen following their show. Since Omen is a member of Marc Brownstein and Aron Magner’s Conspirator project any number of Biscuit-family collaborations are also possible. Tonight, the Disco Biscuits will return to the road for the first time since May for a free performance at Baltimore’s ArtScape Festival.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2005, 03:48:24 pm »
Gencs - Huge Turn Of Events.

Need To Tell You That I Am In.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2005, 03:50:10 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Gencs - Huge Turn Of Events.

Need To Tell You That I Am In.

I will believe you when I see your ass at my place......
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2005, 03:50:30 pm »
Call me

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2005, 04:13:46 pm »
The choices we make, oh, the choices. 8 hours of sleep since Friday, so much happened on this adventure with Gencs and Mad Mahoney. Thanks again to MAD for the ride.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2005, 05:27:37 pm »
i\'m surprsied you crazy kids got any sleep.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2005, 05:45:00 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
i\'m surprsied you crazy kids got any sleep.

8 hours is an approx. guess. Stayed up to 7/8 last night, 6 the night before up and going by 10 both days. Walked into a ragin\' house on Friday night, there for 10 minutes before the power went out, killer lightening show, power finally went on by 6.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2005, 07:47:10 pm »
how was the Biscuits show?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2005, 09:44:51 pm »
Probably one of the tightest Biscuits shows I have seen. Place was packed, people were groovin\'. The Biscuits played rather short sets compared to what they normally do (I think), nice setlist. Overall it was a great time.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 02:34:32 am »
interesting, have you been to many DB shows? the recent stuff ive downloaded is weak compared to shit from \'99-\'03, i guess just generally speaking. ive felt the decline of them for awhile, but always glad to hear a tight show took place. they play Spaga, Mulberry\'s, or Haleakala? great tunes.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 11:45:25 am »
Set I: Jam> Munchkin Invasion1, Svenghali> Helicopters1, Little Lai, 7-11> Svenghali
Set II: 42, Magellan, Crickets> Story Of The World> Crickets2> Story Of The World
Encore: The Overture

looks like a very sweet show

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Bisco Insanity.....
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2005, 12:49:34 pm »
Alright on friday afternoon Madeline came to pick me and spacey up at my place in milford.  We were heading down to Baltimore to meet up with Walsh and the crew for a post Bisco party before heading to Asbury Park for the show on Saturday.

We left milford at around 6pm and headed to Staven for supplies.  After doing what needed to be done in Staven we headed southbound, with a stop at Utopia for road warpitz.  The party in the car was confirmed and needed.  After sitting in traffic and through an amazing lightening storm, we finally got to the house which was about 30min south of Baltimore at 2am.  The party in the car was necessary in making the rough ride down.  The house party was still raging.  There must have been 20+ kids all over the place doing god knows what.  We drank and hung out till about 7-8am.....  A crazy crew indeed, but they were very welcoming to the 2 strangers (Spacey and I)

People started milling about at about 11am on Saturday morning.  We hit the road and hit a dirty diner in Maryland.  After realizing that we were still about 2+ hours away and it was like 2:30, we hit the road to Asbury Park.  Getting to the show at about 5:30/almost 6ish we went right to will call.  Spacey didnt have a ticket, but Walshys buddy who works at the stone poney got him in for free.....the will call line was stupid long but we walked in as the first song was starting...Funny how the kid with no ticket gets in first and for free....

The show.  This was my 2nd disco biscuits show.  They were tight and the sound was fantastic.  Not knowing any of the tunes it was good to be with Walshy and the crew for updates and information.  We were raging a nice spot by the bar with a great view of the stage.  I respecet the Biscuits for their talent but its really not my thing... Little Lai, 7-11, Magellan, and Story of the World were my highlights because they were more like actual songs rather than just trancy jams.....  It was a great night....I was rocking my Are You Ser? shirt and had a couple of kids come up to me asking me if I liked the Breakfast and that I should go to the puppet house next month....I just nodded my head and said, "oh yeah...I\'ll think about it"

The best part of the weekend for me was the hotel party after the show.  Our room was ajoined to Allison (formerly of the Bill and Allison Connection).  there was madness everywhere you looked.....the Nitrous room was by far the strangest thing I saw....too bad it got shut down.  I dont the the Anderson Family Reunion was too happy about the crazy scene that was sharing the hotel facillities with them.....

All in all I was as close to being a wook as ever this weekend......and I think I will leave that to the experts a la Walsh Mahoney and company......

To close, it was a great time with great kidz.  I hope to make it back soon, but most posatively definately NOT TOO SOON.....

Thanks again to Spacey for joining me on this journer and to Madeline for the ride and watchful eye.  Also thanks to Walsh and the entire crew of madmen and madwomen that were so welcoming to us strangers to the party.....

the Disco Biscuits
7/23/05 Stone Pony , Asbury Park , NJ
Set I: Jam > Munchkin Invasion*, Svenghali > Helicopters*, Little Lai, 7-11 > Svenghali

Set II: 42, Magellan, Crickets > Story of the World > Crickets** > Story of the World

Enc: The Overture

Notes: * Completes 7/22 version. ** With "We Want the Funk" (George Clinton) tease.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2005, 12:57:48 pm »
The Overture encore...  :thumbsup:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2005, 01:00:09 pm »
Great review of a very special and interesting weekend.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2005, 01:02:47 pm »
Coming soon to a comic book store near you..........

The Adventures of K-Man and Otto
Issue #1: K-Hole Katastrophe