Author Topic: Bonnaroo 2009 - June 11-14, 2009  (Read 10305 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Bonnaroo 2009 - June 11-14, 2009
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2009, 01:18:16 pm »
Yeah I read that one too. It wasn\'t nearly as funny and made me think whoever wrote it needs to lay out their panties on an ironing board.

Just because Trey likes something doesn\'t mean I have to give a rat\'s ass about it. From what I\'ve gathered Trey seems to enjoy a lot of weak sauce and his guests are almost always bunk. I do enjoy me some good Phish though.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:20:18 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2009, 01:21:46 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;233620
Yeah I read that one too. It wasn\'t nearly as funny.

Just because Trey likes something doesn\'t mean I have to give a rat\'s ass about it. From what I\'ve gathered Trey seems to enjoy a lot of weak sauce and his guests are almost always bunk. I do enjoy me some good Phish though.

Have you ever listened to Bruce beyond what you\'ve heard on the radio?  You talk about being open minded in other threads, yet you sound pretty close minded on this topic...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2009, 01:33:45 pm »
We\'ve been over this before dude. Yes I\'ve listened to like the entire Bruce Springsteen collection ad nauseum. My ex-girlfriend couldn\'t get enough of the stuff.

I don\'t think he is *bad*, actually I think he is rather good but also totally overrated by fanboys who -- for reasons beyond my comprehension -- will go out of their way to defend the guy in bold text on the interwebz when all I did was reference a funny quote.

If it really matters to you that much, I respect the guy, think some of his material is good and some of it sucks. I respect him a lot more for his politics and pushing for positive social change than his music actually.

If you lightened up a bit I think you\'d see I\'m not really bashing Bruce at all, just having a little fun here.

Satisfactory?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2009, 01:39:53 pm »
oh, one more thing: the beastie boys are old, awful, and need to pack it in. what a fucking joke of a performance on the main stage.

they had to restart sabotage. sabotage. not you enjoy myself. sabotage. horrendous. so i\'ve now seen phish sabotage yem, and i\'ve seen the beastie boys yem sabotage. woof.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2009, 01:45:23 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;233625
oh, one more thing: the beastie boys are old, awful, and need to pack it in. what a fucking joke of a performance on the main stage.

they had to restart sabotage. sabotage. not you enjoy myself. sabotage. horrendous. so i\'ve now seen phish sabotage yem, and i\'ve seen the beastie boys yem sabotage. woof.

the bassline is a little tricky on hard mode of rock band. so i\'ll give them that.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2009, 02:44:45 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;233625

They are headlining a night at Outside Lands that likely has no where near the amount of music as Bonnaroo.  Doozefest.

Any idea how many people were let in to the festival?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2009, 02:55:34 pm »
heard 75k were there
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2009, 12:09:15 am »
Now that I\'ve finally got my brain back, I\'d like to thank everyone I was there with for contributing to what was really an excellent 4 days.  From the late night drive up the mountain into Manchester to hobbling off during the end of Phish I had a blast the entire time.  Hope to see you all again soon.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:12:22 am by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2009, 02:45:22 pm »
If you\'ve ever been on the grounds of a music festival an hour or so after the last band has left the stage, you know it looks like a garbage tornado has just touched down. But after last weekend\'s Bonnaroo Festival wrapped up, the cleanup crew found something truly bizarre amidst the usual mountains of empty cups and crusty shoes: a dead body.

The Tennessean reports that on Tuesday, Bonnaroo workers found the body of an unidentified white man in his 20s in a tent. The man was apparently last seen alive around 3 p.m. on Monday, and police believe he may have been from Alabama. There were no signs of trauma on the body. Police are conducting an autopsy.
Posted by Tom Breihan on June 18, 2009 at 11:45 a.m.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2009, 03:09:12 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;233980
If you\'ve ever been on the grounds of a music festival an hour or so after the last band has left the stage, you know it looks like a garbage tornado has just touched down. But after last weekend\'s Bonnaroo Festival wrapped up, the cleanup crew found something truly bizarre amidst the usual mountains of empty cups and crusty shoes: a dead body.

The Tennessean reports that on Tuesday, Bonnaroo workers found the body of an unidentified white man in his 20s in a tent. The man was apparently last seen alive around 3 p.m. on Monday, and police believe he may have been from Alabama. There were no signs of trauma on the body. Police are conducting an autopsy.
Posted by Tom Breihan on June 18, 2009 at 11:45 a.m.

read about this the other day....crazy thing is they found him on tuesday....doesn\'t everybody leave by monday?
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2009, 03:40:27 pm »
I think a OD at festival where thousands of people are using drugs is more standard than "truly bizarre"

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2009, 03:46:24 pm »
Quote from: Klout;233986
I think a OD at festival where thousands of people are using drugs is more standard than "truly bizarre"

My cold-hearted thoughts exactly.
Are there usually massive fests where nobody dies?

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2009, 03:49:55 pm »
hey, id say its a good thing if only ONE person died
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2009, 04:36:13 pm »

The Tennessean reports that on Tuesday, Bonnaroo workers found the body of an unidentified white man in his 20s in a tent. The man was apparently last seen alive around 3 p.m. on Monday, and police believe he may have been from Alabama. There were no signs of trauma on the body. Police are conducting an autopsy.Posted by Tom Breihan on June 18, 2009 at 11:45 a.m.

hope its not boomer...
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2009, 05:22:53 pm »
Quote from: lilblondie;233997

The Tennessean reports that on Tuesday, Bonnaroo workers found the body of an unidentified white man in his 20s in a tent. The man was apparently last seen alive around 3 p.m. on Monday, and police believe he may have been from Alabama. There were no signs of trauma on the body. Police are conducting an autopsy.Posted by Tom Breihan on June 18, 2009 at 11:45 a.m.

hope its not boomer...

Nah. Boomer\'s a survivor.  If we\'re back next year we\'ll see him again, you watch.

Even more surprising this slipped through the cracks.  Considering they were about to cart Peck off to the morgue until I chased them off.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.