Author Topic: Setlist: 2003-05-31 - Webster Theatre; Hartford, CT  (Read 5263 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2003-05-31 - Webster Theatre; Hartford, CT
« on: June 01, 2003, 03:13:57 am »
I: The Chase, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Wake Up In A Coma > Sleeping Beauty*, Puppetry, Soul Finger > Gravity* > Drum Solo, Guitar Solo > Gladys Pimp & Kangaroos With Me > Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliche

E: Score**, China Cat Sunflower** > I Know You Rider**

* first time played.
** with RAQ\'s Chris Michetti on guitar and Todd Stoops on keys.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2003, 09:49:30 am »
Two new songs, The fuckin\' Chase, and an incredible jam with the guys from RAQ.  Awesome show.  I definitely recommend that everybody go out and see RAQ... and those other guys, Psycho Breakfast or whatever, weren\'t bad either.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Hahtfd
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2003, 11:16:44 am »
Hi everyone!  Like my Boston pronunciation of Hahtfd?  I had a great time last night!  Hadn\'t seen everyone in a while.  PB kicked serious ass, everyone was really grooving!  I liked Gravity a lot! not sure yet on Sleeping Beauty, but it always takes at least 4-5 performances for a PB tune to really start to find itself.  The Raq jam was phenomenal too.  I\'m usually skeptical about throw-a-bunch-of-dudes-on-the-stage jams, but this was tight.  I\'ve never heard 2 keyboard players sound so good together.  Stoops was laying down his amazing slap-rhythm lines while Jordan soloed, it was sick.  By the way, Raq really threw down earlier!  I was very impressed.  They don\'t sound exactly like Phish anymore.  It\'s been a good year for them, to be topped off by Bonnaroo!  Oh yeah, my $150 tickets sold for $95 and $102 on EBay :(  That 16 year old Greenberg kid had all the high school chicks wet earlier too, he can really belt!  Good night of music.  Would\'ve liked a couple of more of PB\'s monster tunes, but they played very well.  I\'d also like to thank the Webster staff for being so cool about letting us run lights and the sound guy was as nice as can be too.  Man, friendly staffs are hard to find!  See you all soon, at the family picnic hopefully.  Later!

love,
Wolfy

Side story:  Some people just do not understand the concept of breaking balls.  This kid Wade hopped on lights for Raq, then Dave and I come over to do PB.  Wade really wanted to do lights for PB, and he said: "Are you SURE you\'re doing lights for PB?" to which I replied, "I\'ll tell you what...if you can name 101 Psychedelic Breakfast songs, I\'ll let you do lights".  Wade then starts apologizing like a madman, and I politely explain that we are just breaking balls.  After about 100 apologies, he goes away...for 2 minutes...before he comes back and apologizes some more.  He eventually apologized so much that we had to break his balls about apologizing so much.  "Wade, you might think you\'re sorry now, but you\'re really going to be sorry if you apologize again."  He thought we really hated him or something.  lol Ball breaking...it\'s quite the abstract concept.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
SoulFinger.....
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2003, 03:07:22 pm »
Definately becoming one of my favorite PBcovers....

This is how lastnights show breaks down in my brain.....

The Chase, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Wake Up In A Coma > Sleeping Beauty*,

Opening with The Chase was nice.  I was hoping for a Score opener, but that shows what I know.  I felt the bands song placement was right on last night...

GBFBITS is always a treat for me...and I really noticed the lights durning this number....

COMA!!!!  that was one that I was not expecting and LOVE...sick last night....totally amazing

Sleeping Beauty....(re: the 2 new songs:  I liked them both.  Neither hit me as hard as GBFBITS or Eschers\' Etchings when I first heard them, but I am sure that they will grow on me rapidly)

So we had a one set wonder last night, but the musical setbreak came after Sleeping Beauty.  For me this next "set" was utterly and amazingly different (a la set 1 and 2)

Puppetry, Soul Finger > Gravity* > Drum Solo, Guitar Solo > Gladys Pimp & Kangaroos With Me > Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliche

I am with Walsh when he said "sick puppery jam"...it was brilliant..

Then the Soul Finger- Funky Bill sandwich was my personal highlight, especially with the killer Gladys Pimp as the meaty center.....

As for the Encore: Score, China Rider....
PFFFFFFFFFt........
I hope Marcial dug that for his first time Score.  Clean Tight and Fuckin Nasty....And I couldnt believe that not only did we get another song, but an inspired Dead cover....I have only seen PB do ChinaCatSunflower a couple of times, and maybe only once with the Rider ending.  Last nights was definately the tops of the ones I have seen...The band along with RAQ\'s guitarist were a chugging musical machine, churning out a great version and topping off an already amazing night....

So, thank you to the band and all the people at that party in the ghetto last night....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

tiedyetoga

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2003, 09:41:33 pm »
Hey Dave, when can we get a BT of this show? It was an awesome night.

ChrisF

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 01:39:44 am »
Originally posted by tiedyetoga
Hey Dave, when can we get a BT of this show? It was an awesome night.

I dont know when matt will have his soundbaord/audience matrix done, but if you want my audience source i can b+p shns for you thru the mail if you just want to hear it now.

And was the band that tim sat in with Bunji, or was it Turn It Up? I hit the record button when i saw tim get up on stage and I am going to use it as a filler. I doubt anyone knows the name of the song, but if you do let me know so i can put it in my text file.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2003, 02:04:19 am by ChrisF »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 07:53:37 am »
matt said he\'ll be getting it done quick and we\'ll get it  up on BT right after that.. just gotta walk matt through the BT process, and we\'ll get this one going like the Bowery show! :thumbsup:

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2003, 10:03:17 am »
deffinatley took a day for that one to sink in...nice to see a good hometown crowd, and hopefully that show convinced all the newbies where its at. Nice lights, decent sound, killer Puppetry, shitty pizza.  i hope woodbury ski racket is a better deal this time and not such a doozie.umphreys is there right?..i guess i can check the site. see ya next time. Aruny
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

mvallo

Where do i put the track marker?
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2003, 09:56:44 pm »
I am just about done with the webster show and i am not sure where to track out china cat sunflower > I know you rider?

Would any one be upset if i tracked it when jordans vocals come in on  rider?  I am not sure if there are any specifc cues in the segue.  I hate to split a track in a jam.

Later, Matt Vallo

ChrisF

Re: Where do i put the track marker?
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2003, 10:30:26 pm »
Originally posted by mvallo
I am just about done with the webster show and i am not sure where to track out china cat sunflower > I know you rider?

Would any one be upset if i tracked it when jordans vocals come in on  rider?  I am not sure if there are any specifc cues in the segue.  I hate to split a track in a jam.

Later, Matt Vallo

I split mine 40 seconds before the vocals came in right after the 5 drums rolls. that seemed like the right spot to me.

WALSH

• Mahoney
I would have to hear it again...
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2003, 10:31:50 pm »
but i would say that they were definately into Rider a little while before Jordo began singing...however I don\'t think it would be too awful to just start at the first verse.

"Puppetry" was UNREAL!!!

Love the "Gravity", right from the start.  This one is going to be the next MONSTER.  Cannot wait for the Gravity->Coma->Gravity.

The encore/jam with RAQ was "ser" to say the least...Good to see everyone seeing as how I bitched out on the other weekends festivities...See all ya\'ll this weekend

Hoping to do La Choza>Road>Woodbury>Geraldines...gotta check
the funds tho...out

Imagine whirled peas:)
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2003, 11:06:39 pm »
Originally posted by ChrisF
IAnd was the band that tim sat in with Bunji, or was it Turn It Up? I hit the record button when i saw tim get up on stage and I am going to use it as a filler. I doubt anyone knows the name of the song, but if you do let me know so i can put it in my text file.

Tim sat in with Bunji, and the name of the song was "She".

ChrisF

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2003, 11:25:25 pm »
Originally posted by Drew_Kingsley
Tim sat in with Bunji, and the name of the song was "She".

How did you know that?

mvallo

Where do i put the track marker?
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2003, 07:25:21 am »
I ended up placing a track marker 5:17 before Jordan\'s vocals come in on  I know you rider. there is a slight change in tempo. my wife thought it would go there and she is always right.

I should have bt session running tonight.  Also, i will have to shut down furthur to allocate full resources.

Matt Vallo

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2003, 08:30:57 am »
Originally posted by ChrisF
How did you know that?

I know all sorts of useless shit.  My memory is air-tight when it comes to pointless information... but ask me what I had for breakfast yesterday and I\'ll be stumped.