Author Topic: Introducing: The Official "According to Yoda..." Thread!!!  (Read 17638 times)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
Introducing: The Official "According to Yoda..." Thread!!!
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2009, 05:40:45 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;226788
Paging Patch Adams to the Yoda thread

:lol: I miss that guy!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2009, 05:42:42 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;226127
Quote from: bdfreetuna;225960

I heard PB was at their peak musically in like 1999 can anyone confirm this??

If you\'re trying to bait me into an argument why \'99 was the peak, you\'re barking up the wrong tree...  In my honest opinion, I would say that the band started it\'s peak in \'99 with 4 songs on MTV\'s Undressed and continued through the summer of \'06 when Jordan left the band.  If you\'re looking for a pinnacle, imho, I would have to say that it was March 16, 2004.

I know that they guys have a lot left in the tank, so, once they get the shit righted, they\'ll be back in business...
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2009, 08:33:44 pm »
when you quote it like that Papa, they fit together so perfectly
it must be love
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2009, 03:47:35 pm »
Since I can\'t post possible shows where it should be posted, I\'ll post it here.  MJG\'s site has a couple shows in their schedule that aren\'t posted on .info.  I\'m not sure if these are confirmed, but what the hell....

7/7/09 - Reggies (Chicago, Ill)
7/17-18/09 - The Chafee Gathering (Girard, Penn)
7/31/09 - The Field (Bridgeport, CT)
9/11/09 - Backwoods Pondfest (Peru, NY)

don\'t shoot the messenger if these aren\'t happening.

source: http://www.myspace.com/mjgpro
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2009, 03:33:26 pm »
Since no one reads this thread and it\'s less likely that I will be accused of hijacking a thread, I think that Tim should halt the Beatles A-Z and start the Bruce A-Z.  With the 269 songs of his recorded catalogue, you could easily get five 3-hours shows out of it.

Songs
4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy), 57 Channels (And Nothin\' On), A Good Man Is Hard To Find (Pittsburgh), A Night With The Jersey Devil, Across The Border, Adam Raised A Cain, Ain\'t Got You, All I\'m Thinkin\' About, All Or Nothin\' At All, All That Heaven Will Allow, All The Way Home, American Land, American Skin (41 Shots), Atlantic City, Back In Your Arms, Backstreets, Badlands, Balboa Park, Be True, Because The Night, Better Days, Bishop Danced, Black Cowboys, Blinded By The Light, Blood Brothers, Bobby Jean, Book Of Dreams, Born In The U.S.A., Born To Run, Brilliant Disguise, Bring On The Night, Brothers Under The Bridge, Brothers Under The Bridges (\'83), Cadillac Ranch, Candy\'s Room, Car Wash, Cautious Man, Chimes Of Freedom, Code Of Silence, Countin\' On A Miracle, County Fair, Cover Me, Cross My Heart, Crush On You, Cynthia, Dancing In The Dark, Darkness On the Edge Of Town, Darlington County, Dead Man Walkin\', Devil\'s Arcade, Devils & Dust, Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?, Dollhouse, Don\'t Look Back, Downbound Train, Drive All Night, Dry Lightning, Empty Sky, Factory, Fade Away, Fire, For You, Frankie, From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come), Further On (Up The Road), Galveston Bay, Gave It A Name, Girls In Their Summer Clothes, Give The Girl A Kiss, Gloria\'s Eyes, Glory Days, Goin\' Cali
Good Eye, Growin\' Up, GypsyBiker, Happy, Hearts Of Stone, Held Up Without A Gun, Highway 29, Highway Patrolman, Human Touch, Hungry Heart, I Wanna Be With You, I Wanna Marry You, I Wish I Were Blind, I\'ll Work For Your Love, I\'m A Rocker, I\'m Goin\' Down, I\'m On Fire, Iceman, If I Should Fall Behind, Incident On 57th Street, Independence Day, Into The Fire, It\'s Hard To Be A Saint In The City, Jackson Cage, Janey Don\'t You Lose Heart, Jersey Girl, Jesus Was An Only Son, Johnny 99, Johnny Bye-Bye, Jungleland, Kingdom of Days, Kitty\'s Back, Land Of Hope And Dreams, Last To Die, Leah, Leap Of Faith, Leavin\' Train, Let\'s Be Friends (Skin To Skin), Life Itself, Lift Me Up, Light Of Day, Linda Let Me Be The One, Lion\'s Den, Livin\' In The Future, Living On The Edge Of The World, Living Proof, Local Hero, Lonesome Day, Long Time Comin\', Long Walk Home, Loose Change, Loose Ends, Lost In The Flood, Lucky Man, Lucky Town, Magic, Man At The Top, Man\'s Job, Mansion On The Hill, Maria\'s Bed, Mary Lou, Mary Queen Of Arkansas, Mary\'s Place, Matamoros Banks, Meeting Across The River, Missing, Murder Incorporated, My Beautiful Reward, My Best Was Never Good Enough, My City Of Ruins, My Father\'s House, My Hometown, My Love Will Not Let You Down, My Lover Man, My Lucky Day, Nebraska, New York City Serenade, Night, None But The Brave, No Surrender, Nothing Man, One Step Up, Open All Night, Out In The Street, Outlaw Pete, Over The Rise, Paradise, Paradise By The "C", Part Man, Part Monkey, Pink Cadillac, Point Blank, Pony Boy, Prove It All Night, Queen of the Supermarket, Racing In The Street, Radio Nowhere, Raise Your Hand, Ramrod, Real Man, Real World, Reason To Believe, Red Headed Woman, Rendezvous, Reno, Restless Nights, Ricky Wants A Man Of Her Own, Rockaway The Days, Roll Of The Dice, Rosalita (Come Out Tonight), Roulette, Sad Eyes, Santa Ana, Seaside Bar Song, Secret Garden, Seeds, Seven Angels, She\'s The One, Sherry Darling, Shut Out The Light, Silver Palomino, Sinaloa Cowboys, So Young And In Love, Something In The Night, Soul Driver, Souls Of The Departed, Spare Parts, Spirit In The Night, Stand On It, State Trooper, Stolen Car, Straight Time, Streets Of Fire, Streets Of Philadelphia, Surprise, Surprise, Take \'Em As They Come, Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, Terry\'s Song, The Angel, The Big Muddy, The Big Payback, The E Street Shuffle, The Fever, The Fuse, The Ghost Of Tom Joad, The Hitter, The Honeymooners, The Last Carnival, The Line, The Long Goodbye, The New Timer, The Price You Pay, The Promise, The Promised Land, The Rising, The River, The Ties That Bind, The Wish, The Wrestler, This Hard Land, This Land is Your Land, This Life, Thunder Road, Thundercrack,, Tomorrow Never Knows, Tougher Than The Rest, Trapped, Trouble In Paradise, Trouble River, Tunnel Of Love, TV Movie, Two Faces, Two For The Road, Two Hearts, Used Cars, Valentine\'s Day, Viva Las Vegas, Wages Of Sin, Waitin\' On A Sunny Day, Walk Like A Man, War, What Love Can Do, When The Lights Go Out, When You Need Me, When You\'re Alone, Where The Bands Are, Wild Billy\'s Circus Story, With Every Wish, Working on a Dream, Working On The Highway, Worlds Apart, Wreck On The Highway, You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch), You\'ll Be Comin\' Down, You\'re Missing, Youngstown, Your Own Worst Enemy, Zero And Blind Terry
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2009, 03:37:54 pm »
ugh.....
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2009, 03:48:39 pm »
ugh.....
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2009, 04:51:01 pm »
:vomit2:
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2009, 05:33:56 pm »
:lol:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #204 on: May 11, 2009, 02:36:24 pm »
Getting excited to see bruce in a couple weeks... It\'s the last show in the states before he goes to europe and comes back for a bonarroo show and then heads back to europe... I\'m pretty sure that he\'s going to play jersey girl, but check out some of the gems and covers that he\'s been bringing out lately...

- Proud Mary (CCR)
- Back Luck (Social Distortion)
- I\'m Bad, I\'m Nationwide (ZZ Top)
- I Wanna Be Sedated (The Ramones)
- Wild Thing (The Wild Ones)
- Rockin\' All Over The World (John Fogerty)
- 96 Tears (Question Mark & the Mysterians)
- Mountain of Love (Harold Dorman)
- You Can\'t Sit Down (The Dovells)
- London Calling (The Clash)
- Seventh Son (Willie Dixon)
- Hang On Sloopy (The McCoys)
- Expressway To Your Heart (Soul Survivors)
- You Really Got Me (The Kinks)
- Louie Louie (Richard Berry)
- My Generation (The Who)
- Wooly Bully (Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #205 on: May 11, 2009, 09:27:02 pm »
Most of those songs are cheesier than The Breakfast playing Doors songs.

:duck:
Masturbation in the MFA

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #206 on: May 11, 2009, 10:20:40 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;228303
Since no one reads this thread and it\'s less likely that I will be accused of hijacking a thread, I think that Tim should halt the Beatles A-Z and start the Bruce A-Z.  With the 269 songs of his recorded catalogue, you could easily get five 3-hours shows out of it.

Songs
4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy), 57 Channels (And Nothin\' On), A Good Man Is Hard To Find (Pittsburgh), A Night With The Jersey Devil, Across The Border, Adam Raised A Cain, Ain\'t Got You, All I\'m Thinkin\' About, All Or Nothin\' At All, All That Heaven Will Allow, All The Way Home, American Land, American Skin (41 Shots), Atlantic City, Back In Your Arms, Backstreets, Badlands, Balboa Park, Be True, Because The Night, Better Days, Bishop Danced, Black Cowboys, Blinded By The Light, Blood Brothers, Bobby Jean, Book Of Dreams, Born In The U.S.A., Born To Run, Brilliant Disguise, Bring On The Night, Brothers Under The Bridge, Brothers Under The Bridges (\'83), Cadillac Ranch, Candy\'s Room, Car Wash, Cautious Man, Chimes Of Freedom, Code Of Silence, Countin\' On A Miracle, County Fair, Cover Me, Cross My Heart, Crush On You, Cynthia, Dancing In The Dark, Darkness On the Edge Of Town, Darlington County, Dead Man Walkin\', Devil\'s Arcade, Devils & Dust, Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?, Dollhouse, Don\'t Look Back, Downbound Train, Drive All Night, Dry Lightning, Empty Sky, Factory, Fade Away, Fire, For You, Frankie, From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come), Further On (Up The Road), Galveston Bay, Gave It A Name, Girls In Their Summer Clothes, Give The Girl A Kiss, Gloria\'s Eyes, Glory Days, Goin\' Cali
Good Eye, Growin\' Up, GypsyBiker, Happy, Hearts Of Stone, Held Up Without A Gun, Highway 29, Highway Patrolman, Human Touch, Hungry Heart, I Wanna Be With You, I Wanna Marry You, I Wish I Were Blind, I\'ll Work For Your Love, I\'m A Rocker, I\'m Goin\' Down, I\'m On Fire, Iceman, If I Should Fall Behind, Incident On 57th Street, Independence Day, Into The Fire, It\'s Hard To Be A Saint In The City, Jackson Cage, Janey Don\'t You Lose Heart, Jersey Girl, Jesus Was An Only Son, Johnny 99, Johnny Bye-Bye, Jungleland, Kingdom of Days, Kitty\'s Back, Land Of Hope And Dreams, Last To Die, Leah, Leap Of Faith, Leavin\' Train, Let\'s Be Friends (Skin To Skin), Life Itself, Lift Me Up, Light Of Day, Linda Let Me Be The One, Lion\'s Den, Livin\' In The Future, Living On The Edge Of The World, Living Proof, Local Hero, Lonesome Day, Long Time Comin\', Long Walk Home, Loose Change, Loose Ends, Lost In The Flood, Lucky Man, Lucky Town, Magic, Man At The Top, Man\'s Job, Mansion On The Hill, Maria\'s Bed, Mary Lou, Mary Queen Of Arkansas, Mary\'s Place, Matamoros Banks, Meeting Across The River, Missing, Murder Incorporated, My Beautiful Reward, My Best Was Never Good Enough, My City Of Ruins, My Father\'s House, My Hometown, My Love Will Not Let You Down, My Lover Man, My Lucky Day, Nebraska, New York City Serenade, Night, None But The Brave, No Surrender, Nothing Man, One Step Up, Open All Night, Out In The Street, Outlaw Pete, Over The Rise, Paradise, Paradise By The "C", Part Man, Part Monkey, Pink Cadillac, Point Blank, Pony Boy, Prove It All Night, Queen of the Supermarket, Racing In The Street, Radio Nowhere, Raise Your Hand, Ramrod, Real Man, Real World, Reason To Believe, Red Headed Woman, Rendezvous, Reno, Restless Nights, Ricky Wants A Man Of Her Own, Rockaway The Days, Roll Of The Dice, Rosalita (Come Out Tonight), Roulette, Sad Eyes, Santa Ana, Seaside Bar Song, Secret Garden, Seeds, Seven Angels, She\'s The One, Sherry Darling, Shut Out The Light, Silver Palomino, Sinaloa Cowboys, So Young And In Love, Something In The Night, Soul Driver, Souls Of The Departed, Spare Parts, Spirit In The Night, Stand On It, State Trooper, Stolen Car, Straight Time, Streets Of Fire, Streets Of Philadelphia, Surprise, Surprise, Take \'Em As They Come, Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, Terry\'s Song, The Angel, The Big Muddy, The Big Payback, The E Street Shuffle, The Fever, The Fuse, The Ghost Of Tom Joad, The Hitter, The Honeymooners, The Last Carnival, The Line, The Long Goodbye, The New Timer, The Price You Pay, The Promise, The Promised Land, The Rising, The River, The Ties That Bind, The Wish, The Wrestler, This Hard Land, This Land is Your Land, This Life, Thunder Road, Thundercrack,, Tomorrow Never Knows, Tougher Than The Rest, Trapped, Trouble In Paradise, Trouble River, Tunnel Of Love, TV Movie, Two Faces, Two For The Road, Two Hearts, Used Cars, Valentine\'s Day, Viva Las Vegas, Wages Of Sin, Waitin\' On A Sunny Day, Walk Like A Man, War, What Love Can Do, When The Lights Go Out, When You Need Me, When You\'re Alone, Where The Bands Are, Wild Billy\'s Circus Story, With Every Wish, Working on a Dream, Working On The Highway, Worlds Apart, Wreck On The Highway, You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch), You\'ll Be Comin\' Down, You\'re Missing, Youngstown, Your Own Worst Enemy, Zero And Blind Terry

Wow, first show out of the gate sets up perfectly for Born In The USA closer and Born to Run encore.  Epic.  This has to happen.  Debloc, you\'re the lead singer for this shit.  Get the DBB horn section out of mothballs and get Tim in some torn jeans and a sleeveless vest and let\'s DO THIS SHIT!!!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #207 on: May 11, 2009, 10:26:58 pm »
I know that you\'re obviously joking...  Bigman = Wolfman...

That being said, I just pissed off a couple of friends because I told them that I didn\'t like Slightly Stoopid.  They\'ve been raving about these guys so I grabbed a show off of archive... To me, it sounded like new SKA with a couple white guys doing a poor reggae imitation.  I listened to the whole show (after wanting to turn it off several time during) and gave a critique and man, you\'d think that I came out and said that Elvis or The Beatles sucked...  Anyone else have any thoughts on these guys?

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2009, 08:31:57 am »
Wow, first show out of the gate sets up perfectly for Born In The USA closer and Born to Run encore. Epic. This has to happen. Debloc, you\'re the lead singer for this shit. Get the DBB horn section out of mothballs and get Tim in some torn jeans and a sleeveless vest and let\'s DO THIS SHIT!!!

fuck no!
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2009, 09:01:00 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;230077
Wow, first show out of the gate sets up perfectly for Born In The USA closer and Born to Run encore.  Epic.  This has to happen.  Debloc, you\'re the lead singer for this shit.  Get the DBB horn section out of mothballs and get Tim in some torn jeans and a sleeveless vest and let\'s DO THIS SHIT!!!

Wolf - why did you ever "even jokingly" say this is a good idea?  Now my head is spinning with unrealistic possibilities; more than likely a lot of people vomiting in their pint glasses.  But, if it really happened, this is what I think the set would look like if you were averaging around 30 songs a night (8 shows)

First Night

Set
4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy), 57 Channels (And Nothin\' On), A Good Man Is Hard To Find (Pittsburgh), A Night With The Jersey Devil, Across The Border, Adam Raised A Cain, Ain\'t Got You, All I\'m Thinkin\' About, All Or Nothin\' At All, All That Heaven Will Allow, All The Way Home, American Land, American Skin (41 Shots), Atlantic City, Back In Your Arms, Backstreets, Badlands, Balboa Park, Be True, Because The Night, Better Days, Bishop Danced, Black Cowboys, Blinded By The Light, Blood Brothers

Encore
Bobby Jean, Book Of Dreams, Born In The U.S.A., Born To Run

Second Night

Set
Brilliant Disguise, Bring On The Night, Brothers Under The Bridge, Brothers Under The Bridges (\'83), Cadillac Ranch, Candy\'s Room, Car Wash, Cautious Man, Chimes Of Freedom, Code Of Silence, Countin\' On A Miracle, County Fair, Cover Me, Cross My Heart, Crush On You, Cynthia, Dancing In The Dark, Darkness On the Edge Of Town, Darlington County, Dead Man Walkin\', Devil\'s Arcade, Devils & Dust, Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?, Dollhouse, Don\'t Look Back, Downbound Train, Drive All Night, Dry Lightning, Empty Sky, Factory, Fade Away, Fire,

Encore
For You, Frankie, From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come)

Third Night

Set
Further On (Up The Road), Galveston Bay, Gave It A Name, Girls In Their Summer Clothes, Give The Girl A Kiss, Gloria\'s Eyes, Glory Days, Goin\' Cali, Good Eye, Growin\' Up, GypsyBiker, Happy, Hearts Of Stone, Held Up Without A Gun, Highway 29, Highway Patrolman, Human Touch, Hungry Heart, I Wanna Be With You, I Wanna Marry You, I Wish I Were Blind, I\'ll Work For Your Love, I\'m A Rocker, I\'m Goin\' Down, I\'m On Fire, Iceman, If I Should Fall Behind, Incident On 57th Street, Independence Day, Into The Fire, It\'s Hard To Be A Saint In The City,

Encore
Jackson Cage, Janey Don\'t You Lose Heart, Jersey Girl

Fourth Night

Set
Jesus Was An Only Son, Johnny 99, Johnny Bye-Bye, Jungleland, Kingdom of Days, Kitty\'s Back, Land Of Hope And Dreams, Last To Die, Leah, Leap Of Faith, Leavin\' Train, Let\'s Be Friends (Skin To Skin), Life Itself, Lift Me Up, Light Of Day, Linda Let Me Be The One, Lion\'s Den, Livin\' In The Future, Living On The Edge Of The World, Living Proof, Local Hero, Lonesome Day, Long Time Comin\', Long Walk Home, Loose Change, Loose Ends, Lost In The Flood, Lucky Man, Lucky Town, Magic,

Encore
Man At The Top, Man\'s Job, Mansion On The Hill, Maria\'s Bed, Mary Lou, Mary Queen Of Arkansas, Mary\'s Place

Fifth Night

Set
Matamoros Banks, Meeting Across The River, Missing, Murder Incorporated, My Beautiful Reward, My Best Was Never Good Enough, My City Of Ruins, My Father\'s House, My Hometown, My Love Will Not Let You Down, My Lover Man, My Lucky Day, Nebraska, New York City Serenade, Night, None But The Brave, No Surrender, Nothing Man, One Step Up, Open All Night, Out In The Street, Outlaw Pete, Over The Rise, Paradise, Paradise By The "C", Part Man, Part Monkey, Pink Cadillac, Point Blank, Pony Boy, Prove It All Night,

Encore
Queen of the Supermarket, Racing In The Street, Radio Nowhere, Raise Your Hand, Ramrod

Sixth Night

Set
Real Man, Real World, Reason To Believe, Red Headed Woman, Rendezvous, Reno, Restless Nights, Ricky Wants A Man Of Her Own, Rockaway The Days, Roll Of The Dice, Rosalita (Come Out Tonight), Roulette, Sad Eyes, Santa Ana, Seaside Bar Song, Secret Garden, Seeds, Seven Angels, She\'s The One, Sherry Darling, Shut Out The Light, Silver Palomino, Sinaloa Cowboys, So Young And In Love, Something In The Night, Soul Driver, Souls Of The Departed, Spare Parts, Spirit In The Night, Stand On It,

Encore
State Trooper, Stolen Car, Straight Time, Streets Of Fire, Streets Of Philadelphia

Seventh Night

Set
Surprise, Surprise, Take \'Em As They Come, Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, Terry\'s Song, The Angel, The Big Muddy, The Big Payback, The E Street Shuffle, The Fever, The Fuse, The Ghost Of Tom Joad, The Hitter, The Honeymooners, The Last Carnival, The Line, The Long Goodbye, The New Timer, The Price You Pay, The Promise, The Promised Land, The Rising, The River, The Ties That Bind, The Wish, The Wrestler, This Hard Land, This Land is Your Land, This Life,

Encore
Thunder Road, Thundercrack, Tomorrow Never Knows, Tougher Than The Rest, Trapped

Eught Night

Set
Trouble In Paradise, Trouble River, Tunnel Of Love, TV Movie, Two Faces, Two For The Road, Two Hearts, Used Cars, Valentine\'s Day, Viva Las Vegas, Wages Of Sin, Waitin\' On A Sunny Day, Walk Like A Man, War, What Love Can Do, When The Lights Go Out, When You Need Me, When You\'re Alone, Where The Bands Are, Wild Billy\'s Circus Story, With Every Wish, Working on a Dream, Working On The Highway, Worlds Apart, Wreck On The Highway, You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch),

Encore
You\'ll Be Comin\' Down, You\'re Missing, Youngstown, Your Own Worst Enemy, Zero And Blind Terry

Encore 2
Detroit Medley, Twist & Shout