Author Topic: Venues you think The Breakfast should play at, and what\'s up with that?  (Read 4541 times)

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
Venues you think The Breakfast should play at, and what\'s up with that?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 02:40:16 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;271875
Quote from: phish4breakfast;271874
THE WORKSHOP

Mystic, CT... If half of you devoted Bfam fans would make it out I know plenty of people from around the area would love to check it out. Lots of big music fans there.

http://themysticworkshop.com/

i\'d like to see them go there and do 90 minutes of live improv with some ser light show on the wall behind them. i think it can be rented out by bands pretty easily. plus, the music fans that would go to check it out are very young and probably have a hard time making it to anything that\'s 21+ (or in a lot of cases 18+)

I have a buddy who works there I am going to bring it up to him and see what would have to be done. Fall is right around the corner and it would be a great time to open the door to new fans for this almighty foursome

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 09:23:15 am »
THE WORKSHOP

Mystic, CT... If half of you devoted Bfam fans would make it out I know plenty of people from around the area would love to check it out. Lots of big music fans there.

cant even get half CT breakfast fans to Toads place on a Saturday night...How do you expect to get them to Mystic CT???????
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 09:50:52 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;271894
THE WORKSHOP

cant even get half CT breakfast fans to Toads place on a Saturday night...How do you expect to get them to Mystic CT???????

i think the workshop is (correct me if i\'m wrong p4b) the only all ages venue in the area. steve, you\'re right. a lot of "CT breakfast fans" wouldn\'t make the trip (although some would). but i bet a bunch of under-agers (read: potential fans) with nothing to do would be happy to come and rage.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 11:26:25 am »
what Zuke said,

also Toads Place got a pretty good turnout last time, and usually Breakfast does well enough there. Sure a lot of the faces we saw on a regular basis 5 years ago aren\'t there anymore, but there\'s a lot of new fans most of us probably just haven\'t met yet.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 11:41:14 am »
THE WORKSHOP

typical the world revolves around new haven response.  mystic would shave an hour off of my commute, so bring it on.  I also wouldn\'t mind seeing them at the 11s in NoHo either.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 01:00:25 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;271897
what Zuke said,

also Toads Place got a pretty good turnout last time, and usually Breakfast does well enough there. Sure a lot of the faces we saw on a regular basis 5 years ago aren\'t there anymore, but there\'s a lot of new fans most of us probably just haven\'t met yet.

200 people on a saturday night at Toads is most definitely NOT a pretty good turnout...
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 01:51:20 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;271902
what Zuke said,

200 people on a saturday night at Toads is most definitely NOT a pretty good turnout...

Obviously the band should be playing to bigger audiences wherever they go.

But 200 people is well above the "ser dewww!" threshold. In N0ho, Albany, Boston, Newmarket, Burlington this would be considered a good turnout. Most of the venues they play don\'t hold many more people than that.

Toad\'s is just bigger so it takes more folks to make it look full. But we know just because a show is in New Haven doesn\'t mean to expect a better turnout.

Guess I\'ve been to enough shows where it seemed like no more than 50 people were there for the band.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 06:21:07 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;271903
Quote from: Stephengencs;271902
what Zuke said,

Obviously the band should be playing to bigger audiences wherever they go.

But 200 people is well above the "ser dewww!" threshold. In N0ho, Albany, Boston, Newmarket, Burlington this would be considered a good turnout. Most of the venues they play don\'t hold many more people than that.

Toad\'s is just bigger so it takes more folks to make it look full. But we know just because a show is in New Haven doesn\'t mean to expect a better turnout.

Guess I\'ve been to enough shows where it seemed like no more than 50 people were there for the band.

Errr......the breakfast has been trudging along for like 13 years now......The passion that the new wave of fans has is great to see, and probably the only thing keeping this band booking gigs.....but 200 at toads in their 13th year is a deeeeew anyway you slice it.......and again...this is just my opinion on a matter relating to great friends and one of my favorite bands of all time....

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 05:17:00 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;271895
THE WORKSHOP

i think the workshop is (correct me if i\'m wrong p4b) the only all ages venue in the area. steve, you\'re right. a lot of "CT breakfast fans" wouldn\'t make the trip (although some would). but i bet a bunch of under-agers (read: potential fans) with nothing to do would be happy to come and rage.

It is definitely one of the very few options I\'ve seen in southern CT that I don\'t have to bust my ass trying to get in. This has become my new goal with all the 21 + shows being posted

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 08:09:19 pm »
get it done!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 09:17:33 am »
I was at a Place last night made for Kung Fu.

The Hiro Ballroom in NYC. The place looks like a kung fu movie inside. Nice stage, big dance floor, 3 bars, tables / booths off to one side. couches and booths upstairs bar area. Paper lanterns light the place, they have a dragon head above the stage that breaths smoke over the band / crowd.

cool place. All ages I\'m almost positive.

Was there last night for the Voice Of the Wetlands Allstars. Place was packed. It is a little expensive tho $8- $10 per drink. looks like they were serving food as well. It is on 9th Av between 16th and 17th and there are a ton of good restaurants with in a 2 block radius.

"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19