Author Topic: Venues you think The Breakfast should play at, and what\'s up with that?  (Read 4542 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
In Northampton we have mostly an Eric Sewer monopoly of shitty venues (Iron Horse, Pearl Street, Calvin, Look Park, Mountain Park, The Basement)

but there are alternatives.

The Elevens is a pretty decent club, and I recently saw DPR (Danny Pease and the Regulators) play there and I\'d say the crowd was maybe 100 people but I\'m sure they could fit 200 people into the joint, which gives it a similar capacity to Iron Horse. Much chiller venue overall, way less bullshit, better bar as well. It\'s also downtown Northampton.

http://www.elevensmusic.com/

Bishop\'s Lounge is also a decent club, and for example I\'ve seen Dopapod and Jimkata play there. Similar capacity to The Elevens, could maybe hold 200 people. There\'s a nice lounge area in the back, a very nice bar with a great selection, and a nice 3rd story balcony porch hangout. This venue is basically the 3rd floor above Pearl Street. Very chill vibe, no bullshit, decent stage.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bishops-Lounge/51017312195

If The Breakfast booked either of these venues they\'d pack \'em in like sardines, but that would probably be just what either of these clubs are looking for. ~200 person draw or so in Northampton would be the expected turnout anyway, so these would be perfect.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

peaches626

Venues you think The Breakfast should play at, and what\'s up with that?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 03:14:03 pm »
My venue-

I got a living room with one three-seater couch, and 2 (two) two-seaters. There is a big screen tv that I could move out of the way to make room for Adrians mini-kit.  There are neighbors to the south, but they definitely don\'t want the cops around, so don\'t worry about noise complaints!!  For a green room I can offer my kitchen- it\'s kinda small, and smells like 2 week old raw chicken guts in the trash, but there will be a heady tapestry hanging in the doorway for privacy.  Poophead (beserker) will provide security, but only if he accepts as payment a Stop n Shop bag of empty High Life cans.  (He will.)

Sounds like a dream show, amirite?

The reason I have as much a chance of booking a show as these other venues-

$$$$$$$$
taints rule, gypsies drool!

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 03:14:33 pm »
It\'s talk like this that will keep the band going.
It\'s all up to the interest behind The Breakfast. No interest, no band.
I\'d like to see them do a national Hooters tour. They all should dress in Hooters outfits also.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:17:28 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

JHamel

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 03:44:44 pm »
You guys ever heard of Positive Pie in Montpelier, VT?  They just rearranged the room so there is a pretty sweet stage and dance area.  Devil Makes Three and Inspekta Dek are the most notable names to go through there in the past 4 months, but the Breakfast would just rip that place up.  Maybe a Higher Ground>Nectars>Positive Pie> mini tour through VT to wake up all these college kids and sleepy vermonters, we are jonesing for the Breakfast.
"The crux of the biscuit, is the apostrophe."

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 09:16:37 pm »
Quote from: JHamel;271742
You guys ever heard of Positive Pie in Montpelier, VT?  They just rearranged the room so there is a pretty sweet stage and dance area.  Devil Makes Three and Inspekta Dek are the most notable names to go through there in the past 4 months, but the Breakfast would just rip that place up.  Maybe a Higher Ground>Nectars>Positive Pie> mini tour through VT to wake up all these college kids and sleepy vermonters, we are jonesing for the Breakfast.

sounds like a good time!
the thought of an Inspectah Deck show in hetty ass vermont boggles my already boggled mind... :inky:
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 09:51:23 pm »
Kung Fu and The Breakfast:::: Jillian\'s and Red Square in Albany. Caroline Street in Saratoga... In Schenectady there is The Van lesbian. I\'m also down for some Burlington shows, or anything festie/camping related within a 4 hour radius of New Haven. ;) ~~~2 cents
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 11:44:01 am »
Montage Music Hall and/or Dubland Underground in Rochester, NY
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 11:53:34 am »
anywhere in western ma
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 12:19:32 pm »
your basement.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 12:28:27 pm »
I understand the reason for this thread, but if there is a local venue you think the breakfast would kill it at, take that extra step and go to the venue and talk to them about booking the breakfast.  its not all that hard, esp with venues they\'ve played at before.  be the ball.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 02:09:19 pm »
well, if the band would say "sure we\'d play that joint"

or if their booking agent would say, "that might not be a bad idea"

the ball might roll ?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 05:19:43 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;271803
well, if the band would say "sure we\'d play that joint"

or if their booking agent would say, "that might not be a bad idea"

the ball might roll ?

ok then, speak directly to the band then.  all i\'m saying is if we as a group want to see more breakfast shows then we can\'t just passively make suggestions.  look at bonzo, look at the providence gig coming up, these were spawned by breakfast fans going a little further than just saying \'hey, it\'d be cool if the breakfast played where i want them to some day.\'

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 11:00:24 pm »
That\'s a good point, Igzy. And I might mention it next time I talk to someone in the band.

But at the same time, they\'re gonna do what they want to do. They can possibly read this thread and think there is a good idea or two, but I\'m sure there\'s plenty of factors in regards to whether or not the band is going to start playing the prime markets/areas more regularly and at different venues again.

So I guess it\'s mostly just something to talk about.

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 10:42:37 am »
THE WORKSHOP

Mystic, CT... If half of you devoted Bfam fans would make it out I know plenty of people from around the area would love to check it out. Lots of big music fans there.

http://themysticworkshop.com/

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 11:31:49 am »
Quote from: phish4breakfast;271874
THE WORKSHOP

Mystic, CT... If half of you devoted Bfam fans would make it out I know plenty of people from around the area would love to check it out. Lots of big music fans there.

http://themysticworkshop.com/

i\'d like to see them go there and do 90 minutes of live improv with some ser light show on the wall behind them. i think it can be rented out by bands pretty easily. plus, the music fans that would go to check it out are very young and probably have a hard time making it to anything that\'s 21+ (or in a lot of cases 18+)
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor