Author Topic: Breakfast needs to play ALL AGES shows!  (Read 2601 times)

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Breakfast needs to play ALL AGES shows!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 12:33:52 am »
play fucking colleges. nuff said.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 08:16:58 am »
ser.  how many LONG TERM lasting fans heard them first at umass back in the day?  college students are still defining their musical tastes and are often close to making the long term decisions about what it is they listen to.  fertile ground for bands.
Postcount +1.

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 08:28:31 am »
i don\'t understand why they have given up on uconn. there is a "heady" bar here that other bands such as the indobox and otherwise have both played so it\'s not like it\'s too small or too shitty for the band. it would not be difficult at all to book a show.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 08:34:00 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;226648
Quote from: bdfreetuna;226604

Iron Horse is a pretty well respected and historical venue. Yes it has a bar. Not only was it filled but there were probably a couple or few dozen people downstairs trippin out and another couple dozen people outside dancing in the rain.

Ummm...which Iron Horse show were you at?  9/14/01???  The show on Friday was half full.  50%.  1/2.  Could\'ve had another 150 people in there.

They\'re a bar band.  They play Sully\'s, Mill Street Brews, Middle East Upstairs, and Daniel Street.  And now they have a show at Tommy D\'s in Westfield, MA a townie bar in MA\'s #1 townie town.  (Look at their "website" which is only a myspace page.)  Bar band.  It\'s okay.  

I\'m in favor of more all ages shows, sure.  It always sucked when I was under 21 and couldn\'t go.

Quote from: Yoda;226607
I\'d hope that they are not winding down, but while there has been an influx of interest in more shows, the number of shows has dropped drastically:

Jan - 2 shows (6 shows from historical average)
Feb - 3 shows (9 shows from historical average)
Mar - 4 shows (14 shows from historical average)
Apr - 4 shows planned (13 shows from historical average)

I\'m no mathematician, but that\'s a 200% drop off in shows in my book...

Yup, no mathematician, let me help with that.  If something drops 200%, it is exactly negative of what it previously was.  There aren\'t many things that can do this, but say Tiger Woods shoots 3 over par one day and 3 under par the next.  His par score would have dropped 200%.  

If something drops 100%, it is at 0.  If a stock is worth $15 today and is worth $0 a year from now, then it dropped 100% in that year.  Actually, regardless of what the stock is worth, it is down 100% if and only if it reaches a value of $0.

If The Breakfast averages 42 shows Jan-Apr (x), then plays 13 shows Jan-Apr 2009 (y), then the change from the average is -29 shows, or -69%.  ((x-y)/x)*100

That was my problem - I was getting the number way of this equation ((x-y)/y)*100... My bad.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 08:53:06 am »
It\'s anybody\'s bad who tries to make this thread about maths.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

bassist4aday2

• headie brah
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 12:13:58 pm »
yea stonewall is where its at. but i am def not down for younger age shows. There were a bunch of highschoolers at the noho show and they acted like a bunch of fucking retards that i wanted to punch: Throwing shit, asking for free **** hits, falling all over the place, throwing beverage at the band, etc. It is uneeded.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 12:27:02 pm »
No new fans = more aging fans = smaller fanbase over time.  You choose...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 12:27:21 pm »
Quote from: bassist4aday2;226719
yea stonewall is where its at. but i am def not down for younger age shows. There were a bunch of highschoolers at the noho show and they acted like a bunch of fucking retards that i wanted to punch: Throwing shit, asking for free **** hits, falling all over the place, throwing beverage at the band, etc. It is uneeded.

that sounds awful. damn kids and their music.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 01:16:38 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;226725
Quote from: bassist4aday2;226719

As long as they stay off my lawn...
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 02:54:54 pm »
i know just as many old people who act like that at shows!
Postcount +1.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 03:08:18 pm »
For real its not like I wanted glow stick juice on my ballin hoodie but I\'ll take that over an empty house any day.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 04:00:31 pm »
if anyone is still interested...here is the page that sidesteps the first password page and will allow you to buy tix

http://event.etix.com/ticket/online/frontDoor.jsp?performance_id=967446&cobrand=fenway&language=en&country=US

you still have to enter the FENPHISH password on the page you enter in your CC info.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

bassist4aday2

• headie brah
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 04:08:30 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;226767
i know just as many old people who act like that at shows!

yea they are called retards

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 04:08:59 pm »
NickNels I don\'t have CC in hand but when I get home in an hour.... so if I go through this and buy tix and type in FENPHISH its a done deal?? Or is this lottery?

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 04:21:18 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;226796
NickNels I don\'t have CC in hand but when I get home in an hour.... so if I go through this and buy tix and type in FENPHISH its a done deal?? Or is this lottery?

sorry.   I guess the password doesn\'t work on the second page.  It gets you to the screen where you enter in the CC info, but it says the pass is invalid, but it might be worth a try

Good Luck
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."