Author Topic: [LMA] Breakfast 2010-10-29 The Iron Horse, Northampton, MA  (Read 3274 times)

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
[LMA] Breakfast 2010-10-29 The Iron Horse, Northampton, MA
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 11:19:37 pm »
Also note that you can download 6 files simultaneously on the LMA.  If you click 7 at once, the 7th will automatically start when one of the first 6 finish.  However, downloads occasionally/rarely freeze and must be restarted.  [I am using the google chrome browser, I\'d guess that other browsers would behave the same way.]

A one-click option for the flacs, md5, and txt files would be nice, even with restricted download speeds.  Downloading each of the many individual files and putting them in a folder is an unnecessary waste of our times.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:21:50 pm by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

santropez

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 11:30:58 pm »
Quote from: tmn8r1;262564
Are there any pictures from The Freakout?

also how do i download this in one shot instead of individual? i don\'t see the link.

i have a bunch.  i\'ll upload them now

err i guess i don\'t have as many as i thought but i\'m putting em on facebook.  definitely have a bunch of drunk before and after show pictures.  was dancin too much during the show but got a good couple dozen of the band:) and thanks to garrett too
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:30:58 pm by santropez »

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 10:26:03 pm »
is that an \'almost a fuck your face\' tease at 11:00 into gbfbits???

probably not, but it caught my ear as an, \'really, is tim gonna do that?!.... nope!! lol"

Branch

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 08:31:40 am »
I noticed on some old archive.org recordings that the viewer numbers are in the thousands, some over 10000.
Are these real numbers and if so how did that happen?

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 09:21:21 am »
it\'s not as impressive as it looks actually.  The views are calculated via clocked impressions.  That means that if user x logs in and downloads an entire show he leaves one impression.  If user x comes back later and streams one song he again leaves one impression.  So one dude with one  IP address could leave quite a high number of views.

There has been some talk on the LMA boards of fixing it to calculate via unique IP impressions but no one cares enough to go back and fix tens of thousands of data fields.

On another note, don\'t be so surprised.  The Breakfast rocks.  People wanna hear it.  Rage on brotha.

ChrisF

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 09:22:26 am »
Yes it\'s real. The breakfast have over 2.35 million downloads total. The most downloaded show is the 14 below show from July 2004\'with over 66,000 downloads. It happened over time because the breakfast is awesome!

Ok so it\'s an estimate. But I think it\'s pretty accurate. The most downloaded shows over the last week has around 30 downloads and that sounds about right to me
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:57:33 am by ChrisF »

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 11:01:08 am »
Don\'t be so surprised brother! Melting faces and blowing out speakers since 1998! This has happened because the music you guys create is amazing. Is, has been, and will be!

Quote from: cannontrip;262630
Also note that you can download 6 files simultaneously on the LMA.  If you click 7 at once, the 7th will automatically start when one of the first 6 finish.  However, downloads occasionally/rarely freeze and must be restarted.  [I am using the google chrome browser, I\'d guess that other browsers would behave the same way.]

A one-click option for the flacs, md5, and txt files would be nice, even with restricted download speeds.  Downloading each of the many individual files and putting them in a folder is an unnecessary waste of our times.

The LMA would prefer it if you did d/l the files one at a time. I think it taxes their servers less or something like that. With downthemall! you can set it to d/l one at a time, and it starts the next file immediately after the first one finishes. Of course, one can always d/l as many as they want at a time, but I very rarely experience a freeze this way. :shrug:

Setting up the filter was a little tricky for me, but once you have it set up, you tell it which folder to put everything in, and away you go. Mine automatically picks the flacs/shns and the text file, because that is all I usually need to grab :biggrin:

I just felt the need for a little clarification on my part. I looked at my previous post and it seemed a bit vague. If anyone cares!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:01:08 am by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Branch

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 11:13:49 am »
66000 dl,s... that\'s a lot. No comments though witch is strange.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 01:41:01 pm »
hard to say much with a melted face
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

tpalms4prez

• :banwpoa:
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 03:14:36 am »
my thoughts Exactly