Author Topic: Daily Show just flat out ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3207 times)

Whathefunk

Daily Show just flat out ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 02:39:11 am »
u know what i totally forgot that kilborn was the original host, jon stewart has really taken that show to a new level.  I am a kilborn fan though, even if he is a west coast douche.  His late night talk show was great for a while, and for a point i wasn\'t even watching conan as it felt like he was getting repetative.  Kilborn\'s role in Old School is classic imo...

Ok. Good talk. I\'ll see you out there.

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
Daily Show just flat out ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 10:31:07 am »
it\'s a fake news show. real news shows have several stories a day that mention or feature bush. so does the fake news show. its format as much as anything else. then you add in that bush is an inarguably inept president and some hungry comedy writers working for a fake news show, and voila! great tv!

he does, however, talk about a lot of other things besides bush. this entire week has focused on the "debate" between intelligent design and evolution being taught in schools. he\'s had guests from every perspective on, and he is constantly striving to have them best express themselves. they did a panel interview which then had to be edited to fit on tv. what i noticed was that they really did edit out everything but the guests\' most salient and eloquent points. they didn\'t bias it at all, it presented everyone best arguement and let you decide.

what i really like, is that unlike so many shows, when he has a guest on, he doesn\'t assume they\'re wrong because he\'s already got his mind up, he actually gives his guest full respect, no matter how wacky they might be.constrast that with some of the "real" news shows out there, and it seems like an intelligent alternative....

plus its funny as hell!