Author Topic: New Haven Restaurant Week; New Haven, CT  (Read 2876 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
New Haven Restaurant Week; New Haven, CT
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 01:31:30 pm »
From The Breakfast Facebook Page:

Members:
Tim Palmieri - Guitar - Lead Vocals
Ron Spears - Bass - Vocals
Matt Oestreicher - Keyboards - Vocals
Adrian Tramontano - Drums - Vocals
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 01:39:39 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;256162

Members:

the current breakfast facebook page has the current lineup and a lot more fans and a correct (?) events page. i suggest everybody join (if they haven\'t already)
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 12:44:03 am »
i had a great time downtown.....bottom line!

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 02:45:04 am »
Quote from: Spacey;256145
Quote from: galenas;256141
Quote from: Spacey;256130
Quote from: NickNels;256125
What happened to the cold hard truth Spacey just laid down?

I took the high road and said fuck it then deleted it.

would love to hear this piece of wisdom.

Its pretty simple. How long has Tim know about this gig? Why are you waiting till the last minute to ask people to promote it.

The Breakfast\'s strategy towards promotion is fucking embarrassing. Its the most important asking of the business and these guys give minimal if any effort at all. Getting on stage and playing is the easiest part of their job. So, fuck these last minute requests to help these fucking guys out.

Promote weeks in advance not hours. Its a stupid request you put up, one I find insulting.

The band and its members need to start putting in a lot more fucking effort into the promotion of the Breakfast or at least have the fucking balls to tell the fanbase that this band is done. The writing is on the wall. This board is beyond stale, when was the last time the Breakfast put an album out? I just became a fan of the band on Facebook. Are you fucking serious? Its insulting to think that they deserve any of my hard earned money.

More time and energy is spent on side projects then the actual band. I don\'t give a fuck about helping Tim solo or Kung Fu or any of those other bands. Personally, I believe Tim should be out on the street handing out his own fucking fliers. I have a feeling this gig was more about money than exposure because it is probably the stupidest thing I ever heard of. Play music in traffic. If you want to be a street musician, go to New York. If you are getting paid, then fuck promoting it.

I hear where you\'re coming from spacey.  I\'ve only been around here for a year or so; but I can tell there quite a few people (fans) who have put a lot of their time & energy into this band ($, promotion, etc.).  However, I also can imagine some of the band\'s perspective, since they also have put forth great effort.  After working thru years of diminishing profits and lineup changes, the only real motivator is fun and enjoyment.  I absolutely agree that The Breakfast could do things differently and make more money/draw bigger crowds; but I think they are in it mostly for the thrill of playing great music at this point.  In my opinion/experience, if the band is having fun, the audience is having fun, and vice versa.

Of course I should state that I\'ve never been in a band, and only recently got into Breakfast, and modern live music in general, within the past few years.  So there is probably a number of things I\'m not yet aware of... Just trying to say that I think we should let these things go their course... but it also wouldn\'t be a bad idea to give the old school (not me) breakfast heads something special (a la family jam or vip show).

I just wish the Breakfast and all related bands & side projects had loot to tour the nation (including more local shows for me!)
♥♫∞

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 09:23:27 am »
Tim put the Bulldog back in Bulldog Week!  hellz yeah! Donkey Kong! thanks Duane for putting the spirit into the sidewalk!  :D

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 10:45:41 am »
Quote from: galenas;256147
fuck it, dude. let\'s go bowling.

love the big lebowski reference.  kudos.

Quote from: oldnewbie;256161
i don\'t disagree with any of that....except maybe calling out galenas who\'s only trying to help.

^^ yeah.  diana is doing the best that she can as a one woman moderator/promoter/generally all around good person. seriously.  hats off. i see no one else helping her. show the girl some respect.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:46:19 am by SkyePrizm »

LBoogie

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 12:29:18 pm »
whatever happened to just going to musical events for the sheer joy of just being there?  most of the time i go to shows and its a last minute thing....never planned.  i find out day of and either take the ride or dont.......but usually i do.....and i dont really care how exactly i find out about it....i just go cuz i love it!!!!  weather it be tim solo, the breakfast, or any other band of musicians i believe in. i mean come on.....lets give the guys a break.  they work so hard to create and play the music we as fans love to hear, so if there isn\'t time left at the end of the day for promo is it really that big a deal?    give it up.

Quote from: ulee;256214
Tim put the Bulldog back in Bulldog Week!  hellz yeah! Donkey Kong! thanks Duane for putting the spirit into the sidewalk!  :D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:29:18 pm by LBoogie »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 02:00:03 pm »
No, its a great idea for Tim who is an exceptional and talented guitarist to sit on a corner and play cover songs.

Great fucking strategy!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 02:56:39 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;256233
No, its a great idea for Tim who is an exceptional and talented guitarist to sit on a corner and play cover songs.

Great fucking strategy!

wellllll if yale did book him....and they liked what they saw, it could lead to other yale gigs and they do a lot of secret stuff we in the general public probably don\'t know about where they need entertainment,  like fundraisers at the art galleries, etc. etc.    so i mean, you never know. just saying.  they aren\'t a bad place to have your name in a rolodex at. i just think they could have put him a better locale.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:58:53 pm by SkyePrizm »

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 04:16:43 pm »
bottom line, going and listening to tim on the street was a blast.  

great music + good weather + excellent company always = a win in my book

as a local small business, i do whatever jobs i can to get in with yale.  and when shoreline piano does a good job, it always leads to more.  getting in with them is smart business for anyone, store, musician, what ev.  

personally i applaud any organization that puts live music outside for the public to enjoy.  kudos to new haven, yale, restaurant week, and all of the musicians on all of the corners over the last few days.  it is things like this that create a richness of life for those who choose to experience it and creates a musical and cultural identity for a city.  fun stuff like this should not just be limited to arts and ideas during the summer.  do it more and more people will pay attention.  

Quote from: LBoogie;256230
i just go cuz i love it!!!!  weather it be tim solo, the breakfast, or any other band of musicians i believe in.

:that:  100 f\'n %

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 05:10:25 pm »
spaceman dirzus=on fire.
i cant say i disagree with anything he says either.
ive become a nonexistant fan of the band the past few years and i could be happier.
sure,i hope they make it(whatever making it really is),but honestly im not losing sleep over it either way.
its been a mickeymouse operation since day uno and for folks to think it would ever be any different is beyond me.
what i recommend is the 4 guys sit down and actually discuss what the fuck theyre doing and what theyre trying to do.
seems to me like its a lost cause.
that being said,some of the best years of my life were spent with the band.
moments ill never forget(or remember)..
it saddens me to see them over 10 years in and still running around in circles.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 05:37:55 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;256164
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;256162

Members:

the current breakfast facebook page has the current lineup and a lot more fans and a correct (?) events page. i suggest everybody join (if they haven\'t already)
where is the place to join?>facebook dummy
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 06:47:28 pm »
^ mr. peters, you are already a fan!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 08:20:59 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;256245
spaceman dirzus=on fire.
i cant say i disagree with anything he says either.
ive become a nonexistant fan of the band the past few years and i could be happier.
sure,i hope they make it(whatever making it really is),but honestly im not losing sleep over it either way.
its been a mickeymouse operation since day uno and for folks to think it would ever be any different is beyond me.
what i recommend is the 4 guys sit down and actually discuss what the fuck theyre doing and what theyre trying to do.
seems to me like its a lost cause.
that being said,some of the best years of my life were spent with the band.
moments ill never forget(or remember)..
it saddens me to see them over 10 years in and still running around in circles.

it may be a lost cause for you, since it has been anyways.  there are plenty people out there, certainly not well represented here that still appreciate and go to breakfast / timmy tour shows.  he did a weeks run of shows as part of a local event.  end of story.  no need to turn it into something its not.  he\'s not a homeles guy asking for change outside while doing 1 armed pushups.  some shows sell out, some are doozes, the sage continues and shall go on, i don\'t know why you guys are rushing to stick a dagger in this thing just cuz two of you became bitter old curmudgeons.  if they\'re getting paid and enjoying what they do, then who am i to judge how they run shit?  i certainly don\'t enjoy what i do, and if someone came on my job and just found reasons to harp on me on the internet after the fact, they could find a million things i could be doing better.  thats life.  fuck it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:23:47 pm by Igziabeher »