Poll

Which Festival will the Breakfast benefit the most form playing?

ipplefest
0 (0%)
5th Annual Chaffee Gathering
0 (0%)
0,000 Lakes Festival
22 (55%)
unrize Music Festival
0 (0%)
ugroove Music Festival
1 (2.5%)
oe.down
15 (37.5%)
ocks Off Boat Cruise
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Which Festival Will Impact The Breakfast The Most?  (Read 2552 times)

bryank

• South Dakota represent!
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/pbrband
Which Festival Will Impact The Breakfast The Most?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 04:12:29 pm »
the last 2 years they had 1 guy running sound in the saloon for almost all of the bands that I saw there....i dont think the guy had a clue as to what sounded good and what didnt.  I wanted to go back and ask him what he thought he was doing.

I\'ve turned about 30 people onto TB since RR came out and 26 of them will be at the show.  Aberdeen, SD represent!!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 04:13:21 pm »
Good point and I dont think Dobson is going to the festival with them....well the last i heard was that he wasnt going.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

bryank

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 04:14:09 pm »
i think he should plan on making it

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 04:17:05 pm »
Quote from: bryank
i think he should plan on making it

I think so too....
but who knows...
all i know is that i will not be attending the 10,000 Lake Festival.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 04:20:10 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
definitely 10KL..the festival will be a good opportunity to get some exposure in the midwest

Yeah, and funny that I can\'t go. BOOOO. Can\'t take off work and it\'s too expensive....I\'m a po\' college student.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 05:19:58 pm »
bryank,

would you be interested in passing out settime flyers and breakfast material at 10k festival? I know the band will greatly appreciate it as this will be one great festival.  PM me and I will get stuff settled away, if you are interested.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 05:33:24 pm »
I think 10klf is going to be huge... they have a great time slot (even though it sounds like not a great stage), and they will be the only band playing at that time.  It seems like most people who go to these things are ready to party all night on the first night...
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 06:09:53 pm »
I\'ve turned about 30 people onto TB since RR came out and 26 of them will be at the show.  Aberdeen, SD represent!!

Wow, your marketing efforts are paying off!

I never thought I would say this, but The Breakfast may now be able to pull off a show in Aberdeen, SD that wouldn\'t be a doozy.  Make all of the 30 people bring 3 friends to the local buffalo pasture and you\'ve got a raging show!

Maybe you can book the band right before/after 10KLF if you aren\'t too far away from Minn?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 12:49:11 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs

I have seen Dobson do some amazing things with sound....

YES, I CAN SEE SOUND.

It\'s called Synethesia yo.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2005, 04:02:13 am »
I voted moe down

10 k lakes may or may not have a larger turnout.

However, as stated, moe down will be full of hardcore fans. Word will spread quickly, the crowd will be way more rocking and into it and the show will therefore almost deffinitly be better.

Also most new fans the show turns on will be from the north east so it will be easier for them to catch shows in the future than folks from the mid west. thus it will have a bigger impact in the long run

bryank

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 02:40:38 pm »
Spacey...I\'d be happy to help anyway that I can.  I emailed bands@ and info@10lf.com before TB were set to play and told them that they should invite TB to play and I got an email a few days later stating "thank you for the suggestion.  We\'ve been in contact with TB and it appears that they will be able to make it."  I just emailed them again requesting a better stage.  If they play in the Saloon the guys wont be happy.  The room has wood paneling and they would be set up in the corner of the room...not nearly enough room for all of their gear.  Drums and bass gear will take up the entire stage.  Who is affiliated with TB that I can speak to about the stage they are playing?  They should try to get them moved to The Field Stage as there would be plenty of room for everyone there and the sound owuld be 10x better.

About getting TB here in Aberdeen...probably wont happen even though I would like to get them here to play if possible.  If they could make it here I would do my best to get them a place to play.  I guess it all depends on what they usually ask for to be booked.  We are just 75 straight west of I29 on US Highway 12.

Quote from: alexanderzurflu

Wow, your marketing efforts are paying off!

I never thought I would say this, but The Breakfast may now be able to pull off a show in Aberdeen, SD that wouldn\'t be a doozy.  Make all of the 30 people bring 3 friends to the local buffalo pasture and you\'ve got a raging show!

Maybe you can book the band right before/after 10KLF if you aren\'t too far away from Minn?

I\'ve never seen TB before but by what I\'ve read they arent strangers to playing to less than 50 people.  I could probably set something up in a pasture that would be just as much fun as any bar in the US.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 03:06:40 pm »
Go for it. If you want to talk to someone about where the band is playing for that festival, I suggest emailing Ron or Tim. Go to this link, Contact Page .
I don\'t know if they have a say but, they would definitely appreciate the imput.

bryank

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 03:08:00 pm »
I emailed everyone on the contact page....hopefully someone can get the stage changed....it will be for the best.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2005, 03:12:34 pm »
hopefully, they can make the adjustment. I believe that the band members are acting as there own managers right now, I believe someone is helping them out but I am not sure. So, they have a lot of tough work which they have to do on their own.

I will get back to you about the flyers for 10k Lakes.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2005, 03:21:27 pm »
I emailed everyone on the contact page....hopefully someone can get the stage changed....it will be for the best.

Steffmo may be a good contact person as well.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex