Poll

Which Festival will the Breakfast benefit the most form playing?

ipplefest
0 (0%)
5th Annual Chaffee Gathering
0 (0%)
0,000 Lakes Festival
22 (55%)
unrize Music Festival
0 (0%)
ugroove Music Festival
1 (2.5%)
oe.down
15 (37.5%)
ocks Off Boat Cruise
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Which Festival Will Impact The Breakfast The Most?  (Read 2552 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Which Festival Will Impact The Breakfast The Most?
« on: June 13, 2005, 11:03:53 am »
Out of this summer\'s festivals that the Breakfast are playing which one do you think will have the biggest impact on the band. Which festival will the band benefit more from playing?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 11:06:55 am by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 11:04:59 am »
I have to go with 10,000 Lakes....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 11:08:29 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs

I agree with you based on the shear exposure possible. Also, the names that are playing attract a lot of fans. However, moe.down might be a good one because of the small concentration of people in one area.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 11:09:47 am »
Quote from: Spacey
Quote from: Stephengencs

I agree with you based on the shear exposure possible. Also, the names that are playing attract a lot of fans. However, moe.down might be a good one because of the small concentration of people in one area.

True Spacey...Not to mention that there will probably be way more Breakfast Die-Hards at the moe.down than out at 10,000 lakes...
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 11:12:19 am »
That can make a huge difference if there is a big turnout of Breakfast die hards at moe.down. The word will spread quicker. Speaking of moe.down, does anyone have information on this festival? Such as, where they will be playing, when they will be playing, how it is, stuff like that?

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 12:06:02 pm »
spacey- most bands at moe.down if they are lucky are given a couple 45 min time slots to perform.  I was talking to Adam from PGroove last year after a Harper\'s Ferry gig that was the monday following md5.  He was stoked because they got to play four different times throughout the weekend.  
  As for the boys, I am told they will either be in the Beer Tent ( which is always packed) or on the main stage, playing in between moe. sets.
mind you my sources aren\'t confirmable- as they are all a culmination of somewhat drunken conversations over the past few weeks..
tough question in regards to festies.. kind of torn between 10klks and md6.. I can see the NuGroove fest ending up with a lot of collaborations, and we always seem to do well in Upstate NY so I guess that isn\'t very much of an impact- oh well lineup looks badass and Echo Lake, well is Echo Lake
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 12:22:31 pm »
chances are they\'ll be playing pre-moe. Saturday night, and during moe.\'s setbreak that night too.  Honestly, thats one of the best slots of the weekend.  Saturday night is when all the freaks are at their highest point. and they\'ll be playing between the two biggest draws/  which will probably be MMW and moe.  all they gotta do is come out swinging and the beertent will be on fire in no time.  If they some of the members of moe. catch their set and like what they see that also gives the possibility of moe. doing a full band segue w/ the breakfast during their set.  they\'ve done it before w/ Galactic, Raq, Trainwreck, the Biscuits, JFJO, Umphrees, Particle, Mule, and others so I wouldn\'t count that out just yet.

I was playing the March Call and Porter\'s show for the freaks late night in Portland this weekend, and a lot of cats dug it.  Even got a few interested in hitting up some Timmy Solo shows because I brought the Martini\'s show too.   If you play it, they will come.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 12:39:53 pm »
10K is probably gonna give them more exposure but the response they will recieve @ moe.down will probably shock anyone not familiar w/ Bfast fans. I know I for one plan on screaming the loudest I ever have for a band to RIP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 12:44:50 pm »
i went with 10k lakes, though i think MD could be equally huge..

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 01:55:01 pm »
definitely 10KL..the festival will be a good opportunity to get some exposure in the midwest

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 01:57:18 pm »
Thanks for the info on moe.down. It seems like, if they show up and play then everything will work out fine. I hope it does.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 04:55:20 pm »
What type of stage or tent will be afforded to the Breakfast at 10,000 Lakes?  I think all the fans that are planning on attending will have a huge impact on the turnout given the hype and flyer factors.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 11:26:23 pm »
I believe it was a tent. Last time I discussed this matter with the power that be, he didn\'t know yet. Told me that when he finds out, he would pass on the information.

bryank

• South Dakota represent!
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/pbrband
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 04:05:36 pm »
I voted 10klf .....I will be in attendance but now that the set times have been announced I would have to second guess my vote.  Also, the Saloon stage is indoors and the sound is terrible.  The high end will almost kill you in that room.  The sound simply bounces around and drives you right out of the building.  Also, playing at 1:30am on Friday night may not be bad as it will be the first night that everyone is wandering around with a head full of who knows what (you guys should dress up in demon costumes or something to scare the shit out of these kids).  I was hoping that you\'d get the Field or Barn stage.  They actually have a decent sound system at both of those stages unlike the saloon.  All they had the last 2 years for sound there were a mackie powered sub and a top on each side of the stage.  No need to be mic anything.  I hope they decide to do something different with the sound in there this year.  The bonus is that there is a bar in the room.

There are no tents at 10lf....the saloon is indoors with seating outside.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 04:11:00 pm by bryank »

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 04:09:13 pm »
Quote from: bryank
 Also, the Saloon stage is indoors and the sound is terrible.  The high end will almost kill you in that room.  The sound simply bounces around and drives you right out of the building.  

I have seen Dobson do some amazing things with sound....

YES, I CAN SEE SOUND.