Author Topic: Where are my South Norwalk Timmy Tour Dates??  (Read 7280 times)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Where are my South Norwalk Timmy Tour Dates??
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 03:00:06 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;250761
[

Before you actually consider the show Jersey Shore a representation of NJ, only one person on the show is actually from Jersey, the rest are from Staten Island, Franklin Square NY, Marlboro NY and Johnston RI...

Killingly St. represent!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 03:19:44 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;250761
Quote from: wildcoyote;250719
Quote from: SlimPickens;250688
[You\'d have better luck throwing a "Jersey Shore" party in SoNo then drawing a crowd for Tim\'s heady madness.

Would this party merely consist of gathering to watch the show, or spray painting ourselves orange and acting like douchebags?

If it\'s the latter, I\'m down.  (it would be cool it Tim played it as well)

Before you actually consider the show Jersey Shore a representation of NJ, only one person on the show is actually from Jersey, the rest are from Staten Island, Franklin Square NY, Marlboro NY and Johnston RI...

Don\'t try and protect those jersey douches.  Shit, you know you don\'t come around anymore because you know folks won\'t accept your orange spray on tan and blown out hair

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33523591@N07/4272545214/" title="jersey_dblock by chagnob, on Flickr">http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2677/4272545214_776fdb72b6_o.jpg" width="824" height="552" alt="jersey_dblock" />
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 03:38:57 pm by SlimPickens »

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 03:23:06 pm »
Quote from: LBoogie;250763
i have not read this thread, but all i have to say is that south norwalk pretty much sucks balls.  sorry nick.  but really....no hope for that place.

That makes zero sense.  Why does it suck?  SoNo is awesome.  Confirmed.  Great bars and restaurants (and movie theatre) all within walking distance.  The people there are actually pretty cool too...a lot of young professionals that are ready for a good time after the work day/week is done.  Sure you get some d\'bags, but that\'s everywhere.  A lot less college wooks and hipsters, which is actually a nice chage.  Ridiculous to dismiss all of southern CT, but I know the majority of the people on this board don\'t travel south of milford anyway so everyone talking shit can Eat a D as far as I\'m concerned.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 03:30:26 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;250769
i have not read this thread, but all i have to say is that south norwalk pretty much sucks balls.  sorry nick.  but really....no hope for that place.

That makes zero sense.  Why does it suck?  SoNo is awesome.  Confirmed.  Great bars and restaurants (and movie theatre) all within walking distance.  The people there are actually pretty cool too...a lot of young professionals that are ready for a good time after the work day/week is done.  Sure you get some d\'bags, but that\'s everywhere.  A lot less college wooks and hipsters, which is actually a nice chage.  Ridiculous to dismiss all of southern CT, but I know the majority of the people on this board don\'t travel south of milford anyway so everyone talking shit can Eat a D as far as I\'m concerned.

I\'m not going to say that SoNo sucks because it doesn\'t; PB played some pretty fun shows down there.  For better or worse SoNo is a bit yuppie/rich boys, which would eat up a Timmie Solo show and hate a TB show...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 03:33:29 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;250771
SoNo is a bit yuppie/rich boys

Maybe there is a place with deeper pockets to compensate for the (perceived) drawbacks
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

NickNels

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 03:35:45 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;250771
Quote from: NickNels;250769

I\'m not going to say that SoNo sucks because it doesn\'t; PB played some pretty fun shows down there.  For better or worse SoNo is a bit yuppie/rich boys, which would eat up a Timmie Solo show and hate a TB show...

Am I actually going to agree w/ Yoda?  More on the yuppie side than say New Haven or Bridgeport.  You are probably right, more conducive for Timmy Tour than the B\'Fast.  That being said, i\'ve seen some AWFUL (cover) bands get great headline gigs on the weekend...and the crowd wasn\'t even into them.  I think one Fri or Sat night at O\'Neils  for the band would actually go over reasonably well.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 04:28:24 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;250766
Quote from: lilblondie;250765
i just love that everyone in the whole world is talking about the jersey shore...love love love it...

Yeah well, my family that lives down there is really disgusted with the show and how it portrays the show... To me, it\'s like a train-wreck that you can\'t look away from...  From my experience, those people on the show could easily be from North Jersey, most parts of of NY except the updaters playing dueling banjos and even East Haven...

Why are they disgusted?  If MTV did a show called Momauguin Beach, I\'d love it.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 04:45:20 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;250775
i just love that everyone in the whole world is talking about the jersey shore...love love love it...

Yeah well, my family that lives down there is really disgusted with the show and how it portrays the show... To me, it\'s like a train-wreck that you can\'t look away from...  From my experience, those people on the show could easily be from North Jersey, most parts of of NY except the updaters playing dueling banjos and even East Haven...

Why are they disgusted?  If MTV did a show called Momauguin Beach, I\'d love it.

The thing is that this show is essentially saying that the people down the shore are all like these Staten Island Guidos...  There\'s a reason why most of the people year round can\'t stand the bennies...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

LBoogie

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 05:12:31 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;250764
might as well book a show in South Rehoboth MA too.   my living room is big enough to set you up and fill the room w/ me, derickw, jed, and a enough other semi locals to hit you up w/ tips.

:disco:

so down :)  hehehehe

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 09:22:00 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;250776
Quote from: SkyePrizm;250775

The thing is that this show is essentially saying that the people down the shore are all like these Staten Island Guidos...  There\'s a reason why most of the people year round can\'t stand the bennies...

its entertainment people.  you think mtv viewers wanna watch yoda complain on the internet, not go to concerts and take care of his family every week?  where\'s the intrigue in that.

GLuft3

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 11:22:12 pm »
Watching Yoda complain on the Internet is entertainment.

O\'Neills would be cool.  My cousin works there.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

rockthekazbah

Blackrock
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2010, 11:56:52 pm »
Quote from: GLuft3;250704
Speaking of Fairfield county, what happened to the nearly monthly gigs at The Field?

raise your hand if you would come see timmy on a wednesday @ acoustic cafe, bridgeport?  or even a weekend night?
founding member of L.R.N.B.H.B.W.H.N.A.T.S.U.F.H.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 07:40:06 am »
Quote from: rockthekazbah;250797
Speaking of Fairfield county, what happened to the nearly monthly gigs at The Field?

raise your hand if you would come see timmy on a wednesday @ acoustic cafe, bridgeport?  or even a weekend night?

hand raised

NickNels

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 09:20:30 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;250804
Quote from: rockthekazbah;250797

hand raised

:wave:

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2010, 10:01:34 am »
Finally this thread is worth something......a timmy date in blackrock is long overdue, no offense to The Field, but i am not a fan of it for solo timmy shows......I would most definitely make it down to an acoustic cafe TPalms affair.....

As for this SoNo debate.  If you are looking for beautiful ladies, expensive martinis, or a serious meal, SoNo is great, but if the music scene is dead in CT, then SoNo is the reason.  There never has nor ever can be a respectable music scene in Norwalk......Im not saying that there arent talented people from there, I am just saying that the area and populous are NOT conducive for a true live music scene to thrive....so give up Flounder.....If you can find a place for tim to play down there, I am sure he would consider it....I have seen Tim play in SoNo...Once.  With OoohOoohOoohWhatyaWannaDoMacher, and it was fun but a DEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph