Author Topic: Where are my South Norwalk Timmy Tour Dates??  (Read 7283 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Where are my South Norwalk Timmy Tour Dates??
« on: January 12, 2010, 02:43:39 pm »
In my 5 years (or so) on Timmy Tour i\'ve never seen a South NOrwalk date.  I am obviously bias at this point living right on Washington St. in the middle of SoNo, but it seems like it would make sense.

I wouldn\'t exactly call it a "heady scene," but there is plenty of traffic going through there Wednesday through Saturday and plenty of bars/clubs to play.  Just off the top of my head...O\'Neils, Barcelona, Black Bear, Martini Lounge, The Loft, and Archie Moore\'s all have a stage and live music every week.  Gingerman could also probably work as well with the right set up.  Plus if he starts to do well there are plenty of opportunities to try out new bars (or even start a bidding war for his services)!

I think I talked to Timmy about this before and he seemed a little put off with the South Norwalk scene (i guess he used to live down here?).  It just seems to me with BAR no longer the Wednesday night spot, it might be a good idea to give southern CT a try.  South Norwalk (and Stamford for that matter) might be a good fit.  The market is anything but oversaturated and might embrace a Timmy Tour show or two.  Slightly older crowd (late 20\'s /early 30\'s) so there should also be decent money to be made in tips as well.

Big Markets in Southern half of CT are New Haven, Fairfield/BPT, South Norwalk, Stamford, and Greenwich.  I know ffld hasn\'t exactly worked out, but I think SoNo might be a little bit more appreciative

Just my .02.  Of course I would do anything I could to help make this happen.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 02:46:52 pm by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 02:49:19 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;250677
In my 5 years (or so) on Timmy Tour i\'ve never seen a South NOrwalk date.  I am obviously bias at this point living right on Washington St. in the middle of SoNo, but it seems like it would make sense.

I wouldn\'t exactly call it a "heady scene," but there is plenty of traffic going through there Wednesday through Saturday and plenty of bars/clubs to play.  Just off the top of my head...O\'Neils, Barcelona, Black Bear, Martini Lounge, The Loft, and Archie Moore\'s all have a stage and live music every week.  Gingerman could also probably work as well with the right set up.  Plus if he starts to do well there are plenty of opportunities to try out new bars (or even start a bidding war for his services)!

I think I talked to Timmy about this before and he seemed a little put off with the South Norwalk scene (i guess he used to live down here?).  It just seems to me with BAR no longer the Wednesday night spot, it might be a good idea to give southern CT a try.  South Norwalk (and Stamford for that matter) might be a good fit.  The market is anything but oversaturated and might embrace a Timmy Tour show or two.  Slightly older crowd (late 20\'s /early 30\'s) so there should also be decent money to be made in tips as well.

Big Markets in Southern half of CT are New Haven, Fairfield/BPT, South Norwalk, Stamford, and Greenwich.  I know ffld hasn\'t exactly worked out, but I think SoNo might be a little bit more appreciative

Dude you answered your own question (check the bold type)and you think making a thread is gonna change his mind?

Wow.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

NickNels

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 02:57:04 pm »
Quote from: leith;250678

Dude you answered your own question (check the bold type)and you think making a thread is gonna change his mind?

Wow.

Oh Leith...just when I thought we had found a middle ground ;)

Yeah, Tim seemed put off on it.  He used to live down here, but that is AT LEAST 5 years ago...and probably longer than that.  Things change...it seems silly to completely rule out a fresh market, especially at this juncture.  I\'m not saying he has to commit to playing down here every Wednesday night, but maybe a show here or there to see if its worth it.  If I was in his situation and I was looking to make more money or grow my name I would be trying out new venues all over CT (but especially in the major markets I pointed out).

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 03:11:00 pm »
I obviously know nothing about SoNo or whether Tim has reservations about playing there but it can\'t hurt to spread out the franchise.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 03:41:58 pm »
i think tim may have lived closer to the rough part of norwalk (i asked him about this when i was looking at places in sono) and i can understand being put off by that part of town. however, other areas of norwalk (south and east) would be great places for him to play.

there are a few bars in stamford and one particular place in greenwich that i would absolutely recommend looking into.

as far as playing in ct goes, i think that he could really benefit from playing outside of new haven county more often.

ChrisF

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 04:26:51 pm »

5 years ago was when timmy tour stopped going to south norwalk. in summer 2004 smokin\' boomers used to play happy hour at bar on fridays and then 2 more sets later on in south norwalk. that went on until the beginning of \'05, but rarely had the full smokin boomers lineup of tim, ian, sean, and adrian. and breakfast had shows down there up until the end of \'02. but i guess u were in jr high school back then and wouldnt have gotten in when those happened .

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 04:40:58 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;250686
but i guess u were in jr high school back then and wouldnt have gotten in when those happened .

Sounds about right.

You\'d have better luck throwing a "Jersey Shore" party in SoNo then drawing a crowd for Tim\'s heady madness.

Tim should be playing Wed or Thurs nights at a bar on or close to the UConn campus.  

Get\'em young, when they\'ll drive anywhere for a show.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 05:11:01 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;250688
Quote from: ChrisF;250686
but i guess u were in jr high school back then and wouldnt have gotten in when those happened .

Sounds about right.

You\'d have better luck throwing a "Jersey Shore" party in SoNo then drawing a crowd for Tim\'s heady madness.

Tim should be playing Wed or Thurs nights at a bar on or close to the UConn campus.  

Get\'em young, when they\'ll drive anywhere for a show.

Agreed.

It is apparent that we all are getting old and mature, dare I say. It shows in the attendance at shows. People have grown up and some have moved on.

There was never a continuous flow of new younger fans and thus it brings us to the crossing roads we are at now.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 07:29:34 pm »
I vote...how about the valley?    Connie\'s in Derby.   My suggestion.

NickNels

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 07:32:54 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;250700

i said MAJOR MARKETS.

I would compromise with more shows in and around the UCONN area.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 08:05:00 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;250701
Quote from: SkyePrizm;250700

i said MAJOR MARKETS.

I would compromise with more shows in and around the UCONN area.

hey, some may consider the valley a major market.  they may not wear shoes or have all their teeth. but they do love their bars.....

second suggestion: in the warmer weather heading towards the RI border...like westerly or any of those RI shore communities.....  

or getting a good gig in Providence during Water Fire.  Now thats a gig to score. Providence is packed on those Saturdays June-Oct.

GLuft3

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 08:54:58 pm »
Speaking of Fairfield county, what happened to the nearly monthly gigs at The Field?
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 10:04:58 pm »
i demand more shows within 2 miles of my apartment!!! also, warmer weather!!!
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 10:38:55 pm »
thanks for the recommendations, nick! i trust your judgement and will see if i can get timmy into any of those bars!

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 10:40:19 pm »
Quote from: GLuft3;250704
Speaking of Fairfield county, what happened to the nearly monthly gigs at The Field?

not gonna happen.