Author Topic: \'Trio\' Crap - Trey Rocks/Sucks (& everything in between) - Three is a Magic Number  (Read 7452 times)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Quote from: leith
Quote from: FreeSpirit
Quote from: derickw
opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink

guys, are u all SER??? grow up --- everyone on this board loves the band & the music they put out... whatever you want to call them, go ahead and call them that.  Leith, if you don\'t like the new band or want to at least try it out, do us all a favor and don\'t post on here anymore.  Problem solved.

Well I have decreased my posting since I first heard about the change in June. I will most likely only be an occasional poster as I do consider some of the folk on here friends and like to keep up on the crazee shennanigans they take part in.
As I have ALREADY posted I will continue to support the band but just because I am not as rabid about them as a trio I am ostersized? That I find ludicrous.

And yeah I may not have heard The Breakfast as a trio but I know enough about the way the 3 guys play to know I will not enjoy it as much. That\'s my deal not any one else\'s so let\'s leave it at that.

i just think you should give \'em a chance before you go cashing your chips in.  you just might be kicking yourself in the ass for it in the end.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
let me ask you this leith: was Jordan the only reason you listened to the band?  Did you like the songs?  The guitar? The drums? The Bass?  I say atleast give them a chance.....
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
who gives a shit what our tightknit community is refering to them as when talking to one another?

dave, i hate to say it, but this is one of the silliest threads i\'ve ever seen.  is everything okay?
Postcount +1.

Me!

• life got in the way
we\'re well beyond that Jim, we\'re back to our regular old shenanigans of everyone arguing with leith, the more things change the more they stay the same....
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Quote from: FreeSpirit
Quote from: derickw
opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink

guys, are u all SER??? grow up --- everyone on this board loves the band & the music they put out... whatever you want to call them, go ahead and call them that.  Leith, if you don\'t like the new band or want to at least try it out, do us all a favor and don\'t post on here anymore.  Problem solved.

Well I have decreased my posting since I first heard about the change in June. I will most likely only be an occasional poster as I do consider some of the folk on here friends and like to keep up on the crazee shennanigans they take part in.
As I have ALREADY posted I will continue to support the band but just because I am not as rabid about them as a trio I am ostersized? That I find ludicrous.

And yeah I may not have heard The Breakfast as a trio but I know enough about the way the 3 guys play to know I will not enjoy it as much. That\'s my deal not any one else\'s so let\'s leave it at that.

:crickets:

:asskicked
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Quote from: Me!
let me ask you this leith: was Jordan the only reason you listened to the band?  Did you like the songs?  The guitar? The drums? The Bass?  I say atleast give them a chance.....

What brought me to the band was the combination of FOUR unique talents melding into something new,original and exciting in music.

How many times do I have to say I will still support the band before any of you listen?
Just because I do not have the blind faith that it will rock my world as some of you seem to have does not mean I think it will be bad just not as exciting for me.

Yes Jordan was a huge part of my love for this band. I happen to LOVE Keyboard playing in this type of music(improv rock ,jam). Big reason I dig other bands that have keys.

I think Tim is one of the best GUITAR players in the WORLD. Having him play key fills and such diminishes the guitar playing and that I do not like. I want to see Tim play guitar not keys. Plain as that.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Rujah

• team digest

i believe you were ostersized, long ago my friend.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi

What brought me to the band was the combination of FOUR unique talents melding into something new,original and exciting in music.

How many times do I have to say I will still support the band before any of you listen?
Just because I do not have the blind faith that it will rock my world as some of you seem to have does not mean I think it will be bad just not as exciting for me.

Yes Jordan was a huge part of my love for this band. I happen to LOVE Keyboard playing in this type of music(improv rock ,jam). Big reason I dig other bands that have keys.

I think Tim is one of the best GUITAR players in the WORLD. Having him play key fills and such diminishes the guitar playing and that I do not like. I want to see Tim play guitar not keys. Plain as that.

I have seen it, so therefore there is no \'blind faith\' involved.  nothing is being taken away from tim\'s guitar playing.  its all there, just w/ the occaisional key intro or solo.  tim is an amazing guitarist, and being such makes him an amazing musician, i have no doubt that any instrument he picks up can be mastered in no more than a few wednesday nights.  

more often than not, you couldn\'t even hear jordan in the mix anyways.  the rare occaision you could, it would either be a great thing, or it would just be him playing on top of everyone else.  making the sound more of a mashed hodge podge than a clear audible well oiled machine of a band.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Quote from: Jim Cobb
who gives a shit what our tightknit community is refering to them as when talking to one another?

Seriously. I still call them Psychedelic Breakfast most of the time and when I actually take the time to remember they changed their name I call them "Breakfast" instead of "THE Breakfast".

who really gives a shi\'ite. We all know who we\'re talking about.

And if you want my 2 cents I think its BS that all the fans weren\'t notified that Beardslee was gonna be Jordan\'s last show. AND, they should get a new keyboard player ASAP. Keyboards are key... tee hee
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Quote from: Igziabeher

I have seen it, so therefore there is no \'blind faith\' involved.  nothing is being taken away from tim\'s guitar playing.  its all there, just w/ the occaisional key intro or solo.  tim is an amazing guitarist, and being such makes him an amazing musician, i have no doubt that any instrument he picks up can be mastered in no more than a few wednesday nights.  

more often than not, you couldn\'t even hear jordan in the mix anyways.  the rare occaision you could, it would either be a great thing, or it would just be him playing on top of everyone else.  making the sound more of a mashed hodge podge than a clear audible well oiled machine of a band.

Jordan being unhearable was a big reason I spent my time @ shows directly in front of him as much as possible and it was not him just playing over the others. He always had something interesting to play as long as one took the time to listen.
Tim playing key intros or solos is even more reason for me to think I will not like it as much as I like keys to be played through the whole song and unless Tim has grown another arm or 2 I don\'t think that is going to happen w/o another player.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
First off, if you haven\'t seen and heard the current incarnation of The Breakfast (which is currently a three-piece) you have no leg to stand on.  Because with the new setup (from stage right) Adrian (45degree slant inward facing the band), Ron, and Tim, it is the perfect display of power and talent.

As far as what Klout is saying about Tim trying to make up for the loss of Jordan, I gotta say you are completely 100% wrong, and wait till you hear it.  This is more than a three-piece or a power trio.  The Breakfast will soon be taking over the world, mark those words....And if there is a suitable keyboard player out there.....The band will welcome him...but I believe that is the BIGGEST "IF" going right now.

At first I thought that there was no way that this band could be called The Breakfast as a three piece.  I have since changed my tune (as of the Corner Pocket show), because, they ARE THE FUCKING BREAKFAST.

Though every song they have written to date has been for a four piece band, trust me when I say that you will get every orafice of your face FUCKED HARD when you see this new incarnation of THE BREAKFAST
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Me!

• life got in the way
Quote from: stehengencs
Though every song they have written to date has been for a four piece band, trust me when I say that you will get every orafice of your face FUCKED HARD when you see this new incarnation of THE BREAKFAST

said as only stevie g can say it, ahh so eloquent ;) :D

this is your warning to watch out for your eyes ears nose and mouth on wed night
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 05:30:59 pm by Me! »

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
And that is the triple truth Ruth...
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

davepeck

• Administrator
Quote from: Klout
i just think they should really push to get someone good in there asap.

wow. i think that would be the biggest mistake they could possibly make.. just throw a good keyboard player in there and everything will be ok, right? you gotta be kidding me..

um, not only do they need to find someone GOOD, but they need to find someone who can learn their tunes, play their tunes, hold his/her own jamming with them, possibly relocate, have a personality that fits in with the band (both on stage and off), is able to tolerate and be tolerated for hours/days at a time in the van/on the road, etc, etc, etc...

these are all factors that will go into the selection process, i\'m sure. if you think The Breakfast is going to have a new keyboard player by the end of next week, you are sadly mistaken.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Quote from: davepeck
um, not only do they need to find someone GOOD, but they need to find someone who can learn their tunes, play their tunes, hold his/her own jamming with them, possibly relocate, have a personality that fits in with the band (both on stage and off), is able to tolerate and be tolerated for hours/days at a time in the van/on the road, etc, etc, etc...

Oh and dont forget willing to work for peanuts....literally......I have been working for the band for 3 months and wont shit for 3 years thanks to the stash of peanuts I have amassed....

oh. and i wouldnt trade it for the world ....
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:39:43 pm by Stephengencs »