Author Topic: Is Tim\'s Solo in Mooboo\'s (studio) One of the Best of All Time?  (Read 7708 times)

lizardflag

• http://www.jeffbujak.com
Is Tim\'s Solo in Mooboo\'s (studio) One of the Best of All Time?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 11:50:52 am »
Quote from: freddiewaht;213585
Quote from: freddiewaht;213571
i imported to itunes and am listening to it so loud as we speak...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vut56f

speaking of which...

That file is a .cda file.  It\'s not the song.  It\'s the file that tells the CD what track to play.
JEFF BUJAK Web | LIVEBUJ

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 12:54:15 pm »
It\'s pretty sweet that we\'ll actually get to hear this song played from time to time with Jordan back.

Eppy 2 needs to be in perma-rotation
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 02:40:41 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;213619
It\'s pretty sweet that we\'ll actually get to hear this song played from time to time with Jordan back.

Eppy 2 needs to be in perma-rotation

i actually sent a rare textmessage request/proposition to a higherup in the band last night about gettin this on nye..
:crosses fingers:
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 10:32:14 am »
can anyone send me an mp3 of the studio mooboo\'s?  or post a link to it here?

thanks
DS Newbers

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 10:36:12 am »
Quote from: ds673488;235541

thanks

Support the band and buy a copy of Deuce g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-GUY!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 11:32:07 am »
Quote from: Overexjoesure;213475
I think so.  I gave it a good listen today, I mean REALLY listened, as opposed to normally blissing out.  This solo goes above and beyond  your average several chord solo.  He\'s able to peak several times without sounding contrived or "going for the blow job" as Zappa used to call it (or something like that).  Most top rated guitar solos are usually a minute tops, but Tim\'s surpasses the standard.  Emotion, texture, technical prowess, and a beginning and end. What an epic few minutes.  Thanks Tim....

how many times are you going to start a "best tim solo" thread ?
*Gia*

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 12:05:39 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;235555
Quote from: Overexjoesure;213475
I think so.  I gave it a good listen today, I mean REALLY listened, as opposed to normally blissing out.  This solo goes above and beyond  your average several chord solo.  He\'s able to peak several times without sounding contrived or "going for the blow job" as Zappa used to call it (or something like that).  Most top rated guitar solos are usually a minute tops, but Tim\'s surpasses the standard.  Emotion, texture, technical prowess, and a beginning and end. What an epic few minutes.  Thanks Tim....

how many times are you going to start a "best tim solo" thread ?

are there others?

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 12:23:22 pm »
i could have sworn he made a thread about the deuce mooboo being the sickest solo ever from tim months back.   i dont know maybe im wrong if so i apologize

WHOOPS !  sorry.  i\'m a retard
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:23:22 pm by bezerker »
*Gia*

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 12:52:36 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;235542
Quote from: ds673488;235541

thanks

Support the band and buy a copy of Deuce g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-GUY!

good point!
i bought one for the cop working overtime at toads on saturday night....btw todd....don\'t forget to remind me that i owe the  merch table some cash.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 01:32:49 pm »
Best Tim solos of all time according to Tuna: sorry if my dates are a bit off I don\'t feel like double checking. Alright I\'m gonna leave a bunch out cuz I don\'t have a lot of time right now but IMO all these take a dump over the studio Mooboo (which is rather good too!)

Better Mooboos IMO:
6-22-07 Rocks On Boat Cruise: Mooboo\'s Voodoo (best ever imo even as a trio)
3-26-06 SOHO: Mooboo\'s Voodoo > HDX > LDZ > Mooboo\'s Voodoo

Tim at the top of his game in general:

9-14-07(?) Daniel St: Space Oddity AND Great Big Fiery Ball... and fuck it, that Drunk Monk Bar was fire too. #1 show I wish I made it to but didn\'t.
4-20-02 Extrava*****: Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos with Me
10-30-2004 Electic Company: Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos with Me
1-20-08(?) Iron Horse: Frankly Po Zest (among the most beautiful solos I\'ve ever heard!)
6-25-2006 Premier Music Hall: Puppetry. Kind of bad recording but trust this was pure tribal grime.
9-05-2008 Sully\'s: Rufus... aka at the time as "the redefinition of Rufus"... Rust solo from that show was pure talent as well

BTW I just listened to Toad\'s place Mooboo for the 3rd time... just to confirm my opinion that its a damn good one but definitely doesn\'t step to the two others I mentioned :P I did love the "there can still be some hope in 2009!" line very much :D

And of couse The Breakfast isn\'t all about Tim ;)

Mayfly Disarray from Strange Creek 09 IMO is the best thing they\'ve ever done, at least that I\'ve heard. Clearly a serious team effort on that one.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 01:35:18 pm »
Mooboos studio was prob the best at the time, but many solos from \'05 i think would destroy it
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 01:54:10 pm »
Best Tim solos of all time according to Tuna: sorry if my dates are a bit off I don\'t feel like double checking. Alright I\'m gonna leave a bunch out cuz I don\'t have a lot of time right now but IMO all these take a dump over the studio Mooboo (which is rather good too!)

Better Mooboos IMO:
6-22-07 Rocks On Boat Cruise: Mooboo\'s Voodoo (best ever imo even as a trio)
3-26-06 SOHO: Mooboo\'s Voodoo > HDX > LDZ > Mooboo\'s Voodoo

Tim at the top of his game in general:

2007-9-14 Daniel St: Space Oddity AND Great Big Fiery Ball... and fuck it, that Drunk Monk Bar was fire too. #1 show I wish I made it to but didn\'t.
2002-04-20 Extrava*****: Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos with Me AND Buquebus (best old school verz)
2004-10-30 Electic Company: Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos with Me
2008-1-20 Iron Horse: Frankly Po Zest (among the most beautiful solos I\'ve ever heard!)
2006-6-25 Premier Music Hall: Puppetry. Kind of bad recording but trust this was pure tribal grime.
2008-9-05 Sully\'s: Rufus... aka at the time as "the redefinition of Rufus"... Rust solo from that show was pure talent as well
2008-04-18(?) Iron Horse: Hard Luck Harry
2008-??-?? Kinetic Playground: Synergy
2005-12-07 Kappa Sigma frat: Puppetry > Other One > Puppetry
2005-11-11 Wisconsin: Buquebus

BTW I just listened to Toad\'s place Mooboo for the 3rd time... just to confirm my opinion that its a damn good one but definitely doesn\'t step to the two others I mentioned :P I did love the "there can still be some hope in 2009!" line very much :D

And of course The Breakfast isn\'t all about Tim ;)

Mayfly Disarray from Strange Creek 09 IMO is the best thing they\'ve ever done, at least that I\'ve heard. Clearly a serious team effort on that one.

WellaShing

• My mind fails to be ...
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 02:08:37 pm »
mooboo is what got me into TPB ... one of the best songs ever written. After I heard it like the third time I couldn\'t get the lyric "... fails to be there" out of my head for literally 9-10 days ... my wife almost had me committed ... the only thing that would even come close to setting my mind at ease was blasting the Deuce version w/headphones. I currently have 16 live versions and think i\'ll go get another!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 03:06:48 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;235570
....btw todd....don\'t forget to remind me that i owe the  merch table some cash.

this is gonna get ugly.  old farts
*Gia*

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 04:02:29 pm »
...one of my favorites!
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.