Author Topic: Sullivan Hall; New York, NY  (Read 6665 times)

inthewhitelodge

Sullivan Hall; New York, NY
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 03:03:56 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;254129
Commin from the north, anyone want to drive me into the city?

I\'m leaving from the Albany area..if you\'re interested in tagging along.

I\'ve never driven into the city, so this should be interesting..anyone have any pointers, ideas about parking, etc.??? (galenas?)
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 03:21:34 pm »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;254157

I\'ve never driven into the city, so this should be interesting..anyone have any pointers, ideas about parking, etc.??? (galenas?)

nice! so glad you\'re coming!!! my pointers for driving in the city: be aggressive!! "Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now!"

as for parking, it\'s always a crap shoot, but sullivan hall is in the heart of the village and chances of finding a spot right outside = just about zero. shoot for more around the perimeter and keep your eyes peeled. also just be sure to really read the parking signs b/c a ticket will cost you upwards of 100 big ones.

let\'s pregame it!

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 04:34:15 pm »
Quote from: galenas;254158
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;254157

nice! so glad you\'re coming!!! my pointers for driving in the city: be aggressive!! "Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now!"

as for parking, it\'s always a crap shoot, but sullivan hall is in the heart of the village and chances of finding a spot right outside = just about zero. shoot for more around the perimeter and keep your eyes peeled. also just be sure to really read the parking signs b/c a ticket will cost you upwards of 100 big ones.

let\'s pregame it!

Woohoo! I am looking forward to learning about "aggressive driving"..yikes

Let me know what pregame entails (where, etc.) and we can definitely do it.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 05:54:28 pm »
Is anybody driving down from CT or Mass?

I\'m potentially looking for a ride home after the show if someone plans on taking the Merritt Pkway or 95 back.  

I\'d like to take the train in to meet up with some friends early and catch a ride back (since the last train is at 1:53...dooze).

Let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 06:18:45 pm »
looking up parking...is this considered Greenwich village, Soho, or west village???

snwckgtr

• aka snickerdoodle
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 06:28:28 pm »
west village.....ive found parking on 7th ave in that area in the past, but it really is 50/50.  plenty of expensive garages around to take your money though

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 06:31:30 pm »
I tried Icon parking. I found a garage .29 miles away..The really awesome part is that you can print out a voucher and they have to honor the price. I got it for $26..not bad!!!!

snwckgtr

• aka snickerdoodle
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 06:33:57 pm »
yeah 26 for the night is pretty good for that area

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 07:12:32 pm »
i never have much of a problem finding parking on the block the venue is on. i usually get a spot across the street.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 07:33:30 pm »
don\'t pay to park in a lot!! you will be able to find a spot somewhere not too far. just gotta drive around for a bit. it\'ll be all good.

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 09:05:21 am »
Quote from: galenas;254184
don\'t pay to park in a lot!! you will be able to find a spot somewhere not too far.  it\'ll be all good.

I hope so!
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 09:35:21 am »
Quote from: Bret;254215
don\'t pay to park in a lot!! you will be able to find a spot somewhere not too far.  it\'ll be all good.

I hope so!

You heading into the city, broseph?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 10:20:14 am »
Quote from: Spacey;254222

I hope so!

I believe, the way things are looking, I just might be.  Not sure which direction I\'ll be leaving the city though... TBD

you heading in to lions den... I mean NYC?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:20:14 am by Bret »
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 12:06:43 pm »
Don\'t know. Perhaps. Not much more going on in my life other than sex, might as well add drugs and rock \'n\' roll to that.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 01:18:23 pm »
Quote from: Bret;254223
Quote from: Spacey;254222

I hope so!

I believe, the way things are looking, I just might be.  Not sure which direction I\'ll be leaving the city though... TBD

you heading in to lions den... I mean NYC?

Quote from: Spacey;254232
Don\'t know. Perhaps. Not much more going on in my life other than sex, might as well add drugs and rock \'n\' roll to that.

If either of you guys plan on driving back through my neck of the woods please let me know.  More than happy to contribute gas, parking and toll money (need space for 2).
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."