Author Topic: The Westcott Theater; Syracuse, NY  (Read 5149 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
The Westcott Theater; Syracuse, NY
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 10:12:35 pm »
I invited people to the facebook event...

Maybe I will see if Dan has any still

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 10:37:42 pm »
I\'m excited!
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

groovinlumens

• Seen the lights
    • http://www.MYSPACE.COM/GROOVINDOOD
Groovin Lumens
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 04:09:30 pm »
Can\'t wait for Friday. For the first time in over three years I will be hitting the boys with some lights. Hope you all enjoy. And please no comparisons to ellis. I have only run the brand new system at the westcott once and it will take a little while to get my sea legs. LOL

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 06:33:42 pm »
Quote from: groovinlumens;252638
Can\'t wait for Friday. For the first time in over three years I will be hitting the boys with some lights. Hope you all enjoy. And please no comparisons to ellis. I have only run the brand new system at the westcott once and it will take a little while to get my sea legs. LOL

have fun with that and shoot some video if possible!

there are 96 confirmed guests on facebook and 494 maybes. id like to see every bfast gig have that many invites go out!!!!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 06:39:25 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;252649

there are 96 confirmed guests on facebook and 494 maybes. id like to see every bfast gig have that many invites go out!!!!

Nice!!!!

Each day grows closer and closer.

Whooo!

I wonder if one can rent a Zoom or something to tape the show? It pains me every time one slips away!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:45:57 pm by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 06:55:07 pm »
I have a good feeling about this one!

L&TG > OE!!!!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 08:45:24 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;252649

can\'t that literally be done with, like, three mouse clicks? i don\'t understand why i never get FB invites to shows. it may be a little annoying, but i bet there are tons of people who are simply unaware of the shows
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

ChrisF

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 09:46:20 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;252661

can\'t that literally be done with, like, three mouse clicks? i don\'t understand why i never get FB invites to shows. it may be a little annoying, but i bet there are tons of people who are simply unaware of the shows

i dont usually get them either. if i do get them they are usually from people who are local to venues the breakfast play outside of CT.

i think there were like 1600 people who are listed as NOT going. but if thats the average ratio of people going/not going maybe if we try to invite a total of 2000+ facebook people to every single breakfast show on the calendar they would start selling out some shows.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 10:27:58 pm »
The opening band is a local act so that probably had something to do with it.

ChrisF

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 12:36:55 am »
Quote from: Klout;252669
The opening band is a local act so that probably had something to do with it.

probably. but the westcott did invite over 2000 people. and 88 non-.infoes have confirmed their attendance.

if breakfast fans invited that many of their friends who liked jambands/live music then venues would be sold out often. i think if every breakfast show had over 3000 facebook invites sent out then 2/3 of the venues they play at would be sold out. you wouldnt even be able to get in without buying a ticket in advance for sullys, stone church, red square, sullivan hall, iron horse unless you got there to stand in line before doors opened. everyone needs to invite everyone they know and get them all to forward the invite and keep it going. all of you with over 500 facebook friends need to get to work!!!!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 12:38:57 am »
Quote from: ChrisF;252685
all of you with over 500 facebook "friends" need to get to work!!!!

fixed. and, lol, right :lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 02:13:24 am »
Fitz I\'d wait to see how many people actually show up before I put all my money on the mass-facebook-invite fast-track to super-stardom.

ChrisF

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 05:22:16 am »
Quote from: Klout;252688
Fitz I\'d wait to see how many people actually show up before I put all my money on the mass-facebook-invite fast-track to super-stardom.

its not a fast track to super stardom. its a tedious job that would be a lot of work to constantly stay on top of and it would require several peoples help always keeping it up to date. you just said you had a good feeling about this one. what made you change your mind and think people wont actually show up?

each event needs photos, a video, and all the links to .info, .org. archive, etc...its not something to do for a just week or a month and give up on. it has to be maintained. if we can eventually invite 3000 jam band fans, shoot mostly  for ages 25 and under, and encourage them to invite everyone they know who likes live music,  it will still make a huge difference even if barely 1% of the invites make it to the show

tea leaf green packed the paradise last weekend and almost everyone i talked to pre show and at setbreak were not even familiar with tlg\'s music at all. most went to the show because they just like jambands and would have been at umphreys, moe, disco biscuits, or whoever was else was in town. i asked everyone i talked to about the breakfast and most of them said they liked the band and mentioned that tim was a sick guitarist or whatever, but most also had said they had not been to a show in a few years. some thought the band broke up and tim went solo, but mentioned reba and crazy sandwiches that they heard tim play on archive/bt.etree.org. not a single person out of the 50-60 i talked over the weekend said they never heard of the band or didnt like them.

more than half of the people i talked to had heard of kung fu also or at least knew tim and adrian were in a new band with stoops. these people are not on .info but i think they would go to a show if they knew they were happening. they threw down $20 for a tea leaf ticket and were not really even fans. so i think they would pay $10 and go to a breakfast show. i dont think anything is being done right now to promote shows in a way to connect with these people who are probably everywhere.

147 people were invited to mill street this for saturday. 21 are going and 20 are maybes. but i just looked on my friend list and invited 40 more people who i know have seen the band at mill st in the past. why were they not invited earlier? this show is only a few days away! if they were invited a week or two ago maybe they could have invited 5 more people each who probably should have been on the list already. and maybe they could have each invited a friend or two. and then it just spreads even further.

for fucks sake i just had to tell paul ryan about the mill st show and he\'s 1 of the only 2 people that can add dates to the .info calendar. if the people in charge of the fan site dont even have the info how are n00bs supposed to find it???
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 05:27:21 am by ChrisF »

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 10:49:11 am »
Quote from: Klout;252652
I have a good feeling about this one!

L&TG > OE!!!!

I second this motion...
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 12:39:36 pm »
oh man we are almost there! :guitar::stoned::beer::guitar:
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh