Author Topic: ugh......................  (Read 1581 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
ugh......................
« on: April 14, 2010, 02:16:12 pm »
Why would a company bring you in for an interview, then at the end of the interview tell you that they want to bring you in to meet with upper-management.  Then tell you that you\'ll hear back from them by end of day with available times, then a couple days later send a rejection letter...

If you weren\'t interested at that point, why continue the game?

I don\'t get it...  I really don\'t...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 02:32:11 pm »
Because they have the jobs and we don\'t. Best not to get angry.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 02:35:50 pm »
you were probably a good candidate, but they went with somebody else. happens everyday to lots of people.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 02:50:43 pm »
Nah, I didn\'t even make it to the second round...  I got bluffed into thinking I was being brought in for the second round...  I\'m just frustrated because I killed it in like 7 or 8 interviews over the past couple of weeks and got 2 rejections yesterday and 1 today...  I\'ve got two prospects in the wings, but the waiting is killing me and the pressure of keeping up with all the bills is starting to get to me... Unemployment helps, but $600 doesn\'t even pay the mortgage, let alone all the other bills... Enough bitching...  Didn\'t mean to be a debbie downer...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 02:54:34 pm »
Maybe you shouldnt have told them they have to pray for some schmucks whose house blew up.......save prayers for people who really need them...like there is a God anyway....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 02:58:55 pm »
Whatever Steve... Go back to the booze shop...

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 02:59:33 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;255788
Whatever Steve... Go back to the booze shop...

never left broseph
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 03:12:51 pm »
Yoda, as someone who interviews people in my department, I can say that the criteria for a specific job opening can often be narrow and exclude many people who are otherwise very capable.  

We have rejected peeps who have gone to top schools or have great work experience because of entitled attitudes, a lack of a skill or interest specific to the job or even if they are too opportunistic for the job at hand. Some hiring managers probably desire toolish, scripted people for the openings but I personally like people I can connect with who offer natural responses in the dialogue.

Hopefully you\'ll find a decent gig in the coming months.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 03:19:58 pm »
Z - I appreciate the perspective... I understand that\'s a tough market out there... My major gripe is that if they weren\'t interested, why say that you were going to get back to me by end of day with times for the next meeting...

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 03:21:58 pm »
thats weird that they made it sound like they wanted you back for a second interview, but then sent a rejection letter... you\'d think they\'d do the interview first. I have never heard of that happening.

interviewing is weird these days, i have a third round interview for an internship next week... an INTERNSHIP! Third round! anyone have to do 3 rounds for an internship? I am competing against 2 college kids, if i don\'t get it i\'ll really feel like a POS.

but anyway, the economy is still in the dumper no matter what people say about it beginning to turn around.. .we won\'t be back to normal until 2012, if that.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 03:29:24 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;255780
Why would a company bring you in for an interview, then at the end of the interview tell you that they want to bring you in to meet with upper-management.  Then tell you that you\'ll hear back from them by end of day with available times, then a couple days later send a rejection letter...

keep your chin up. Looking for work when you need it blows.

What field are you in ?
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 03:50:13 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;255795
Quote from: Yoda;255780

keep your chin up. Looking for work when you need it blows.

What field are you in ?

I\'m in marketing / research & analysis.  In my last position I handling the direct marketing efforts for a publishing arm of Thomson Reuters before they divested the division off to a private equity company...

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 08:14:40 pm »
good luck, yoda. i know how frustrating it can be. i\'ve had a similar thing happen to me before back in the day.  economy is awful right now, i don\'t care who says its getting better.  i don\'t need to work more than part time and i can\'t even find a PT job.   (Unless I shchlep back to the evil empire of retail...) In any case, something will come along eventually.  But i imagine with two kids and a house, its killer.  somehow keep your sanity.

today is just a big day of uggggh. i just found out i have to have this awful procedure done and there\'s no way out of it.  i am effin just effin pissed at life right now.