Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-11-29 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 18714 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
Setlist: 2008-11-29 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2008, 09:54:24 pm »
thanks for the instructions, knowledge is power, but i\'m pretty lazy about this stuff, soo...

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2008, 10:30:30 pm »
I proclaim this show my favorite of the 24 I\'ve seen this year.

For starters, after the instrumental portion of Lit we have a nice fakeout leading to the album version of See The Light, which had a quality jam much as Psygn did.

Here\'s a somewhat funny story: about three hours before the show Tim asks me "to put on some kick-ass Phish." I obliged, putting on The Live One version of Stash. He then told me with a sly smile, "funny you should put this song on." Obviously, I knew then that Stash was being played and it turned out to be an excellent version as they built it nicely, took it way out there, and then brought it back flawlessly.

But as strong as the first set was, I felt the second set was definitely better. I\'m not a huge Grateful Dead fan, but I truly thought the Help on the Way jam was phenomenal, perhaps the highlight of the show. It started funky, though not generically funky, and then went so far out there that I was actually surprised it made it to Slipknot!, though that probably just shows my Dead ignorance, if anything.

Anyway, Hard Luck jam was absolutely outstanding. Didn\'t waste much time building; just took off and destroyed. And yet another stellar version of Metropolis was preceded by great crowd response upon hearing the opening bass line, which is more than deserved based on the reputation this song has gained.

And as if we needed anymore, Gladys also had a fantastic jam and then the cherry on top was finishing Lit, which solidified the show for me as an absolute classic. And as it turns out, finishing Lit was not planned as the band decided to it based on someone from the crowd yelling "finish Lit!". And that person was none other than Ren, who was standing right next to me.

So in retrospect, whether or not Jordan will ever officially be back, it certainly feels like he\'s back based on the quality of performance and the overall positive feel in the crowd at this show and in Fairfield a few weeks ago. The fact that he didn\'t rehearse and had never once ran Metropolis, which Adrian noted during the show, makes what transpired all the more amazing.

Nermel9

• the nice girl
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2008, 10:42:50 pm »
And as it turns out, finishing Lit was not planned as the band decided to it based on someone from the crowd yelling "finish Lit!". And that person was none other than Ren, who was standing right next to me.

Really?   He\'ll be very happy to know he was responsible for that. :)

Ren

• what?
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2008, 10:07:42 am »
actually it makes me angry.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2008, 10:28:37 am »
Quote from: Ren;212447
actually it makes me angry.

quote of the week right there
DS Newbers

Ren

• what?
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2008, 11:35:52 am »
...;)
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

thatguy

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2008, 03:07:47 pm »
fitzy,u puttin this show up soon?this is one i realy want to hear.

ChrisF

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2008, 03:23:58 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;212608
fitzy,u puttin this show up soon?this is one i realy want to hear.

it will be up by the weekend

psychjosh

« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2008, 03:32:13 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;212433
I proclaim this show my favorite of the 24 I\'ve seen this year.

For starters, after the instrumental portion of Lit we have a nice fakeout leading to the album version of See The Light, which had a quality jam much as Psygn did.

Here\'s a somewhat funny story: about three hours before the show Tim asks me "to put on some kick-ass Phish." I obliged, putting on The Live One version of Stash. He then told me with a sly smile, "funny you should put this song on." Obviously, I knew then that Stash was being played and it turned out to be an excellent version as they built it nicely, took it way out there, and then brought it back flawlessly.

But as strong as the first set was, I felt the second set was definitely better. I\'m not a huge Grateful Dead fan, but I truly thought the Help on the Way jam was phenomenal, perhaps the highlight of the show. It started funky, though not generically funky, and then went so far out there that I was actually surprised it made it to Slipknot!, though that probably just shows my Dead ignorance, if anything.

Anyway, Hard Luck jam was absolutely outstanding. Didn\'t waste much time building; just took off and destroyed. And yet another stellar version of Metropolis was preceded by great crowd response upon hearing the opening bass line, which is more than deserved based on the reputation this song has gained.

And as if we needed anymore, Gladys also had a fantastic jam and then the cherry on top was finishing Lit, which solidified the show for me as an absolute classic. And as it turns out, finishing Lit was not planned as the band decided to it based on someone from the crowd yelling "finish Lit!". And that person was none other than Ren, who was standing right next to me.

So in retrospect, whether or not Jordan will ever officially be back, it certainly feels like he\'s back based on the quality of performance and the overall positive feel in the crowd at this show and in Fairfield a few weeks ago. The fact that he didn\'t rehearse and had never once ran Metropolis, which Adrian noted during the show, makes what transpired all the more amazing.

Me and Aruny were also calling for them to finish LIT from the time they went into STL!! I\'m very happy they finished it. I would\'ve felt jipped if it just slipped away!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

thatguy

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2008, 03:51:45 pm »
sweet!u da man fitz.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2008, 10:26:35 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;212433
Here\'s a somewhat funny story: about three hours before the show Tim asks me "to put on some kick-ass Phish." I obliged, putting on The Live One version of Stash. He then told me with a sly smile, "funny you should put this song on." Obviously, I knew then that Stash was being played and it turned out to be an excellent version as they built it nicely, took it way out there, and then brought it back flawlessly

didnt you tell me during Gladys that you were bumpin some Ol Dirty Bastard earlier in the day? .. leading to some shimmy shimmy yawww during the bridge or \'pre funk part\'
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2008, 03:54:17 pm »
Indeed, Shimmy Shimmy Ya was blasting throughout the house on Saturday (per Tim\'s request) and that wound up leading to said tease in said song.

PS - This situation has nothing to do with Right Said Fred

PSS- I\'m too sexy for this thread

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2008, 06:09:11 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;212614
sweet!u da man fitz.

Dat the truth!!

Am going to be taking this one into hospital with me next week (minor throat op) - gotta have some good tunes to get me through three days in there.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

ChrisF

« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2008, 07:38:31 pm »
it will be posted in a couple hours

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2008, 07:40:32 pm »
fitz can you somehow sendspace or archive it for me and others who cant use the bt ?  thanks a ton if you can brah, and thanks for recording this shit to begin with
*Gia*