Author Topic: Stolen car advice  (Read 2497 times)

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
Stolen car advice
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2008, 03:12:35 pm »
Really sad to hear this. I donated my truck to the kidney foundation. Was able to takea $3k deduction on my taxes.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
Stolen car advice
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 04:07:58 pm »
alright, enough willi bashing.
::awaits Alexi bashing::

seriously though, willimantic is pretty ghetto. percentage wise i think it was the most puerto rican town in the US at some point (not that that has anything to do with crime and dope, of course). crack whores are everywhere, and not shy at all.

uber dick.
who steals a car from a church?
caress me, aunt jemima

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Stolen car advice
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2008, 04:15:04 pm »
Bummer this happened Alli but why do you even need a car?
 Can\'t you just piggyback on Alexi for rides?
You\'re not that big and I am sure his back can handle it.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Stolen car advice
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2008, 04:24:26 pm »
Quote from: Lexington;176608

seriously though, willimantic is pretty ghetto. percentage wise i think it was the most puerto rican town in the US at some point

actually (i dont know statistics), i think amsterdam ny, aptly nicknamed "amster rico" has a very high percentage.  some of the upstaters might be able to identify with me on this statement.  troylets and amstericos are always battling it out for whos scummier....

and then there\'s cohoes, ny...right across the river from troy.  in a league of its own...that place is full of co-"hoes"
DS Newbers

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
Stolen car advice
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2008, 04:33:42 pm »
You\'ve obviously never been to Willi-Rico

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Stolen car advice
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2008, 04:36:46 pm »
Is any town that has a large PR population not currupted by it?  Hmmm, maybe there is something about \'em (sidenote, my best friend is PR, though a conservative one!).
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
Stolen car advice
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2008, 04:52:49 pm »
The Willimantic schools have a 62% hispanic population

jking

• thanks!!
Stolen car advice
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2008, 07:15:42 pm »
my sincerest sympathies, SA!!!! that truly sucks! hopefully holly\'s cousin can help out some. next time we talk to jill\'s gigantic catholic family up there, i\'ll ask if anyone has an old car they want to get rid of. id say go the scooter route, but its too damn cold up there for that!!

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Stolen car advice
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2008, 10:49:48 pm »
Oh my gosh Alli, I can\'t believe this. It makes me so sad and angry. I\'m so incredibly sorry. I know that there isn\'t much I can do being up here, but if there is ANYTHING you can think of, please let me know.

Wish I could give you a hug right now!

Everytime I start to feel good about people something like this happens.
Masturbation in the MFA

SkyePrizm

• separator
Stolen car advice
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2008, 10:57:22 pm »
Quote from: Overexjoesure;176568
Well, they would ask her how long the car had been in its spot and I\'m sure a bunch more questions.  Cops aren\'t stupid. I\'m just saying it\'s better to guard your grill than to set yourself up for more trouble.

she can\'t get in trouble unless she was driving the car (without insurance) and got in an accident. in that case, she would get a ticket...   Basically, having it stolen with no insurance just sucks.  I hate to be the debbie downer, but the odds of catching the bad guys are slim.

Good luck.   Make sure you get a bunch of price quotes when you get it fixed. Don\'t be afraid to shop around.

In the 50 years my grandparents lived in east haven, they had their cars stolen TWICE from out of their driveway.  It\'s tough just about anywhere....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 09:11:21 am by SkyePrizm »

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Stolen car advice
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2008, 08:51:23 am »
Quote from: sconnie4satan;176550
oh honey....i\'m so sorry.

Quote from: sallyalli;176560
the bad guy went though my cds, I cant wait to see which one he picked to listen to while crashing into a ditch.

Quote from: sallyalli;176589
im pretty sure after all this shit gets figured out and I have a car back I\'m gonna have to go back to NH. There will be no way I can afford to live here.

Quote from: jocelyn;176643
I know that there isn\'t much I can do being up here, but if there is ANYTHING you can think of, please let me know.

Wish I could give you a hug right now!

Everytime I start to feel good about people something like this happens.

:that: :(
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
Stolen car advice
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2008, 10:45:57 am »
i\'m going to play devils advocate here and point out that if he had hurt or killed someone, YOU could be held personally liable since you didn\'t have insurance. you cain\'t afford to NOT carry liability insurance on a vehicle. if he killed someone else, you could be fucked for a long long time.