Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-07-22 - 10,000 Lakes Festival; Detroit Lakes, MN  (Read 24457 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Setlist: 2005-07-22 - 10,000 Lakes Festival; Detroit Lakes, MN
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2005, 01:02:08 pm »
Quote from: bryank
when I talked to tim he said they were playing Chicago again on Fall tour and probably Iowa City....I\'m trying to get him to book either Sioux Falls, SD or Minneapolis.  There is a great brewery in Sioux Falls that would cater very well to the boys.

That\'s what I\'m talkin\' about!  :banana:

btw, pretty sure i heard an I Dream of Jeanie (sp? butchered?) tease in Gravity.. think around the 7:30 mark.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2005, 01:14:06 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
btw, pretty sure i heard an I Dream of Jeanie (sp? butchered?) tease in Gravity.. think around the 7:30 mark.

that\'s one thing i think gets missed around here a lot.... TONS of brief hints, barely teases that get thrown in. go back and listen to UAC and see if you notice both jordan and timmy foreshadownig the we want the funk jam with little almost teases of it in the gladys>score craziness. those are just the first ones that pop in my head, but i dare say there\'s always something getting snuck in to most shows.....

as for this show, a couple questions now that i\'ve listened to it a couple times....
1)is it just the recording, or did timmy get a new distortion pedal (rocktron, perhaps)?
2) why was the start delayed?
3) why weren\'t there merch or mailing lists out?
4) why start up a taboot instead of just raging the rufus out? (ok, well this one is a matter of personal preference, but i\'d imagnie its because all of the tunes were shorter versions, in (i\'m guessing) order to play as many different tunes as possible to folks unacquainted with the band and not just constantly jam)
5) how wild is that (basically) entirely n00b crowd? they LOVED that shite!!! i\'ve always thought that the b\'s sound is bigger than the venues they play, and if they got a chance to play big stages with big crowds their intensity wouldn\'t be so overwhelming to the uninitiated. this show (while not on the big stage, per se) confirms my thoughts!

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2005, 01:52:58 pm »
^ great review

Gordo, as much as it pains me to admit it, I think a Thursday night LBC appearance and then a weekend in Chicago is the logical thing. I would love to get them in Lafayette on a Fri/Sat, but it\'s more practical to do Chicago. Can you imagine a night out on the Magnificent Mile with the Magnificent Four?! Shwaaaay....
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2005, 02:19:26 pm »
they cut off taboo because they didnt want to go over the time limit, and didnt know they were at the time limit until the song was going.  they wanted to keep a good reputation, going 39 seconds over, and dobz said if they went a minute over they\'d pull the plugs
*Gia*

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2005, 04:53:09 pm »
not to be argumentative, but it sounded like tim already knew they were short on time (says something about One Last Tune or something like that at the abrupt end of rufus), so i, personally, would have rathered them just rage out the rufus. now, that being said, the tabboo is badass with HUGE energy coming off the boys and i have no problem with it. in fact i think it was probably worthwhile for them to kick into one last tune that left everyone on their feet. but man, to cut short a rufus for a taboo....

ah well, ain\'t my band, ain\'t my call! :)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2005, 05:03:22 pm »
rufus still had plenty of rage, taboo sounded great, i think it was done well. got the noobs to hear one more song.

jking-- absolutely agree with you on "why the hell was there no merch/mailing list!!!???" i was shocked when i heard that. point #5 --  :thumbsup: . couldnt agree more.

kate, my hopes for 1 LBC, 2 Chicago may be a bit greedy. id love it, but hey Lafayette Friday > Chicago Saturday wasnt too shabby. and btw, you better believe your ass is coming up to the city this time around.. ive already made up my mind that a hotel is due for their next spin around Chicago.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

bryank

• South Dakota represent!
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/pbrband
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2005, 12:26:17 pm »
1)is it just the recording, or did timmy get a new distortion pedal (rocktron, perhaps)?
2) why was the start delayed?
3) why weren\'t there merch or mailing lists out?

1.) I think it is just the recording....my buddy got a picture of his pedal board though but has yet to develop the pictures.
2.) My guess would be because Fat Maw Rooney had way too much shit on stage.  They had their own lights, etc and TB was standing there waiting to load-in while FMR got all of their shit out of there.
3.) I would guess that they knew they werent going to have time after the show to schmooze with anyone....I tried talking to Tim after the show and security made me leave.

Steffmo

• rekkid company mogul
    • http://horizonmusicgroup.com
upcoming....
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2005, 12:28:40 pm »
Just to fill you\'all in....

We still have not got confirmation on a new agent, not that this is a big problem, because the phoe has been ringing.  The fallout from 10klf has been a lot of calls for dates in the midwest from great new spots.  This will be the basis for a fall tour up yhat way.

Alex was in the hospital for a week, and is still 60 percent....but most of the hold up is still on the agent side.  Hopefully this will resolve on Friday.

There is a lot of good momentum, and I expect Moe.down will continue that.  A little more support in the midwest will make the tour routing a lot easier.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2005, 12:43:41 pm »
Quote from: Steffmo
Just to fill you\'all in....

We still have not got confirmation on a new agent, not that this is a big problem, because the phoe has been ringing.  The fallout from 10klf has been a lot of calls for dates in the midwest from great new spots.  This will be the basis for a fall tour up yhat way.

Looks like I need to get my ass up to LBC and tell the owner to get on the ball for fall booking. It\'s wishful thinking, but it would be ser if TB stopped by LBC/Chicago at the beginning of the tour, then made another stop on the way back. Gordo, I have a good friend that goes to IL Institute of Art and has an apt about 6 blocks from Navy Pier. If a hotel falls through, I know she would take us in. Knowing my friend Jeremy, though, he would probably just drive back to Lafayette at 3 AM.

BTW, I talked to a guy on Shakedown at the Widespread concert that knows the guys who run Schwagstock in the Ozarks. I think it\'s this weekend, actually? Anyway, I gave him a TB sampler and told him about the websites. He\'d heard TB before and said that if they made it to Schwagstock next summer, it would be awesome exposure for a lot of small-medium sized venue owners further west of the Mississippi. Just a thought for the future.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2005, 12:46:48 pm »
^^^^^^^^^no offense Kyndkate, but Schwagstock is a bunch of cover bands playing throughout the weekend, and I think this band is a little more into the big leagues these days if you know what I mean. (why would anyone name their band the Schwag??)
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2005, 12:52:25 pm »
Yeah, I don\'t really know anything about the festival...just a thought. We should at least check things out, even if they turn out to be under TB\'s potential. I get what you\'re saying, though.

shadygroove

• Local Bohemean
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2005, 04:44:57 pm »
The Schwag... Yeah, I agree, they’re a small Dead cover band from here in Iowa City and I feel the name is a direct reflection on the bands talent. (No offence to the band or anything. Okay maybe a little bit.)  I\'m digging what I\'m reading with the fall tour coming up and all. One night at the LBC and two in the big city! I wouldn\'t hesitate to make it to all three, but let’s not forget Iowa.  It\'s already been placed on the map twice and the crowd has been growing for the past year and a half awaiting the 3rd arrival.

Not to be greedy or anything, but I think a strong tour throughout the mid-west is just what the guys need about now. Us country fellers need a good grove to rock to when working the fields :)
Plant yourself in the minds of others so you may grow in them as you do yourself.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2005, 05:33:44 pm »
i have a few friends that live in iowa city
*Gia*

shadygroove

• Local Bohemean
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2005, 09:26:09 am »
It\'s not that big of a town. Perhaps I\'ve seen them at shows or could possibly know them. Are they heady?
Plant yourself in the minds of others so you may grow in them as you do yourself.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2005, 09:29:51 am »
^^^^yeah for sure........... never seen the breakfast, but they spent the last many years phish touring and just got done with the panic tour.
*Gia*