Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-09-11 - Mercury Lounge; New York, NY  (Read 5909 times)

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Setlist: 2008-09-11 - Mercury Lounge; New York, NY
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 01:20:41 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;202616
last time played 2-5-1994

1994, huh? I\'d say 2004 would be alittle closer
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 01:31:34 pm »
It\'s definitely a fact that PB took a loss in their fanbase after the name change.

As it turned out, at least in western mass, much of their fanbase were rather "psychedelic" people indeed. I personally found the name change uncool at the time but it didn\'t stop me from going to see shows. Now I\'m certainly long over it, but there\'s still a little nostalgia for the old days and I don\'t mind welcoming the band on stage with a loud "Psyyyyychedelic Breakfaaaaast!!" once in a while.... whether or not the band appreciates this or wishes I would just shut up, I\'ll never know ;)

Just recently as I "upgraded" my 1995 Subaru Legacy to a 1998 Subaru Forester, I was forced to leave behind my old "PB" bumper sticker and replace it with one of those new fangled "The Breakfast" ones. Forced, I tell ya!

The verdict is still out as for whether or not to get a new Phish sticker.... I guess I\'m still looking for the same one I used to have...

BTW I am going to make a great old man some day
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:36:35 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 02:12:58 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;202621

:lol:
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Whineberg

• http://
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 02:21:48 pm »
I already make a great old man, and I have a few of both of the old round white stickers. Last "Za" I remember was at that place on Warren Street in NYC, can\'t remember the name "????? Blues", I think. Is that the show??
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 02:25:09 pm by Whineberg »

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 02:25:14 pm »
It\'s definitely a fact that PB took a loss in their fanbase after the name change.

As it turned out, at least in western mass, much of their fanbase were rather "psychedelic" people indeed. I personally found the name change uncool at the time but it didn\'t stop me from going to see shows. Now I\'m certainly long over it, but there\'s still a little nostalgia for the old days and I don\'t mind welcoming the band on stage with a loud "Psyyyyychedelic Breakfaaaaast!!" once in a while.... whether or not the band appreciates this or wishes I would just shut up, I\'ll never know ;)

Just recently as I "upgraded" my 1995 Subaru Legacy to a 1998 Subaru Forester, I was forced to leave behind my old "PB" bumper sticker and replace it with one of those new fangled "The Breakfast" ones. Forced, I tell ya!

The verdict is still out as for whether or not to get a new Phish sticker.... I guess I\'m still looking for the same one I used to have...

I\'ve got some pb brain stickers if you want one tuna!

great day in nyc. got down there early and tim and I hit the empire state building while elis wandered the streets below. Then we met up with Diana for some pie up in harlem by ltrains old place before heading back downtown for the show. can\'t remember the last time we got a score. Ellis corrected me on the classical piece being chopin, not mozart. THe other act was really good. Pretty straight forward rock compared to the breakfast but they had the crowd going nuts. Awesome guitarist.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 02:34:24 pm »
Quote from: Whineberg;202629
I already make a great old man, and I have a few of both of the old round white stickers. Last "Za" I remember was at that place on Warren Street in NYC, can\'t remember the name "????? Blues", I think. Is that the show??

Tribeca Blues, may have been called Tribeca Rock at that point. I\'m pretty sure it\'s closed now.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Whineberg

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 03:01:04 pm »
Yes, thanks. It was Tribeca Blues.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 06:17:02 pm »
Ren asked for this picture:

Here\'s the rest of them, mostly tim and I at the empire state building
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 07:20:13 pm »
nice pics

LBoogie

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 10:09:58 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;202630

I\'ve got some pb brain stickers if you want one tuna!

great day in nyc. got down there early and tim and I hit the empire state building while elis wandered the streets below. Then we met up with Diana for some pie up in harlem by ltrains old place before heading back downtown for the show. can\'t remember the last time we got a score. Ellis corrected me on the classical piece being chopin, not mozart. THe other act was really good. Pretty straight forward rock compared to the breakfast but they had the crowd going nuts. Awesome guitarist.

well it\'s comforting to know you guys still know your way to the old neighborhood:)  sooooooo glad you enjoyed patsy\'s btw......that place was my lifeline in my downtime:)  can you say.....HUUUUUUUUUge welcome home ltrain party harlem style?  maybe the breakfast can play up the street..lol.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 10:47:57 pm »
no offense ltrain, but patsy\'s = 7 out of 10 with 1 being perfection and 10 being ellios. I mean it was good, but even as a different style of pie it tasted like they rushed it a little. the dough was so thin that it would bubble and push all the sauce away leaving huge dry spots on the pie. Also, because it was so thin (we\'re talking 1/3rd to 1/2 the thickness of sally\'s) it became very crisp, but somehow tasted undercooked in parts also. Their we-insist-on-calling-a-pie-with-sauce-and-shredded-motz-a-plain was fantastic. What I would call a plain (graded cheese, garlic only) left something to be desired and the toppings were hit or miss. Onions tasted undercooked, pepperoni was incredible. Red pepper was good. Best pie was the "plain". Sauce and cheese were great, but the dough scored very very low. The place we went to years ago down in little italy was much better imo pie for pie but I\'d have the motz again here.

can\'t touch a pepe\'s though, which can\'t touch a modern, which can\'t touch a john and marie\'s which can\'t touch a bar which can\'t touch nature\'s most perfect food, sally\'s. :drool:

GLuft3

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 11:16:18 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;202668
can\'t touch a pepe\'s though, which can\'t touch a modern, which can\'t touch a john and marie\'s which can\'t touch a bar which can\'t touch nature\'s most perfect food, sally\'s. :drool:

Amen to that!  I was wondering what brought out the Za in the show.

Sounds like a fun day.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 12:23:08 am »
paul,  i\'ve been searching for a brain sticker for a good while....hook a newbie up?

LBoogie

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 12:38:11 am »
its all good zappa....i still adore sally\'s...i mean honestly...how could you not?

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 01:39:42 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;202668

I\'m jonesing for a John and Marie\'s pie right now, thanks Paul, as I\'m stuck here in Chi-Town.  Sorry for the hijack, but...
You Lucky Bastards!