Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-08-30 - The Field; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 8410 times)

peaches626

Setlist: 2008-08-30 - The Field; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 12:11:04 pm »
nice one zuke!!

da dunk tssshhhhhh:rimshot:
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Whineberg

• http://
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 02:18:48 pm »
I\'m getting out, while the getting is good.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 02:47:21 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;201110
yes DEFINITELY bittersweet symphony teases in there and there was also a fresh cut tease at the beginning of reel time that was enough of a fake out that it definitely also deserves setlist notation.

I thought I heard a Fresh Cut tease at the time, but I reconsidered that maybe I was just fishing for a bustout (even one that I wouldn\'t be overly excited for like Fresh Cut). After another listen, though, it\'s definitely an intentional tease.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 04:25:18 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;201198
Quote from: Jim Cobb;201195
if i start seeing shady dudes in bfast lots saying in a monotone voice "dxm.....      2C-B.....      dxm......          2C-B.....", i\'m turning around and going home. ;)

are you crazy!?!

i\'d love it if walsh came back!

rotfl

no, no i think you misundestood me, i didn\'t say a shady dude with a monotone voice who\'s ON dxm and 2c-b.... ;)
Postcount +1.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 05:32:18 pm »
^^
A good combination of you like serotonin syndrome, heart palpitations, and possible seizure.

stick to the catamine for combos ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2008, 07:01:02 pm »
Definitely a Fresh Cut tease at the beginning of Reel Time. BTW.... WOW what a show!! Enjoying the DVD at the moment, thank you again Ken.... LBoogie I can see you up front rocking like crazy!

AWWWWW YEAH BREAKFAST RULES!!!!!!!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 01:36:11 pm »
just caught a garcian tease in EE2.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 04:42:52 pm »
Pre-show teases included Miles Beyond and It\'s Ice, 2 songs I would love to hear sometime.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 07:29:40 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;201396
just caught a [-]garcian[/-] Gay Seein\' tease in EE2.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

peaches626

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2008, 11:33:51 pm »
what the funk = ehnice!

and beginning of eschers II jam makes me think of Great Big Fiery Ball in the Sky, which reminds me that I want the Breakfast to play that song.

And in absencio, Leith endorses GBFBIT
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:33:51 pm by peaches626 »

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 11:43:59 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;201457
and beginning of eschers II jam makes me think of Great Big Fiery Ball in the Sky, which reminds me that I want the Breakfast to play that song.

i agree, taintlicker.  reminds me of the puppet house great big ( my favorite one ever.)
*Gia*

peaches626

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 11:49:01 pm »
i think i remember the best a trio performance of great big at the century lounge in providence- a really cool jam from three piece era

Ren

• what?
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2008, 12:38:08 am »
...the b\'fast does not need the typical disco biscuits fan.  

the same kinds of "gimme all the drugs i can get, doesn\'t matter what it is, i\'ll take it," people are what turned me off from the jam scene.  i was glad to see that for the most part, well almost the majority of b\'fast fans when i first started coming around back in the good ol\' days, were nothing like that.  that type of person is a cancer to ANY music scene.  also the kind of person that made phish supposedly lose their desire to play for people.  that fan does NOT have genuine passion for music.  they have a passion for drugs.  the music is just an after thought or something to move to, i mean, at the lot in plains, pa they were dancing to j. geils for christ\'s sake, fuckin\' sit these people in a big, open room with flashing lights and a big screen tv with any random movie on and they\'ll have the same reaction.

every one of their fans i have ever met since like \'98 or \'99 has mentioned how fucked up they were and how many different drugs they\'d taken when they went.  according to older fans of the band, it wasn\'t always like that.  surprise, surprise, yet another thing ruined by filthy, dirty, scuzzy, nasty-ass immature druggies.  i went to see phish in 2000 at the meadows, we took a "bisco girl," like half way through the show while wandering around i ran into her, she immediately comes up to me, eyes darting around and huge, and goes, "heeeeeey, what\'s up, are you having a good time?!?!  what are you on?!?"  i was like, "uh, nothing,"  she was like, "seriously? that\'s uh, cool," and got a sarcastic thumbs up...

if you need to take drugs to enjoy a band, do you really like that band to begin with?

no fuckin\' thanks.  imagine a bar full of those assholes?  or a place like maybe, the field or jake\'s, or some kind of nice place they\'ve never played before, for example, does anyone think they\'d be invited back?!?!  

i think not...
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2008, 12:50:08 am »
^^  i agree for the most part, but there is nothing like being faced at a bfast show.
*Gia*

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2008, 01:17:52 am »
Quote from: Ren;201466
that fan does NOT have genuine passion for music.  they have a passion for drugs.  the music is just an after thought or something to move to, i mean, at the lot in plains, pa they were dancing to j. geils for christ\'s sake, fuckin\' sit these people in a big, open room with flashing lights and a big screen tv with any random movie on and they\'ll have the same reaction.

Hey whats wrong with J Geils Band??!

.....Alright I guess J Giels went downhill pretty fast after "Give It To Me"

but anywho, I can totally see where your coming from Ren, And I have seen a buncha Breakfast shows completely sober, but Gabo makes a good point. Being faced at a Breakfast show can be a GREAT fucking thing. And I\'m not talking about taking a bunch random pharmies/deemsters/whatnot, I\'m talkin bout good old fashion ***.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice