Author Topic: The LOST Season 5 Thread  (Read 27116 times)

peaches626

LOST Season 5 News & Discussion
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2009, 11:37:37 pm »
my opinion-

this episode was much more epic/good dramatic than the previous

i don\'t love the smoke monster in this whole story, but i\'ll wait to pass real judgement until it\'s all explained

what\'s weird for me is that they said they needed all of the oceanic 6 to come back- but they\'ve only got freakin jack and sun in the old ladies place.  

do they need desmond too?

what about sun\'s kid?

or walt!?!

also, my theory is that now that locke twisted the wheel into a standard place the oceanic left behinds will be stuck in time in the past when the darma initiative is going on and that\'s when farraday was seen running into the asian guy in the orchid and when farraday will see charlotte as a child and tell her to never come back to the island (even though he knows it will be no help)
taints rule, gypsies drool!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2009, 01:14:29 pm »
here\'s one I thought of - during the jughead episode, when the flash took place, the others camp dissapeared because they moved forward in time to a place where the camp was no longer there.

ok, makes sense.

but in the next episode, they steal a boat and they are in the boat when a flash happens, and they are still in the boat in the next time period (when it\'s raining)...

shouldn\'t the boat have stayed in the other time line and they would instead all be in the water? Same goes for the bullet in locks leg, the compass, etc, etc. It\'s probably just a continuity error, but if everything dissapears when they jump in time, then EVERYTHING should dissapear when they jump in time. Same goes with the roap to the well sawyer was holding last night. The well goes away but the roap stays...

the only argument I can see them saying is maybe anything they are touching moves through time with them?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2009, 01:19:13 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;219702
the only argument I can see them saying is maybe anything they are touching moves through time with them?

:that:
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2009, 09:32:29 pm »
*watching lost right now*

re: ben "tying up loose end"

he\'d better not be going to kill penny.  i\'ll be all kinds of heated.
Postcount +1.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2009, 09:54:20 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;219702
here\'s one I thought of - during the jughead episode, when the flash took place, the others camp dissapeared because they moved forward in time to a place where the camp was no longer there.

ok, makes sense.

but in the next episode, they steal a boat and they are in the boat when a flash happens, and they are still in the boat in the next time period (when it\'s raining)...

shouldn\'t the boat have stayed in the other time line and they would instead all be in the water? Same goes for the bullet in locks leg, the compass, etc, etc. It\'s probably just a continuity error, but if everything dissapears when they jump in time, then EVERYTHING should dissapear when they jump in time. Same goes with the roap to the well sawyer was holding last night. The well goes away but the roap stays...

it all depends which logic of time travel you prescribe to.  if you prefer the terminator style time travel, then yes you are right.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2009, 11:01:37 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;220176

that\'s definitely the first thing i thought. and maybe des kicked the shit out of him?

how does jack NOT ask ben on the plane what happened to him?!

also, didn\'t we know from the obituary that JACK READ that locke had hanged himself??

regardless, fantastic episode. first ever that stayed in one place without jumping back and forth? (with the exception of the initial "46 hours ago") but there was only one storyline in this ep, rather than the usual two.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2009, 11:08:13 pm »

alli said the same thing! he was at a dock when he called jack, and he did promise to kill her.

I hope not too.

one I\'d like answered, they built the lamp post church to find the island because it is one of many electrical blablabla in the world... what are the other ones? devils triangle/stonehenge kind of stuff? also, if you take what she said on face value, then I want to know how these first people who built the lamp post ever even thought of the island to look for it... I mean, was someone there and got out and was then trying to get back? was it just some crazy hypothesis whoever built the pendulum had that an island should exist due to (formula) and they were right? I mean, how the hell would you make the jump from, well, nothing, to lets build a giant pendulum in the basement of a church to look for an island that travels through time and space and can only be tracked using advanced physics.

great episode. I love how nerdy it is lately.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 05:35:32 am by FrankZappa »
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

peaches626

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2009, 11:43:12 pm »
i dug this ep.

what the hell happened to aaron

i\'d like to know how hurley got out of jail

what sayid was doing being arrested and moved out of the country to guam

and the ben killed penny theory is spot on in my opinion, although it makes me sad.... however this would give desmond reason to get back to the island, thus fulfilling eloise hawkins epic statement to des - "the island is not done with you"

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2009, 01:12:54 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;220193

alli said the same thing! he was at a dock when he called jack, and he did promise to kill her.

I hope not too.

one I\'d like answered, they built the lighthouse church to find the island because it is one of many electrical blablabla in the world... what are the other ones? devils triangle/stonehenge kind of stuff? also, if you take what she said on face value, then I want to know how these first people who built the lighthouse ever even thought of the island to look for it... I mean, was someone there and got out and was then trying to get back? was it just some crazy hypothesis whoever built the pendulum had that an island should exist due to (formula) and they were right? I mean, how the hell would you make the jump from, well, nothing, to lets build a giant pendulum in the basement of a church to look for an island that travels through time and space and can only be tracked using advanced physics.

great episode. I love how nerdy it is lately.

I think it\'s called the Lamp Post not lighthouse.
Is this a reference to The Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe? hmmmm.
If so it would make sense being called the Lamp Post.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2009, 05:17:54 am »
I never read lion witch and wardrobe, but I know it has many religious themes (the lion is jesus or something), and ben was talking about how everyone believes eventually jack with the story of jesus, so there were a couple of religous themes last night.

ok, remember though, aarons grandmother is in ca even though she doesn\'t know she has a grandchild. could it be that kate brought aaron to her and said "this is your grandchild", explained how her daughter gave birth to it before dying, and then walked away so she\'d be able to go back to the island? I could see that being the most likely case as kate doesn\'t have any real family...

unless sawyers daughter is watching it. They never went back to that story after he jumped out of the helicopter last season. :lol:

or, maybe sun took aaron, as she forshadowed in last weeks episode, "I have a playmate out here for you" when talking to her child.

bigmtskier

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2009, 08:41:50 am »
Sun was on the plane back to the Island too so unless she sent the little boy on a plane by himself to Korea; she didn\'t take him.
Who thinks Kate is going back pining for some Vitamin S --for Sawyer?   That would be ruthless as Jack is pretty happy when she\'s around.   By the way, I don\'t think she harmed Aaron, she\'s just being dramatic; I think shes just being "dramatic" \'cause she know she\'s going "home" to Sawyer....the little hussy.
I\'m thinking the whole premise of the show is a film school gone wild--the smoke monster is an exercise in special effects, as is the time travel jumps; polar bear, DI; etc;  anything is possible in movies...  I thought of this while asleep so feel to shoot theory out of the sky...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:44:02 am by bigmtskier »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2009, 09:09:27 am »
i don\'t know what kate did, but i bet it\'s a lot worse than handing it over to her grandmother. she looked like she was pretty stressed out...and this is a chick who\'s done some pretty bad shit. plus she told jack never to ask what she did.  i mean, she\'s capable of anything. she\'s remained untrustworthy throughout the show...nothing she does can be taken at face value. i almost feel bad for jack and sawyer...they can do better.

i\'m guessing ben killed penny, but not desmond. if the island isn\'t done with you, you\'re not done with the island (see: michael). no way des goes back if he\'s happy with penny somewhere
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2009, 09:19:52 am »
zappa~ somewhere the producers mentioned that if they are ni physical contact with something, that things jumps with them.

eloise kept mentioning a specific man who made the formulas and tried to figure out where the island would be next.... my money says that man is daniel faraday....

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2009, 09:25:15 am »
kate and sawyer hook up after another time shift and do the nasty in the pasty... they are the skeletons that jack found by the drinking water in the pilot.

peaches626

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2009, 12:20:20 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;220214
kate and sawyer hook up after another time shift and do the nasty in the pasty... they are the skeletons that jack found by the drinking water in the pilot.

regarding the skeletons, i\'m takin a shot in the dark and saying that will be bernard the dentis and rose the cancer survivor.... cuz who knows what the hell happened to them! they run off from flaming arrows and are never seen again!