Author Topic: The Breakfast on ChatRoulette!  (Read 3546 times)

dj dizzy k

• Breakfast connoisseur
The Breakfast on ChatRoulette!
« on: March 21, 2010, 06:54:05 pm »
So I\'ve been trying to find all sorts of different outlets to promote The Breakfast, and an idea dawned on me last night. I didn\'t know how well it would go over but I wanted to give it a shot. I downloaded a program called ManyCam where you can play videos through your webcam and loaded Chat Roulette up. If you don\'t know what Chat Roulette is it\'s a website that basically connects you via webcam to random people around the world.

I loaded in a video I had taken from a Chicago show a couple years back and started skipping through people in the chat. I probably went through about 50-60 people in the time frame of the video, and at least 30-35 of them wanted to know who the band was, where they were from, where they can find more, and where they can see them live. I was astonished because I don\'t know if any of you have used Chat roulette, but it\'s usually just guys looking for naked girls who next you immediately(if your a guy), or guys just jerking off, or girls who have no idea what they are looking for and get creeped out but pretty much anything...Why go on then?

Anyways...I did this again today and got the same result! People are liking what they are hearing and seeing and want more! Who knows if the people are actually looking into the band or not, but I know at least another 100 people know of this band now, and all seemed to be interested. I\'m going to continue this experiment periodically and see what happens. Fuckin technology...

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 07:19:08 pm »
Nice, thats cool people are interested in the band. Chatroulette is a very weird thing though.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 07:22:49 pm »
We\'ll take anybody with ears!

dj dizzy k

• Breakfast connoisseur
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 07:43:01 pm »
Yeah its mostly "weirdos" that enjoy the breakfast anyway :) But agreed Ken.

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:23:31 pm »
Not sure a bunch of chronic masturbaters is what the Bfast needs. Not a smart approach in my opinion.

May i suggest getting promo material in the hands of some devoted fans. And book some more shows. I can\'t ride MJG enough. Must be that Minnesota air.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 12:32:26 am »
hey it can\'t hurt
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

dj dizzy k

• Breakfast connoisseur
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 01:09:51 am »
Quote from: sąikidélik;254578
Not sure a bunch of chronic masturbaters is what the Bfast needs. Not a smart approach in my opinion.

May i suggest getting promo material in the hands of some devoted fans. And book some more shows. I can\'t ride MJG enough. Must be that Minnesota air.

Yeah that\'s witty and all but if someones jerkin it I report them which kicks them off the site for 10 minutes, which I think is hilarious. Nothin like giving hundreds of creepos blue balls with the click of a mouse...then its on to the next, normal person sitting there waiting for their faces to get melted.

peaches626

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 04:56:07 am »
The Weird Beards have utilized chat roulette as a marketing tool and have found it to be quite hilarious...  

It\'s a pretty random group of people you get on there, but it\'s definitely spreading the word!!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 10:42:33 am »
interesting. can\'t hurt, right? thx for taking the initiative and caring enough to spread the music!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 10:44:01 am »

I think it\'s a great idea.  Any little bit helps.  Jammin\' out promo material has been happening for a decade, it\'s good but also has it limitations.  You never know how the next crew of fans will be found, so why limit yourself.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 11:00:57 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;254603

I think it\'s a great idea.  Any little bit helps.  Jammin\' out promo material has been happening for a decade, it\'s good but also has it limitations.  You never know how the next crew of fans will be found, so why limit yourself.

Can I have a chart or some statistical analysis on this?

Thanks in advance
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 11:04:44 am »
Not sure a bunch of chronic masturbaters is what the Bfast needs.

you obviously dont know the band or their fans.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 12:36:04 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;254605
Not sure a bunch of chronic masturbaters is what the Bfast needs.

you obviously dont know the band or their fans.....

LMAO! Thanks Gencs!

Quote from: SlimPickens;254603

I have not seen one link to any promo material on a while, but i guess i haven\'t really asked. Just the fact that you enjoy internet blue balling is a bit strange to me, but then again, the whole fucking world is strange, so have at it. But good luck getting them together in front of a web cam.

Unless of course your just going to put on a dvd and face your web cam at it. Which would probably be better then having the band play continuously while you click through money shots.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 03:13:08 pm »
ChatRoulette is part of the Illuminati / Satan Worhiper\'s plan to currupt us all with perverse sexuality, meanwhile laying some Big Brother style webcame surveillance on all our asses.

YAHWEH told me he wasn\'t a fan. I\'ll take his word for it.

Then again I Facebook is Big Brother\'s all-seeing eye as well... and it\'s fun as heck to use that shit to fuck the establishment. (see my girlfriend\'s 90-days No Sugar Challenge or Tim Palmieri\'s righteous crusade against those motherfuckers in charge of Monstanto).

The fun thing about all the evil in the world is, they\'re just screwing themselves over. Golden Age is already started. The first vibrations at least.

I\'ve totally lost the plot of my own point by now. Hopefully everyone has a healthy Monday. peace.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 03:51:18 pm »
logged on

saw bdfreetuna beating it

logged off.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."