Author Topic: G.o.t.v.?  (Read 6641 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 10:49:14 pm »
Quote from: Klout;145301
i thought about that actually and i was gonna check but i thought it was the same year as moe down but whatever. those two fests were chances for them to blow and it didn\'t happen. almost nobody went to those festies to see the breakfast and they ended up getting a lot of random exposure which just fizzled in the end. people don\'t even know what good shit is anymore.

If there isn\'t a "scene" surrounding them, they must not warrant a crowd.  

I know you aren\'t a fan of the trio Klout, neither was I. But I remembered to accept them for what they were. The last Toad\'s show I stayed in the mindset the whole night, and had one of the best Breakfast experiences. Something akin to 2001!  Sure, at times I get fed up with the muddy mix, but I try to think of it as a boulder of energy, as opposed to a swamp of blahhhh.   Anyways, I hope to meet you at a future show bud.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 11:10:47 pm »
I PERSONALLY despise the oxymoron that is considered the Dead Family.

you have no idea....you weren\'t there. we are everywhere....still.
oh.......and igzi\'s finally wrong.  ;)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 11:12:04 pm »
yea...I just feel like asking why they arent playing vibes is moot. Nobody cares thats why. Except maybe the dozen people who are for it between this thread and the other ones. No one cares. Thats why they aren\'t playing vibes. It doesn\'t take a genius to figure it out. It\'s not a terrapin conspiracy. Theres 20 people who would like to see them there and none that are going to do anything about beyond stupidly asking why on these threads.

Rujah

• team digest
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2007, 12:18:19 am »
i got to agree with peck and klout on this one even though I will not be at the gathering this year, it is in their home state and they should be playing no matter what the time slot. there are tons of other bands who are no way as good as the breakfast but oh well. personally i believe it has to be a management problem or the band. someone has to make calls and get this band out recognized or else it will just be us who support them.

not sure who else said these, but the breakfast is the only band I will travel any distance to see them. i am usually so busy that this is the only board I visit on a regualar basis, although I did read the the gotv posts about the band. but probably won\'t read them tomorrow unless someone posts something else about it on .info. maybe they just need a keyboardist, are they even looking for one? i mean don\'t get me wrong I love them as a trio. the sound is a little different but only for those who have grown accustomed to them as a 4-piece, perhaps a lot of the newer fans do not even know they used to have jordan.

after taking a short look at the calendar, i noticed they have little shows scheduled during the week. they need to just get out and tour: big fests, small fests, no fests, or their own fests. they need to hit the road and earn a following. it is not just going to land fall in their lap.

(if the post is incoherent, I apologize in advance for I couldnt resist oh and I have been drinking tonight as usual. Feel free to criticize)
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2007, 01:18:30 am »
wow....
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2007, 10:31:12 am »
I\'m not really sure why folks decided to point the finger at me.

Again.

All I was doing was explaining that there isn\'t some Terrapin conspiracy to keep the Breakfast out of their festival.

I am not a Terrapin apologist. Never have been and I think if you asked them they would agree.
I was just telling it like it is. If you don\'t like it fine but not sure how that translates in to me having my head up their ass.

They throw a great festival. I have worked many of them, I also am lucky enough to get to see what goes on behind the scenes for better or for worse.

The attacks against Terrapin were unwarranted and most of all complete BS so I made a point to lay it out
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2007, 10:35:13 am »
I think many people on this board seem to vent at someone/anyone when the person doesn\'t agree with the opinion being made.  Sad, really :(

:shrug: Anyway, I\'d go to GOTV - Their lineup looks great & it\'s so close to home!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2007, 10:36:47 am »
vibes was a blast last year. DBB ripped it up as they always do. I was there two years ago two when the breakfast played and they were scheduled for 1 am i think and I went over at like 5 after 1 and they were one song away from the encore.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2007, 12:39:38 pm »
Mike Gordon Returns for RAQ

Mike Gordon emerged from semi-hibernation Friday night to help RAQ celebrate 4/20 at South Burlington, VT’s Higher Ground. The former Phish bassist emerged at the start of RAQ’s second set for “I’m Bad I’m Nationwide” and the Allman Brothers Band’s “Whipping Post.” During his 92nd St. Y appearance Trey Anastasio mentioned that Gordon was taking a year off from touring, which likely accounts for his limited appearances in recent months. Gordon wasn’t the only Phish-associate on the bill that night: former Phish engineer and current Page McConnell band bassist Rob O\'Dea opened the evening with Deep Soda. On Saturday Jon Fishman and Touchpants supported RAQ at New York’s Bowery Ballroom as part of Green Apple. RAQ will perform May 4 at Church, VA’s The State Theatre.

http://www.jambands.com/News.phtml?newsfile=redesign_news318.html#4-23-29

what does it take.......
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007, 01:26:49 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;145329
I\'m not really sure why folks decided to point the finger at me.

Again.

All I was doing was explaining that there isn\'t some Terrapin conspiracy to keep the Breakfast out of their festival.

I am not a Terrapin apologist. Never have been and I think if you asked them they would agree.
I was just telling it like it is. If you don\'t like it fine but not sure how that translates in to me having my head up their ass.

They throw a great festival. I have worked many of them, I also am lucky enough to get to see what goes on behind the scenes for better or for worse.

The attacks against Terrapin were unwarranted and most of all complete BS so I made a point to lay it out

i was just bustin balls really.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 02:01:04 pm »
Quote from: derickw;145352
Mike Gordon Returns for RAQ

Mike Gordon emerged from semi-hibernation Friday night to help RAQ celebrate 4/20 at South Burlington, VT’s Higher Ground. The former Phish bassist emerged at the start of RAQ’s second set for “I’m Bad I’m Nationwide” and the Allman Brothers Band’s “Whipping Post.” During his 92nd St. Y appearance Trey Anastasio mentioned that Gordon was taking a year off from touring, which likely accounts for his limited appearances in recent months. Gordon wasn’t the only Phish-associate on the bill that night: former Phish engineer and current Page McConnell band bassist Rob O\'Dea opened the evening with Deep Soda. On Saturday Jon Fishman and Touchpants supported RAQ at New York’s Bowery Ballroom as part of Green Apple. RAQ will perform May 4 at Church, VA’s The State Theatre.

http://www.jambands.com/News.phtml?newsfile=redesign_news318.html#4-23-29

what does it take.......

Well, RAQ is from a huge jamband market. I\'ve suggested the Breakfast move to more fertile grounds and was met with disdain at the idea.   RAQ\'s manager was Strangefolk\'s manager back when Strangefolk had Reid.  The contacts and connections were already well established, which is why RAQ semi-blew up so quick.  The Breakfast needs management with REAL connections and a lengthy resume.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2007, 04:39:30 pm »
i dont care what anyone says,the former breakfast manager pissed off ken to the point that although hes not even still the manager,youll never see the band on  aterrapin thrown event.
end of thread
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2007, 05:28:09 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;145254
I might agree that the Breakfast are better than some of the bands you mention but Martin Sexton kicks serious ass and that has nothing to do with it.

werd.

I\'ll be @ Vibes. It would be cool if Breakfast was there but the lineup is going to be sick regardless so I\'m not holding my breath.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2007, 11:22:26 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;145403
Quote from: kindm\'s;145254
I might agree that the Breakfast are better than some of the bands you mention but Martin Sexton kicks serious ass and that has nothing to do with it.

werd.

I\'ll be @ Vibes. It would be cool if Breakfast was there but the lineup is going to be sick regardless so I\'m not holding my breath.

If your gonna def be there. come say hi in the taperssection.

We can have a beer or 3
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
G.o.t.v.?
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2007, 11:30:33 am »
Quote from: freddiewaht;145394
i dont care what anyone says,the former breakfast manager pissed off ken to the point that although hes not even still the manager,youll never see the band on  aterrapin thrown event.
end of thread

Well... there you have it.
Masturbation in the MFA