Author Topic: The Timmy Palmieri Fund  (Read 6576 times)

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 12:40:27 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
If the .info members organized or help organized a show at UAC it will take a lot of work and dedication from all of us. Someone would need to book the joint (probably some cash upfront), make sure the band is able to play the date, we would need alcohol and other goodies (possibly some people can "donate" to this cause), then we would need to promote it (which seems to be the toughest part of the equation, we probably would need to sell it out).

Like Antbach said, if the band is trying to push out west then the trouble of doing this becomes short notice. If that falls through, we should think about doing a fundraiser at the Fungoulish Freakout.

There are many avenues to explore here. We might be able to go around to local businesses and get some sponsors for the event. I think we really need to brainstorm and explore all our options. It is a lot of work but if each of us can contribute to helping out, then the load will be displaced amongst the group. We would still need a competent and reliable leader to head this entire thing.

man, that\'s a lot of work.  i\'m tired just reading about it.  i don\'t think this HAS TO BE before fall tour.  could be a fun and meaningful homecoming.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 12:42:25 pm »
If Tim could do a solo show in Lafayette or Chicago on a Thursday > full band Friday and Saturday, I\'m sure he could make some money off tips and whatnot. I\'d promote the snot out of it, of course.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

davepeck

• Administrator
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 12:43:41 pm »
Quote from: kyndkate
1) Get a decent insurance plan. I can\'t believe Tim and the guys don\'t have one for their equipment.
2) Don\'t leave thousands of dollars of equipment in a van in a parking lot for 3 days. I know it sounds bad, but I don\'t blame someone for stealing his stuff. He left it out in the open when he should have unloaded it and left it at a friend\'s house.

thank you kate for being the voice of reason here...

guys, seriously.. if you want to donate money to tim for new equipment, hand him some cash. i\'m sorry, i love tim dearly, but i have a real hard time feeling bad about this. does it suck? sure.. but he left his gear in a van in a public parking lot for a weekend while he was thousands of miles away, AND he\'s had equipment stolen (the same way) more than once before..

is stealing right? hell no.. but whatever happened to learning from your mistakes???

Is this the 4th time that equipment has been stolen from the band?

i believe 3rd, but.. hey, who\'s counting?

lisa

The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 12:47:20 pm »
Kids who live in off-campus housing do it all the time when they get jacked.  He would have to cover the deductible (normally 500) and may have to show proof of ownership.  Than do the whole UAC thing anyway and be AHEAD of the game
"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted"
                                                 Mae West

SlimPickens

• just the tip
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 12:47:48 pm »
1) Get a decent insurance plan. I can\'t believe Tim and the guys don\'t have one for their equipment.
2) Don\'t leave thousands of dollars of equipment in a van in a parking lot for 3 days. I know it sounds bad, but I don\'t blame someone for stealing his stuff. He left it out in the open when he should have unloaded it and left it at a friend\'s house.

tough love

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2005, 12:51:06 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

thank you kate for being the voice of reason here...

guys, seriously.. if you want to donate money to tim for new equipment, hand him some cash. i\'m sorry, i love tim dearly, but i have a real hard time feeling bad about this. does it suck? sure.. but he left his gear in a van in a public parking lot for a weekend while he was thousands of miles away, AND he\'s had equipment stolen (the same way) more than once before..

is stealing right? hell no.. but whatever happened to learning from your mistakes???

You are right. It sucks but a little care and thinking and learning from previous experience and it wouldn\'t have happened.

if it is possible for Tim to claim this through insurance then he should look into it. I also know that just about anything in the world is insurable. Lloyds of London will insure anything (If I remember correctly), Peyton Manning\'s arm is worth $10 Million.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2005, 12:52:14 pm »
Dave, my thoughts exactly. When Freddie told me about this a couple weeks ago, I had a hard time feeling sympathetic. If his equipment really meant all that much to him, he would have taken the necessary precautions. Hopefully this will be a wake-up call to the guys that they need to get their act together and get a collective insurance plan.

Don\'t get me wrong, I care a lot about these guys and want only the best for them. It\'s just that at this point, you\'d think they\'d have the money business taken care of. If they want to get bigger, they\'re going to have to hunker down and work out financial/legal stuff and get some professionals to help them out.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 12:55:09 pm by kyndkate »
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Mamalakabubadaya

The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2005, 12:53:22 pm »
dave, i\'m with ya. it is a shitty lesson (that i hope tim learned from this time around).

If Tim could do a solo show in Lafayette or Chicago on a Thursday > full band Friday and Saturday, I\'m sure he could make some money off tips and whatnot. I\'d promote the snot out of it, of course.

please think realistically for a second here...
the guys would spend a significant amount of money to get out there, stay in a hotel, etc to begin with. it sounds like a nice idea, but they would make very very little money on something like that.

i like spacey and slimpicken\'s ideas on this subject. a UAC show is way too much time, effort, money, but something like a raffle or selling shots/"heady" beers at puppet lot would be helpful.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2005, 01:01:05 pm »
I am not sure if folks were looking out on e-bay but this is the first I had heard about it. I know it is a long shot but if this happens again let us know. We could have atleast kept an eye out for his stuff

As far as a raffle goes I would be more than happy to donate PB/ The breakfast CD\'s / DVD\'s to the cause.

I also am sure that my friend Kyle would probably donate a few nice concert photos or something along those lines.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2005, 01:01:20 pm »
i think insurance is gonna cover it

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2005, 01:01:53 pm »
True, kindm\'s.

If we focus our intentions on the Puppet House, what can we sell? Food, like burgers, dogs, grilled cheeses? Can we sell alcohol at the Puppet House?

now, if we can come up with a N20 tank then we can make the money back in no time, but that is not here nor there ;)

SlimPickens

• just the tip
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2005, 01:07:55 pm »

now, if we can come up with a N20 tank then we can make the money back in no time, but that is not here nor there ;)

fast shadey cash.  anyone know a crooked dentist?

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2005, 01:10:54 pm »
No one here seems to remember, that the numbers after UAC were in the red.  That kind of situation would not be for the best

Hopefully insurance will cover it, I was at Tim\'s before Rocks Off and he was on the phone with his music insurance company, and it saounded like it might be good news but we\'ll see as things progress
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2005, 01:14:18 pm »
Me!; You are right, the last UAC did lose a little cash.

That is why I stated then if this was going to be done, promoing and getting people there is the toughest part. You are also talking about a show that would have to be 21+ and a very expensive ticket.

I hope that his insurance covers it because producing this kind of event takes a lot of time and energy. More then most of us can put aside and realistically put an honest effort up.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2005, 01:18:13 pm »
Quote from: Me!
No one here seems to remember, that the numbers after UAC were in the red.  That kind of situation would not be for the best

Hopefully insurance will cover it, I was at Tim\'s before Rocks Off and he was on the phone with his music insurance company, and it saounded like it might be good news but we\'ll see as things progress

selective memory loss.  i\'ve already admitted that i\'m just in this for another private party breakfast show.

You are also talking about a show that would have to be 21+ and a very expensive ticket.

logically impossible to pull off a successful gig under these conditions.