Author Topic: The Timmy Palmieri Fund  (Read 6578 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« on: August 08, 2005, 11:43:33 am »
im not sure if this has been discussed on here at all,but when tpalms got to the commuter lot in his hometown of norwalk after playing 10000 lakes,somebody ganked his telecaster/amp/pa out of his van.
NOT COOL!
its his 4th fender that has been stolen from him,and im not sure what the insurance situation is,but i think as fans/friends of the dude,we should try to put something together to help out a bit.
any ideas?
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 11:49:17 am »
:chin:Let\'s do another UAC party... all profits/donations for Tmn8r
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

lisa

The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 11:50:21 am »
I know how his items can be partially covered via insurance
"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted"
                                                 Mae West

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 11:52:46 am »
This is a tough one, hmmm?
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 12:01:36 pm »
Damn!  That\'s gotta be close to 2G\'s in equipment.  UAC could defintely work.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 12:15:15 pm »
What about some sort of fundraiser?

I\'m sure that a UAC gig could work but by the time the band is paid off and whoever else made it happens gets their investment back, the money would be minimal.

Is there any PB/The Breakfast memorablia that we could auction off as a fundraiser? Possibly, signed pictures/cds or something along those lines. Like a raffel, possibly something at the puppet house, if there are any Puppet House Posters, get the band to autograph them and then sell tickets for a couple of bucks.

It is a lot of money to recover and it is going to take a lot of kind people to make it back, but with a logical and real idea, we can raise the money.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 12:24:39 pm »
i don\'t think a UAC-type event is completely outta the question.  if someone w/ good organizing skills (ie not me) could get this going, I\'m sure some people would be willing to donate more than just the price of admission to see this happen.  i\'d be more than happy to donate a barrel of budweiser for us "shitty-beer" snobs... shit I might even be talked into bringin\' some whiskey for shootin\'./

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 12:25:45 pm »
a UAC type show would work best. But seeing as the band (assuming here) is leaving the northeast for fall tour in a month or so, planning something like that in such short notice would be difficult.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

davepeck

• Administrator
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 12:29:56 pm »
umm....

timmy tour > tip jar???

lisa

The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 12:32:38 pm »
There is coverage under his parents homeowners policy, less their deductible, as long as he says he lives there.  Really easy solution...
"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted"
                                                 Mae West

SlimPickens

• just the tip
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 12:33:10 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
umm....

timmy tour > tip jar???

yeah, but most of the TT regulars are scrapin\' just for a couple beers.  shit, i saw Genc\'s dump a nickel in the tip jar once.

i\'m just looking for any excuse for another family style jam.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 12:36:01 pm »
If the .info members organized or help organized a show at UAC it will take a lot of work and dedication from all of us. Someone would need to book the joint (probably some cash upfront), make sure the band is able to play the date, we would need alcohol and other goodies (possibly some people can "donate" to this cause), then we would need to promote it (which seems to be the toughest part of the equation, we probably would need to sell it out).

Like Antbach said, if the band is trying to push out west then the trouble of doing this becomes short notice. If that falls through, we should think about doing a fundraiser at the Fungoulish Freakout.

There are many avenues to explore here. We might be able to go around to local businesses and get some sponsors for the event. I think we really need to brainstorm and explore all our options. It is a lot of work but if each of us can contribute to helping out, then the load will be displaced amongst the group. We would still need a competent and reliable leader to head this entire thing.

Quote from: lisa
There is coverage under his parents homeowners policy, less their deductible, as long as he says he lives there.  Really easy solution...

TPalms doesn\'t live with his parents.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 12:38:04 pm »
1) Get a decent insurance plan. I can\'t believe Tim and the guys don\'t have one for their equipment.
2) Don\'t leave thousands of dollars of equipment in a van in a parking lot for 3 days. I know it sounds bad, but I don\'t blame someone for stealing his stuff. He left it out in the open when he should have unloaded it and left it at a friend\'s house.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

davepeck

• Administrator
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 12:38:13 pm »
Quote from: Spacey

TPalms doesn\'t live with his parents.

as long as he says he lives there.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 12:40:05 pm »
Is this the 4th time that equipment has been stolen from the band?