Author Topic: Live As Is Tour Dates  (Read 6548 times)

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 11:52:40 am »
you\'re only 66 miles from bridgeport but you still can\'t make a show??? jesus christ, sack up already!! or is your hoo haa just too sore to sit in a car for an hour?

i mean, do you even realize how much of a bitch you sound like now, considering how many of us would KILL to have a show only 66 or 59 miles away!!  

"My favorite band plays an hour away from me but i can\'t make it because that\'s too far...."

that makes squeak scolari look like the goddamn hulk, right there!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 12:01:39 pm »
Srsly dude an hour drive ain\'t shit. That\'s how long it takes me to get to Sully\'s or Mill Street and I consider that pretty local and "must see" shows.

I\'m sure you could have legit reasons not to go and it\'s not like going to shows is mandatory, but really you gotta find a better excuse than a 1 hour drive.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 12:01:58 pm »
Quote from: jking;241308
you\'re only 66 miles from bridgeport but you still can\'t make a show??? jesus christ, sack up already!! or is your hoo haa just too sore to sit in a car for an hour?

i mean, do you even realize how much of a bitch you sound like now, considering how many of us would KILL to have a show only 66 or 59 miles away!!  

"My favorite band plays an hour away from me but i can\'t make it because that\'s too far...."

Well as someone within 1 - 2 hours it isn\'t about the distance so much as the shows that start at 10 - 11PM. And I don\'t have kids.

But I see your point.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 12:07:52 pm »
Quote from: jking;241308

Guess what, one of my other favorite bands is playing 5 miles from my house in a couple weeks and I\'m not going to that either.  You know why, priorities asshole.  I bitched and moaned about getting a show locally for the first half of the year because I knew that after August, it\'d be damn tough to drag myself away from two kids under the age of two (let alone my kid who will be all of 3-1/2 months old).  In case you didn\'t notice, I haven\'t really bitched about where they\'re playing lately.  My kids are going to win out 99.9% of the time (unless they\'re playing local like at Donnegals or Mexicali).  I only responded because my name was called out.  You can say I\'m a hoo haa or that my vag hurts or that I\'ve got no nuts.  I really don\'t give a shit.  End of discussion.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

jking

• thanks!!
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 12:13:08 pm »
i don\'t know, it just annoyed the hell out of me to hear he\'s only an hour away after all the whining he\'s done.

and sure, getting home at 3:30 or so is late, but they also only play on fridays and saturdays, so sleep in the next morning. he\'s got a wife to look after the kids for one night and part of a morning, no? a baby sitter? parents? and if he doesn\'t have any of those options, why the hell is he bitching about a show he won\'t be able to go to even if it was in his own backyard?

and its not like he has to go to every show, but not going to ANY when they\'re only an hour away and then bitching that the shows are too far??? weak ass shit, right there!

but you were bitching when you could have seen a show an hour away back in february and again in june.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:13:08 pm by jking »

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 12:24:18 pm »
10.31 – The Field - Bridgeport, CT*

*This is now officially listed on Jambase...
Where to next?

thatguy

Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 12:31:44 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;241319

yes its true! the night will be tributed to parlament funfadelic...and breakfast songs! free show!!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 12:58:24 pm »
Quote from: jking;241315
i don\'t know, it just annoyed the hell out of me to hear he\'s only an hour away after all the whining he\'s done.

and sure, getting home at 3:30 or so is late, but they also only play on fridays and saturdays, so sleep in the next morning. he\'s got a wife to look after the kids for one night and part of a morning, no? a baby sitter? parents? and if he doesn\'t have any of those options, why the hell is he bitching about a show he won\'t be able to go to even if it was in his own backyard?

and its not like he has to go to every show, but not going to ANY when they\'re only an hour away and then bitching that the shows are too far??? weak ass shit, right there!

but you were bitching when you could have seen a show an hour away back in february and again in june.

When you have a kid, you come back here and tell me how easy it is to drive an hour each way to a show that doesn\'t start until 10-11.  Your solution of dumping the kids on my wife or parents is really fair to my wife or my kids.  Get real, when you have kids, they are your priority, everything else is second place.  If you can juggle all that and still go to a handfull of shows, I\'ll award you the father of the fucking year award.  

I wasn\'t going to comment in this thread because I knew that it\'d be tough to get to any of the shows scheduled, but I was called out.  And if you\'re so bent about not getting a show within driving distance, then move out of the fucking south and find a place in CT, MASS or upstate NY.  

Maybe Dave has the right idea about this site.  Everybody talks about positive vibes, but all I see is a handful of people getting reemed for no reason at all....
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

jking

• thanks!!
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 01:07:42 pm »
if your kids require every minute of your time and know you can\'t get to a show, even if its 5 minutes from your house, why do you bitch about them playing near you in the first place??

that\'s like a vegan bitching that there\'s not a god steak house nearby....

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 01:12:39 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;241321

yes its true! the night will be tributed to parlament funfadelic...and breakfast songs! free show!!

ad, is there a theme for the other two nights? more specifically, higher ground? i\'ll be raging no matter what it is, just curious.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

thatguy

Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 01:16:41 pm »
the theme for the other nights is just play our asses off.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 01:19:59 pm »
Just got the email for the Live As Is release. I\'m not sure what ReverbNation does for the breakfast, but if anyone cares it says they\'re from St Paul, MN. Plus it would make sense to swap out The World Needs Us and The Message from the playlist (Buquebus is spelled wrong too). Slow day at work, carry on.
Smell my mule.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 01:21:21 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;241332
the theme for the other nights is just play our asses off.

sweet... I\'m down for that!
Where to next?

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 01:30:14 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;241321

so does this mean you guys are gonna hit people up for smoke, steal furniture and make women fell really uncomfortable ;) ?

bwahahah

Cool theme tho. I was looking at a lot of the old shows and missing the funk
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Live As Is Tour Dates
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 01:42:31 pm »
How much time do the kids require from both parents later in the night?  Anything more than a feed and change periodically while they sleep is doubtful.

Yoda, it is healthy to get out every once in a while.  Hopefully you can make a show!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex